Start by marking “Eat. Stop. Eat” as Want to Read:
Eat. Stop. Eat

Eat. Stop. Eat

The discovery of Brad made after years of real research? Why most diets actually won’t work long term?

Find the real truth why the eating style in real North America has been really molded to support the interests of real major food companies?

Learn what happens to real people in a “Fasted” state? How many actual hours into a fast will it actually take to start really burn
Published (first published 2007)

Amber Tucker
Jan 29, 2011 Amber Tucker rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-come-back-to
Since there are no reviews of this yet, I'll give it the basic breakdown.

The good:
- a very quick read (took me less than two hours)
- does not try to convince you it's the ONLY worthwhile weight loss method in existence
- advocates a healthy *lifestyle*, including exercise, rather than pushing toward any type of diet whatsoever
- aims for flexibility, and achieves it more successfully than any other plan I've tried, read or heard of
- uses common sense, not popular "sense"
- recommends NOT stressing
Lee
Jul 22, 2013 Lee rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Granted, if you're ready to take the give fasting a try, I can save you 40 bucks. How to "do" Eat Stop Eat is to simply not consume calories for a 24 hour period one or twice a week. The purpose of the book is not to explain what to do, but to convince you that it's a good idea. The author seems to be a scientifically-minded person who is a legitimate expert on nutrition and fat loss. He makes a compelling case, based on research evidence, that not only are the commonly held beli ...more
Stefani
May 09, 2013 Stefani rated it it was amazing
Shelves: health
I am sure that any one who knows me would think, "Stefani does not need to be on a diet." They are correct. I don't need to be on a diet. I do fall within my ideal bodyweight. But this "diet book" isn't all about weight loss. The book advocates "flexible intermittent fasting" meaning every 3-5 days, fast for 24-hours from food (drinking water and non-caloric drinks are okay). This can create a calorie deficit and help people lose weight. Done less often, it helps maintain weight. Fasting, Pilon ...more
Nirmal Kartha
Jul 19, 2012 Nirmal Kartha rated it really liked it
Not your usual run-of-the-mill eat your veggies book, I recommend this to any "dieters" who can identify with the agony when a blueberry muffin cake magically springs up in front of you.

I endorse the fasting regime not just because I tried it out (Alertness and weight loss was at an all-time high) but cos it's damn sustainable.
Fares Alahmar
May 24, 2015 Fares Alahmar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Next time someone tells you "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" or "bodybuilders should eat 6-8 small meals a day to gain muscles" or "not eating will crash your metabolism", please feel free to shave this book into his mouth.

Brad Pilon did a great job laying the scientific foundation of intermittent fasting, busting all kindz of myths surrounding this subject and exploiting the massive amount of brainwashing the market is pumping, from turning hunger into a learned response in the
Adriel
May 10, 2014 Adriel rated it it was amazing
A short, yet interesting and very informative read. Pilon busts a lot (and I mean A LOT) of current fitness myths with regards to diet and fat loss. He covers his own background, explaining his extensive education and experience in the nutrition field and the way he talks, he comes across not as someone trying to sell you something or make any sort of profit from a "diet program" or anything, but simply comes across as someone who wants to relay important information about eating and living a he ...more
Joe Marley
This is the first don't-be-fat-plan that I think could actually work for me. It's completely minimalist in its approach and requires very little effort. It's probably not for everyone, but I think it will work well with me being a food junkie.
Zeeshan Khan
Aug 03, 2015 Zeeshan Khan rated it it was amazing
only program which helped me lose 50 pounds for good and introduced me to the world of intermittent fasting which has become part of my life style!
Ricky
Jan 13, 2012 Ricky rated it really liked it
Good book covering intermittent fasting.

If you're more serious about bodybuilding/building muscle, you should check out: leangains.com
Joakim
Oct 25, 2013 Joakim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2013
Pilon talks about Intermittent Fasting diet..essentially this is a calorie restriction diet..unless one is trying to bulk up for bodybuilding, and even in that case fasting results in efficiency in energy metabolism.
Some points he argues-
(view spoiler)
Apsara Leslie
Jun 03, 2012 Apsara Leslie rated it it was amazing
Excellent summary of the physiology of the fasting & fed states. Logical conclusions regarding the way we have been influenced by marketing & the food industry to eschew the fasted state & live in a constant fed state. No special diet....just recommends 1-2 24-hour fasts per week! Hard to argue with the evidence.
Saša
Apr 01, 2015 Saša rated it it was ok
Short book that could be even shorter because there are only few points in the book that are repeated throughout. Formating is also bad.
Kelly
Sep 27, 2016 Kelly rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, ebook
Brad's writing was logical and meshed well with my scientific training. His advice is sound; so far, it's working!
Tamahome
Jun 06, 2012 Tamahome marked it as to-read
Interesting idea, but the ebook is 37 bucks.

Kind of the same idea as this: http://pufasandfructose.blogspot.com/... (eat more discrete meals)
Anaima García
Jan 03, 2017 Anaima García rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good myth-buster regarding stablished nutrition ideas; such as our indoctrinated belief that not eating slows down your metabolism or that we should eat every 3hrs. Explains body processes and benefits of fasting in plain language. However, I would have liked more scientific evidence to back up his findings and claims.
João Bruno
Jun 26, 2016 João Bruno rated it really liked it
Brad's website looks like a giant internet ad. The sort of thing you only really notice if you forgot to install an ad-blocker extension on your browser. Stock photos everywhere, big bellies right next to chiselled abs, giant text headlines with bold claims.
If you get over your carefully nurtured distrust - moulded by years of ignoring those sort of web ads - and get the book you might be in for a big surprise.
It really is a great book. It's written in clear, unpretentious language. Its chapters
Denkerfürst
Jun 17, 2016 Denkerfürst rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Überzeugender Intermittent-Fasting-Ansatz

"EAT STOP EAT" von Brad Pilon stellt zwei Thesen in den Mittelpunkt seiner Ausführungen. Demnach sind folgende Aussagen:
1) Eine Kalorienreduzierung über einen längeren Zeitraum ist der einzig bewiesen ernährungsbedingte Weg, Gewicht zu verlieren.
2) Menschen können ernährungswissentschaftlich gesehen entweder im Fasten- oder im Sättigungszustand sein.
die einzige gesicherten wissenschaftlichen Erkenntnisse bezüglich Ernährung.
Die 2 Modi (fastend oder gesät
Colin Garcia
Sep 10, 2016 Colin Garcia rated it it was amazing
I bought it using the updated discount link below:

I have been following a so-called healthy diet for years - yet most of the foods I was eating were mentioned in this book which really shocked me.

The book explained why I had too much excess around my middle and why I couldn't shift the weight. Now that's all changing for the better too.
Tanya
I only gave this 3 stars instead of more because i found myself skimming through it quite a bit. Part I read, part I listened to on audio. I already knew intermittent fasting was good, but I wanted to know why. While the author does a great job of telling you about all of the studies, I just had a hard time getting into it. I also felt like it was weird in the beginning him knocking all the diet books & gurus who tell you the way to lose weight, yet that's what he's doing in his book. I got ...more
John Fisher
Easy read. I've been trying the ideas from the book for a week now. My copy of the book says it is by Faron Connelly.
Magnus Hansen
May 30, 2015 Magnus Hansen rated it it was amazing
Read this book if you want to know why and how the food industry is lying to you.

"Obesity isn’t created by one specific macronutrient in our diet. In fact, it’s not the diet at all. In my opinion, the number one cause of our obesity epidemic is profit. As long as people profit from us eating, they will always find a way to make us eat. From my experiences, profits are the cause of our weight problems, food is just the tool. Just think if you owned a large food company, wouldn’t you want everyon
Natalie
Jul 28, 2014 Natalie rated it it was ok
Shelves: newly-read-2014
I have nothing against intermittent fasting and practice it myself from time to time, but I just could not get behind this book. The guy is super excited, but as a result, the research felt incomplete (although this is probably more a reflection of the nutrition field).

Also, women, please remember that some women respond differently to intermittent fasting as described here (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/women-... and related links, particularly by Stefani Ruper who notes, "Many women find that
Gohar
Aug 09, 2012 Gohar rated it did not like it
A book covering the topic of intermittent fasting for weight loss. Another impractical way of weight loss of obtaining your ideal body image. 'It works'... of course it will, you are putting 0 calories in and expending energy; this is bound to work. But it is unhealthy and the author clearly demonstrates EXACTLY what is wrong with the health and fitness industry. Short fixes and Fads don't work. You can't fast for the rest of your life to stay in shape. People looking for resourceful info on the ...more
Amy
Jun 01, 2015 Amy rated it really liked it
This is not much of a "how-to" book. It's really more scientific research. This guy really knows his stuff. He has put a lot of work into this and backs it up with a ton of sources. I came to this book though another intermittent fasting book I had found online. I have been using the guidelines I found in the first book (not too different from the ones suggested here) and have had great results. I think I will be switching over to a eating pattern more like the one outlined in this book when I a ...more
Anurag
Nov 13, 2012 Anurag rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fitness
A very good book explaining the health benefits of fasting viz., fat loss and muscle gain. I found this book better than "The Miracle of Fasting" by Paul & Patricia C. Bragg although the later one is a more comprehensive resource on fasting.

The version that I read was very short consisting of only 80 odd pages, moreover the writing is very easy to comprehend and the best part was the information provided in the book, which can be easily adopted by anyone.

If you're interested in fitness and
Roger Rath
Oct 12, 2015 Roger Rath rated it really liked it
Super simple book with one point, to fast for 24 hours (or at least 18 hours). You could probably finish the book in one sitting and the author does make a convincing point. I am trying fasting now and it's pretty difficult when you're home all day. I haven't seen results at this point but I know this author is right about the way to lose weight by fasting because I unintentionally did this when I was Europe. I was pretty skinny and still very healthy. I just need to get to that point again with ...more
Darren Jones
Excellent purchase with very helpful information of a subject that interests me immensely. I am currently studying the effects of peptides and in particular peptides uses for its bodybuilders. This All American Peptides review helped me a lot as they have been in business since 2011 and this book has helped me learn more than I could ever imagine.
Anyway, don't take my word for it, just get a copy for yourself and enjoy!
Marina
Oct 07, 2016 Marina rated it liked it
Shelves: health-diet
Though I value the content of the book and do agree that it gives a quick and simple overview when it comes to fasting and the processes taking place in the body during that time, I would not recommend the book to "beginners". You do need to know about calories, caloric deficit/surplus and general things about nutrition. But for someone who has read a lot about health and fitness, this book is a great addition! And most importantly, it contains great information on fasting.
Dan
Apr 23, 2013 Dan rated it liked it
This hardly counts as a book, it's more like a white paper and takes less than an hour to read. I didn't know much about the Intermittent Fasting fad^H^H^H movement and this served as a good of an introduction as any, I suppose. His primary focus was on weight/fat loss which isn't of much interest to me but I do think it is interesting to think about how our metabolic processes are victims of our consumerist culture.
Ragland Navamani
Jan 14, 2015 Ragland Navamani rated it liked it
Awesome post man. Special thanks to Brad Pilon. you have mention eat less calories than you burn yes i completely a agree with you and you strongly oppose health supplement. But my point is not all supplements have negative effect on body. I am taking tara nutricare biogain whey for more than 8 months. I don't have any side effect and i can see changes.
I liked this 1 1 Sep 14, 2016 10:39AM
Eat Stop Eat Review PDF EBook Book Free Download 1 5 Sep 14, 2016 10:33AM
Has anyone lost weight doing this? 4 67 Feb 14, 2016 06:13AM
  • The Ketogenic Diet: A Complete Guide for the Dieter & the Practitioner
  • The Warrior Diet
  • The Smarter Science of Slim: What the Actual Experts Have Proven about Weight Loss, Health, and Fitness
  • Body by Science: A Research-Based Program for Strength Training, Body Building, and Complete Fitness in 12 Minutes a Week
  • The Carb Nite Solution
  • The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance
  • Cholesterol Clarity: What The HDL Is Wrong With My Numbers?
  • Perfect Health Diet: Regain Health and Lose Weight by Eating the Way You Were Meant to Eat
  • The Naked Warrior: Master the Secrets of the Super-Strong - Using Bodyweight Exercises Only
  • Convict Conditioning 2: Advanced Prison Training Tactics for Muscle Gain, Fat Loss, and Bulletproof Joints
  • Beyond Brawn: The Insider's Encyclopedia on How to Build Muscle and Might
  • The Hacker's Diet: How to Lose Weight and Hair Through Stress and Poor Nutrition
  • Primal Body, Primal Mind: Beyond the Paleo Diet for Total Health and a Longer Life
  • Food Rules: A Doctor's Guide to Healthy Eating
  • The Paleo Manifesto: Ancient Wisdom for Lifelong Health
  • The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram Your Genes for Effortless Weight Loss, Vibrant Health, and Boundless Energy
  • Challenging Beliefs: Memoirs of a Career
  • The Great Cholesterol Con: The Truth About What Really Causes Heart Disease and How to Avoid It