Start by marking “The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters” as Want to Read:
The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters

The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters

(The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) #11)

Paperback
Published January 5th 2010 by Image Comics

To ask other readers questions about The Walking Dead, Vol. 11, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Walking Dead, Vol. 11

Start your review of The Walking Dead, Vol. 11: Fear the Hunters
Alejandro
The Waking Dead returns in this second compendium!

This is the eleventh volume of The Walking Dead, collecting the comic book issue from #109 to #114.

Creative Team:

Writer: Robert Kirkman

Illustrators: Charlie Adlard

Additional gray tones to inking: Cliff Rathburn

Chapter Eleven

FEAR THE HUNTERS

And in the end, when it’s over – I won’t hesitate.

You may think that in an insane world where men-eater zombies are everywhere, those would be your highest threat, but hardly, since there is a more
Sean Barrs
I’m desperately trying to catch up with the television show, but I’m still seven years behind on these. I have so much to read and so little time. You all know how it is! I just want to see Negan on the page and see more of Rick’s evolution. But then there’s also a whole world of books yet to discover. Such problems we readers have.

The title of this one, though, made me laugh far too much. It’s so ridiculous. There’s nothing to fear about these hunters. They are all very weak people, which woul
Ken
Jan 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series has always been about the humans and their fight for survival, it just so happens that it’s played out during a zombie apocalypse.

This volume really highlights this, the group have to face some difficult decisions as they journey to Washington.

The group are convinced they are being watched from the woods, when a seamlessly harmless pastor arrives - can the group trust him.

This volume is about the lengths of survival an individual decides to take, the pastor wanted to keep all the sup
Gabby
"They're fucking with the wrong people."
God damn god damn god damn. This volume was crazy! The Hunters were cruel and this volume really showed how humanity is lost among these people. All the horrible things Rick has to do are getting to him and he wants to be a good role model for Carl but it's almost impossible in a world like this. The idea of somebody watching the group from afar is really terrifying and creepy.

SPOILERS BELOW
I totally called it. Dale is dead. I knew he would be dead soon. T
Becky
I don't know if I agree that this is the most shocking storyline yet, as the description says. I still think that the Governor takes that prize. But this was good all the same.

The in-group developments rocked me, especially with the death that occurs right off the bat, and the way that is handled. That was crazy unexpected! But the remaining stuff, the hunters named in the title, that was extremely predictable.

This wasn't my favorite, but honestly, these are so good that being 'not my favorite
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: z2016, graphic-novels
4.5 stars.

I'm kind of surprised that I liked this volume as much as I did because it was really predictable! Regardless it was still crazy good! It definitely wasn't the craziest but it was still awesome. Probably my second favourite volume so far. I love how badass Rick is. The writing and artwork was top notch in this volume. These comics are just so good, I can't get enough! I'm so beyond addicted.
Ryan Buckby
Mar 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First read: April 7th 2016
Re-read: August 22nd 2019

this comic is starting to pick up the series again, the survivors are on the move again trying to find somewhere to live.

We are introduced to a new character Father Gabriel who almost gets killed by a couple of walkers until the group rescue him and he then takes them to his church where he has been held up for quiet some time during the apocalypse. However the group soons runs into trouble when a cannibal group soon begins to taunt the gro
Wren (fablesandwren)

Holy crap, this volume was amazing. I can't even.

Finally we have the cannibals and we finally see how kids can be morphed into something else in this kind of setting. Like seriously I can't even think right now.

Like that thing with Bob in the comics? Yah, it's not Bob.

And that whole "look at the flowers" thing that happened? Yah it happens but a lot lot lot lot worse and I kind of loved it and I can't wait to see what Rick does about it.
Sam Quixote
This is one of those comedy volumes where Robert Kirkman goes overboard with the misery to the point of hilarity. It’s also another volume where the characters realise, yet again, how far they’ve left their humanity behind them. Yup, just like the last volume. And the one before that. And the one… etc.

The group are on their way to Washington, D.C, where Eugene, the scientist, might be able to do something about the zombie plague. But they get sidetracked when one of Dale and Andrea’s twins murd
Kemper
Apr 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing
AMC is adapting The Walking Dead into a television series, and as a big fan of these comics, I was initially very excited about the idea. But after reading this latest volume, I’m starting to dread it. Because it’s hard enough reading about the horror and misery that sadist Robert Kirkman has heaped on these characters, but if the series is half as good as the books, I don’t know if I’m going to be able to take watching some of this stuff play out in live-action.

Things aren’t getting any better
Kaisersoze
Providing a much-needed ramp-up to what had been a slowly stagnating series, Volume 11 of Kirkman and Adlard's version of the zombie apocalypse goes for the juggler in a short, nasty story-line that is extremely impressive. Those who questioned any human could provide a credible threat to Rick and his group after the events at the prison might now have reason to pause before proclaiming such ill-considered judgements, because while none of the antagonists here stand anywhere near the Governor in ...more
☣Lynn☣

Soo much better than the previous book. It's faster paced and CANNIBALS!!
Tyler  Bell
Oct 20, 2020 marked it as dnf-on-hold  ·  review of another edition
For the record, I was like 12 pages from finishing this volume, but that was about close to 6 years ago when I was super into The Walking Dead. Unfortunately for this series, I will not be continuing on with it.

Here are the reasons why. Firstly, like I said above, it has been 6 years since I picked this up. I don't have a driving force to start from the very beginning again. I wasn't even enjoying this volume if I remember correctly. I rated the first Comendium a 5 Stars, and rated the next two
Mindy
I might be addicted to reading these. I seriously can't stop.

This one is so great. It contains two huge plot points from the T.V. show, but because things are so different I didn't even see one of them coming.

I wish this moment was written exactly like the comic, because... FUCK YEAH!!!
a-comic-book-rick-tells-abraham-that-the-hunters-are-fucking-with-the-wrong-people.jpg (486×768)

On to Vol. 12!
Justine
Jun 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphics, 2020-read
The cannibal edition! Really, you would think it would take longer than a year before that set in. But these people are cannibals more because they are lazy than because they are truly desperate for food. It's not a plane crash in the Andes, people.

Carl fesses up!
Kim
Nov 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: zombies-invade
These comics are so freakin addicting!!!!
Anna
May 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dystopia
Fear the hunters.... who the hell the hunters are? And what is wrong with the boys?

More problems for the survivors on their way to Washington....
Ayman Gomaa
Mar 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
What a volume xD , so good and so fast
world gone crazy really , losing humanity , cannibals now eating people and enjoy it
one of the twins really gone crazy and Carl took care of him but too late , Dale was so stressed and start to shout to everyone , Rick and Abraham still leading the group to the safety but hunters after them but they forget something

THEY ARE SCREWING WITH THE WRONG PEOPLE <3 i love that scene here and in the show was very good , this comics really mind blowing and still su
Drew The Reviewer
This is by far the most twisted and disgusting volume yet. It has nonstop twists and turns on every single page. This is honestly my #1 favorite volume so far. The suspense is insane. The cannibalism concept made me race to turn the page. My thoughts are all over the place right now and I'm in love with this series so much. A thousand times better than the TV show! ...more
Patrick
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The gradual slip into a “kill or be killed” mentality really emerges in the characters in this volume. I would have been disgusted at the cannibals Rick and the others face if I didn’t already see the show. That part was disgusting. Poor Dale.
Darren Hagan
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
**No spoilers**

Such a good volume. So fast paced and some pretty shocking moments. The group show how far they are willing to go to protect their own people.
Cori
Although the characters weren't always the same, the show stuck remarkably close to the book for this season.

I'm tracking the differences between the shows and books so if you don't want spoilers, we should part ways here.

Or here.

Or...last chance...here.

•Father Gabriel arrives on scene in this book. Not necessarily a difference. Just noting it.

•Two twins named Billy and Ben have been trucking along with the group. As opposed to the show where this happened with two sisters after they join th
Arie
This one was fairly heartbreaking - not that all of the volumes thus far don't have sad moments, but you get numbed to them. It's been a while since I read vol. 10 so I wasn't quite prepared for the deaths that occurred, even though I knew about them in advance. (view spoiler) ...more
Alondra Miller
4.5 Stars

Much better than the last, IMHO.

Plot twists with Dale, the Twins and shockingly, Carl. It keeps throwing me for a loop how different the comics are from the T.V. Show.

You know what? I love it. I love how circumstances, mishaps and misadventures keep stirring up havoc with this group. So much happens, and you don't get a huge build-up before sh*t hits the fan. You turn the page and get a shocker.

Keep 'em coming!
Rachel Reads Ravenously
I preferred this book SOOOOO much more than the Terminus plot on the show. Instead of a crapton of buildup, the cannibals are introduced and dealt with all in one volume. And also a plus, it was a heck of a lot less gratuitous than the previous books.

I CAN'T STOP READING THESE. HELP ME!!!
Nicole Alycia
Jan 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kinda sorta really glad Dale is dead .... he was getting on my nerves. The hunters were way less dramatic than I thought they would be. Still, quite a bit of action in this one.
Cathy
Another volume with a shocking beginning, same as the last one. When you think that things can‘t get any worse... they do. A lot.

Father Gabriel shows up in this one...

1-E7-DB983-C8-B6-4-D28-8-D63-4914-F20-B3172

Interesting discussion with Eugene on faith and science.

Nice frame of Andrea, doing what she does best:

EA791-D74-A9-FB-4-B67-BE60-85-A40564-D936

She has to deal with missed opportunities and second chances. This is a real tear jerker.

Rick is not in a nice mood. Back to old form and to running things.

9-D3-A5620-AD0-B-42-B8-8071-F8-D1-A2-AFF5-A9

Kirkman is certainly not afraid to tackle taboo subjects and even the „go
Sydney Scothon
Aug 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic graphic novel the things people do to survive the apocalypse of zombies
Judah Radd
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: image-comics
I didn’t review each volume separately. This is the full review I promised upon series completion.

**************************

Well God Damn

It’s been a ride. The thing that stands out to me the most about this series is how quickly it flew by. I’ve never flipped pages as frantically as I did with this title. The intrigue was as relentless as the violence and emotional peaks.

This really isn’t a series about zombies. It’s about everything around the zombies. The main focus is the nature of humanity
Delmy

• Locke & Key, Vol. 3: Crown of Shadows
  • Y: The Last Man, Vol. 9: Motherland
  • Chew, Vol. 2: International Flavor
  • The Cold Vanish: Seeking the Missing in North America's Wildlands
  • Asterix the Gladiator (Asterix, #4)
  • Severed
  • Star Wars: Age of Rebellion
  • Locke & Key: ...In Pale Battalions Go… #2
  • Locke & Key, Vol. 2: Head Games
  • DMZ, Vol. 4: Friendly Fire
  • Sweet Tooth, Volume 3: Animal Armies
  • Coffin Hill Vol. 3: Haunted Houses
  • Scalped, Vol. 9: Knuckle Up (Scalped, #9)

The Walking Dead (Collected Editions) (1 - 10 of 32 books)
  • The Walking Dead, Vol. 1: Days Gone Bye