Start by marking “Triumph in Arms (Masters at Arms, #6)” as Want to Read:
Triumph in Arms (Masters at Arms, #6)

Triumph in Arms (Masters at Arms #6)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  167 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Once a starveling bootblack, Christien Lenoir has risen to become the sword master known as Faucon, the Falcon. When a desperate gambler stakes his plantation in a late-night card game, sharp-eyed Christien antes up. For he wants River's Edge—and the tempestuous widow whose birthright it is. And he will stop at nothing to have both.

Reine Cassard Pingre feels trapped: the o
Published January 19th 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Triumph in Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triumph in Arms

Holly Bargo
Sep 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautifully written

Historic detail melds with almost poetic prose to form a delightful story about honor, love, friendship, duty, and even respect. The romance is more sensual than steamy, but that's OK. Enjoy!
Elis Madison
Maitre d'armes Christien Lenoir wins a card game that hands him the Cassard family estate. It's all part of a master plan.

He'll let the family stay at the plantation—if the widowed Reine Marie Cassard Pingre will marry him.

Reine lives under a cloud. Her husband, Theodore, died under odd circumstances, and many in New Orleans believe she killed him. And why wouldn't she? The jerk treated her like dirt. But she didn't. Now she lives in her family home, raising a daughter and enjoying her freedom
☆.。.:*・°☆Love2Read♡HEAs☆.。.:*・°☆ {Anne}
Rated 4.3 Stars

Oh drat, this is the last book of the series. I'll surely miss it. At least the last one went out with a bang!

A Plantation, a stupid wager, a gambler who wins said plantation (and makes sure the daughter comes with it), a marriage of convenience (well mostly), ghost stories, murder, the innocent accused, the truth sets them free, and always, the beauty of LOVE.

Joan Osborne
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Riveting

This story was riveting and thoroughly enjoyable. Christien and Reine were a wonderful couple and I adored Reine's daughter Marguerite as she was totally adorable. The ending has me anxiously reading the pages to find out the conclusion and I wasn't disappointed. Awesome story and one I won't soon forget.
Linda Kyle
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All six books in this series are well written, filled with adventure and romance. This author delicately describes intimate scenes with thoughtful tact. Love the setting (New Orleans) and well formed characters. Highly recommend!
Linda Banche
Mar 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Triumph At Arms is a vivid, exciting tale, lush with emotional intensity and accurate descriptions of antebellum New Orleans.

Sadly, This book is the last in Ms. Blake's Master at Arms series, about swordmasters in 1840's New Orleans. Historicals set in the United States are not exactly my cup of tea, but I decided to try the first of the series, Challenge to Honor. I was hooked.

Her heroes are exactly the kind of men I like--decent, honorable men who've been kicked around and it's made them bette
Anne Harvey
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
With cataract problems, I'm restricted to reading large print books from the library of which there is a limited choice. Neither the cover or the title really appealed to me thugh the story blurb did sound promising. Rather than have nothing to read (perish the thought!), I decided to give it a go. I'm glad I did, it proved to be a good read. I gather, from the author's notes, that it is one of a series of 'Masters at Arms' books, about a New Orleans brotherhood of master swordsmen who swear ven ...more
Tasneem
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I loved the historical detail of the period in this romance. The vividness of the characterisation was complimented by the accurately narrated details of architecture, language and customs. A really good read. The only reason why it is not a 5 is because the ending was a bit too melodramatic for my taste.
Eskimo Princess Jenkins
Set in 1847 New Orleans
This book was boring. I could not get in to it. Took me forever to read.
The storyline was beyond predictable. Every time a minor or major problem arose, you could so tell what would happen next or who was at fault.
There was one interesting part, very near the end and very brief.
Not impressed what-so-ever
Tracyk
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
a bit boring
Tiffany
Apr 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
I thought the story line was good. Not very romancer story. But I still want to read more of Jenifer Blake's stories.
Bettye McKee
Jan 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
I adored all of the Masters at Arms books. Each of the heroes was to die for. The stories were well plotted and the setting in old New Orleans was intriguing, to say the least.
Chickie
Like many of the recent Jennifer Blake books I've read, this book started slow. But it turned out to be a solid read and kept me entertained, although not as much as other books from this series.
Penny
Oct 09, 2010
Beth
Jan 26, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • How to Wed a Baron (Daughtry Family, #4)
  • The Demon's Bride
  • To Burn
  • Once Upon a Scandal (Scandal, #2)
  • Now a Bride (Mistress Trilogy #2.5)
  • Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1)
  • One Wicked Sin (The Scandalous Women of the Ton, #2)
  • Libertine's Kiss (Rakes and Rogues of the Restoration, #1)
  • The Italian's Pregnant Mistress
  • Wild Lilly
  • An Unexpected Gentleman
  • Seduction (The Spymaster's Men, #1)
  • Deadly Identity (Jackson Hole, #2)
A pseudonym used by Patricia Maxwell.

Jennifer Blake has been called a “pioneer of the romance genre”, and an “icon of the romance industry.” A New York Times and international best selling author since 1977, she is a charter member of Romance Writers of America, member of the RWA Hall of Fame, and recipient of the RWA Lifetime Achievement Rita. She holds numerous other honors, including two “Maggi
More about Jennifer Blake...

Masters at Arms (6 books)
  • Challenge to Honor (Masters at Arms #1)
  • Dawn Encounter (Masters at Arms #2)
  • Rogue's Salute (Masters at Arms, #3)
  • Guarded Heart (Masters at Arms, #4)
  • Gallant Match (Masters at Arms, #5)