Start by marking “Bunny Drop, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Bunny Drop, Vol. 2

Bunny Drop, Vol. 2

(Bunny Drop #2)

Like a plot out of a soap opera, bachelor Daikichi Kawachi's boringly normal life got a touch of the abnormal when he learned that his late granddad left behind a love child. And further rattling the unexpected skeleton in the closet? The ungainly, unglamorous Daikichi's impulsive decision to take in little Rin! But as the impromptu dad and his charge learn to adapt to ...more
Published September 28th 2010 by Yen Press (first published February 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Bunny Drop, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bunny Drop, Vol. 2

Start your review of Bunny Drop, Vol. 2
James DeSantis
Mar 22, 2018 rated it liked it
There's parts of this series I LOVE and other parts that I just...find boring.

So this chapter we get Rin into being more comfortable about people, especially family. She's also going into first grade. She's a big girl now so she has to be "cool" which means a lot in that age group! Also Daikichi is trying his best to balance it all but he decides to find out who Rin's mother is and well...things go in a interesting turn.

Good: I love all the stuff to do with Daikichi and Rin. It's cute,
Donald Trump (Parody)
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This Daikichi's grandaddy got more tail than a fuckin' rancher. Its a real shame poor Dai has to deal with the sins of that guys past, but that kid sure is charming, way better than my lame kid Barron who cant even HIGH FIVE MY FUCKIN WIFE ON THE GREATEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! I get really steamed whenever I look at him, I just think, you had ONE FUCKIN JOB! How hard can it be to high five your own mom? The kid acts like he didn't learn nothing all those years shacked up in my beautiful trump hotel. ...more
Ashley
Apr 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Still - not quite sure how this series going to pan out - I of course got them all - but it jumps at odd paces and I don't quite get some of the transitions - it's still cute and so true to life at some points it's crazy but still.. perhaps a better transitioning
Miss Ryoko
Nov 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: library-book, manga
I don't know what it is about this series, but it actually makes me, someone who has zero desire whatsoever, kind of want to have kids. I'm certainly not going to! And if I ever did, I would never have any of my own children. I outright refuse. I'd rather adopt, and I'd rather adopt an older child. So this series just sort of solidifies my belief in the importance of that and kinda makes me want to do it.... kinda. Ha!

I actually was a little bit sad when (view spoiler)
Sara
Jun 12, 2015 rated it really liked it
While this series seems like it should be boring and/or goofy, it's... not. Daikichi is especially appealing for some unspecific reason, and Rin never comes across as one of those unbelievable, too-cute kid characters.

Also, a fascinating look into Japanese workplace culture.
Miri
Oct 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: female-authors, manga
If I was looking for something to make me feel like a complete sap, this was the right choice. The relationship developing between these two is so sweet.
Sheena Carroll
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nadina
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
This series is adorable and fun. The characters are great and I love that they are growing over the course of the story.
Three plot of this volume was good and I do like they aren't spending too much time focusing on little everyday problems. It is well paced.
I'm looking forward to the next volume.
Claire
Jul 01, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2017, manga
This is a really adorable series. We meet the mother in this volume... and I'm not impressed with her. I'm sure we will get more information about her as we go along but I am preparing to not like her. Rin is so cute!
Lavonia Reid
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, 2017, josei
I am not sure who is raising who anymore but I love it.
Child960801
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the series. Rin gets ready for grade 1 and Daikichi meets her mother for the first time. I really like these books and look forward to the next.
Karrie Stewart
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is such a sweet manga with a little drama thrown in.
Raven DeLajour
May 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
I adore this series! I can't get enough of it. Beautiful storytelling and engaging, real characters. <3
Arminzerella
Amy Keeley
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This volume flows really well from #1. Rin continues to come out of her shell, growing more confident and happier. She's absolutely adorable, especially as she begins to form a relationship with the same family members who refused to take her in at the funeral.

Daikichi is the one who really shines in this volume, though. He's becoming more and more comfortable with Rin, and has begun to really consider her a part of his life. However, in this volume, he also realizes that her mother needs to be
Nicole
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, family_drama, josei
I love this series. It's about family. And generations. And looking back over your life to understand the impact of your own actions on others.

The relationship that Daikichi has developed with young Rin is so sweet - full of respect and tenderness and genuine love. And the more he matures as Rin's guardian, the more he sees his own family/parents in a new light (e.g., the struggles they had, the sacrifices they made). In volume 2, I love how Daikichi has found a sort of comrade in arms with the
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
quinnster
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love Daikichi and Rin more and more with every page turn. Rin is just so cute and even though she can be painfully shy, with Daikichi is isn't afraid to speak up and let him know what she thinks. It's obvious that she loved Daikichi and he in turn loves her.

Daikichi is working so hard to do his best and leaving behind all the 'fun adult stuff' he used to do, making him feel like an old man. But slowly (albeit, painfully slowly) he seems to be cultivating something with Kouki's mom!

We do get to
Will
Sep 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book had me on the edge of tears. It's not a complicated book -- in some ways it's very simple. The strength of the book comes from its simplicity. Daikichi is charmingly awkward and self conscious about his role as a parent, and the book shows a world you typically don't see in fiction.

Bunny Drop is explicit about how much sacrifice and missed opportunities can come from raising a child. It also frames the world in terms of Daikichi's thoughts and feelings about his new charge, and even
Wing Kee
Sep 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Review after completion of series, volume notes to follow:

1) Rin is slowly developing as a character and it's fun to see it.
2) Slow pace is actually growing on me as this is a slice of life manga and the point is...well looking at life.
3) The stuff about the mother is a bit annoying but I imagine that I'm reacting the same way the author has intended.
4) Art continues to be simple and light but conveys a lot of emotion through good character design
5) Last name section highlights difference in
S. J.
Aug 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Manga lovers, mostly females, people interested in manga, fans of real life manga
Recommended to S. by: Library; Series
My Review of Bunny Drop #1

Rin and Daikichi's story continues as they prepare for Rin to enter elementary school, she meets a new friend, and Daikichi continues to learn how to care for a small human person. The mystery of Rin's mother is also solved but the encounter is less then satisfactory.

The drawing and the overall aspects of the story remain the same and I discuss them more in depth in the review above.

If you enjoyed the first volume (and if you give it chance I think you will), this
Hillary
Nov 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
Continuing the simple yet wonderful story of 30-yr-old Daikichi who decides to take in his deceased grandfather's 6-yr-old daughter, Rin.
I really enjoy the realism of the story. Daikichi isn't perfect but he isn't stupid either. He knows it will be a huge change but he does his best. The everyday trials he goes through such as finding a daycare center and changing his job so he can spend more time at home for Rin is done so matter-of-factly you almost miss the heartwarming warmth. Almost. In
Estara
Nov 23, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, read-in-2010
The second volume of this story is even stronger, because the interaction between guardian Daikichi and six-year-old Rin has more time to shine. While Daikichi may be too good to be true in the real world - with his steadfast determination to be the parent for Rin and giving up his old career, which set standards for his department - it is believably complex in the interaction between him, Rin, his parents and especially the finally discovered mother.

I love the way the mangaka makes Rin a real
Monique
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Daikichi finally makes some discoveries about Rin's absent mother. But if he was hoping Masako had good reasons to disappear from Rin's life or that she would want Rin back, he is soon set straight.

This volume sees Daikichi really settling into the role of 'dad' to Rin. It's heartwarming, seeing him grow and mature as an adult.

Another wonderful volume. I'm still very pleased with this series.
Lara
May 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
In this volume, Daikichi begins to learn a little more about who Rin's mother is and tries to figure out what's best for her; in the meantime he's also learning more about Rin herself and is having to figure out how to talk to her about some things that are hard. Daikichi also reluctantly takes Rin to visit his family and finds that she even manages to win them over! Still cute, still sweet. On to volume 3...
Miss Susan
May 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't really have anything new to say about this volume? Still enjoying watching Daikichi and Rin's relationship build and Daikichi progressing through Parenting: the Joy and Challenges of. I'm very fond of Rin, precocious sweetheart that she is. Favourite moments were Daikichi's conversation with his dad about the sacrifices his mother made to raise him and the ponytail scene with Rin and Daikichi. 4 stars
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
What a fun series! I love Daikichi and his determination to raise Rin by himself. This is a quiet series, with emphasis on character development. It is fun to watch as Daikichi is forced to grow up and provide an emotionally stable home for Rin. It's even more gratifying to see him want to raise her because he has come to care for her like a daughter. Great series!
Brian
Oct 13, 2015 rated it really liked it
The second chapter of this Manga features our reluctant father having to deal with his daughter's first days at school, including the registration. There is also a bit of a mystery as he dives into Rin's mother and her identity. Why did she give her up? This book kept me drawn in, and I've officially taken out the entire series from the library, so expect a lot more of these books!
Shawna (BacchusVines)
**3.5**

ENTER THE MAMA!

Oh, the many ups and weird turns in this volume! Rin's past us sorta revealed! Grandpa isn't the father, or at least it wasn't stated. And Rin's mother! So young! And so immature. And Rin starts grade school and Daikichi does her hair. I love this volume simply for the bounding experiences and really wish I had the entire series!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Yotsuba&!, Vol. 1 (Yotsuba&! #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 2 (Yotsuba&! #2)
  • アオハライド 3 (Ao Haru Ride, #3)
  • Suki-tte Ii na yo, Volume 1
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 1
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • アオハライド 2 (Ao Haru Ride, #2)
  • Maid-sama! Vol. 02 (Maid-sama! #2)
  • 黒執事 XVIII [Kuroshitsuji XVIII]
  • アオハライド 4 (Ao Haru Ride, #4)
  • アオハライド 5 (Ao Haru Ride, #5)
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 4
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 3 (Boys Over Flowers, #3)
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 4 (A Bride's Story, #4)
  • Boys Over Flowers: Hana Yori Dango, Vol. 4 (Boys Over Flowers, #4)
  • 古見さんは、コミュ症です。volume 1 (Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu., #1)
  • Black Bird, Vol. 2
Japanese Name (宇仁田ゆみ)

Yumi Unita was born in Mie Prefecture on May 10th, 1972. In 1998, she debuted with "VOICE" in Hakusensha's Young Animal. Since then, she has worked in many genres, having her works featured in seinen, josei, and shounen magazines.

Bunny Drop (10 books)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 1
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 3
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 4
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 5
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 6
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 7
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 8
  • うさぎドロップ 9 (Bunny Drop, #9)
  • うさぎドロップ 10 番外編 (Bunny Drop, #10)