Start by marking “Snowfall At Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #4)” as Want to Read:
Snowfall At Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #4)

Snowfall At Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles #4)

4.07  ·  Rating Details ·  5,018 Ratings  ·  237 Reviews
Can a single moment change your entire life?

International lawyer Sophie Bellamy has dedicated her life to helping people in war-torn countries. But when she survives a hostage situation, she remembers what matters most—the children she loves back home. Haunted by regrets, she returns to the idyllic Catskills village of Avalon on the shores of Willow Lake, determined to rep
Mass Market Paperback, 432 pages
Published February 1st 2010 by Mira (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Snowfall At Willow Lake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snowfall At Willow Lake

Carol Brill
Sophie Bellamy is a divorced, human rights lawyer working in Holland. She has sacrificed a great deal for this life, including living apart from her children. After surviving a terrorist attach, she rethinks her life and returns to the small Catskills village in New York to be near her children. Her first night there, she meets Noah Shepard, the charming, younger-then-she-is country vet. What unfolds is a sweet, light, mostly predictable read about her relationships with Noah and her children.
Anastasia
Jun 16, 2017 Anastasia rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Η ιστορία γενικά κινείται σε πολύ ρεαλιστικές καταστάσεις και πλαίσια, κι αυτό ήταν κάτι που εκτίμησα βαθύτατα. Ωστόσο, αισθάνθηκα ότι δεν υπήρχε δράση, δεν υπήρχε εξέλιξη στην πλοκή. Οι ίδιες σκέψεις και τα ίδια γεγονότα νομίζω πως ανακυκλώνονταν με αποτέλεσμα να αναρωτιέμαι γιατί το διαβάζω και με την κρυφή επιθυμία να τελειώσει όσο πιο σύντομα γίνεται. Πολύ μελάνι και χαρτί σπατάλησε άσκοπα.
Βέβαια, το τελευταίο κεφάλαιο με άγγιξε τόσο, μα τόσο πολύ, ώστε να δακρύζω ανεξέλεγκτα από συγκίνηση.
Kara Hansen
As with the other books in this series, an cozy and sweet read. I do enjoy how Wiggs brings us readers a story on a new character while intertwining it with past characters and plots.
In this story, we follow Sophie Bellamy~ mom to Daisy and Max, ex-wife of Greg Bellamy. Without giving too much away, Sophie returns to Avalon with the intention of starting her life anew and making up for her lack of time and mothering with her children. Of course there is a love interest and conflict and troubles
Jonel Boyko
This is one of those novels that leaves you with a warm, squishy feeling inside at the end of the tale. Wiggs had me in tears more than once with this emotionally poignant tale. I love how Wiggs jumps back and forth in time, seamlessly forwarding the story and filling in the blanks. It was an intimate and intricately crafted novel that drew me in to the deepest aspects of the characters’ lives. The international implications of this novel were astounding. I love how Wiggs tied Avalon to the worl ...more
Patricia
I am so glad Susan Wiggs told us Sophie Bellamy's story. In the other books, Sophie was not a very sympathetic character, but with this story you get to see things from her viewpoint and you begin to understand why she did some of the things she did. I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to go back to Willow Lake.
Carol Stanley-Snow
I am such a fan of Susan Wiggs. This part of the chronicles follows Sophie to the Hauge and back to the U.S. Simple? Not at all!! Kidnapped, plunged into ice cold water, traumatized...the good thing to come out of the horrible situation...her resolve to be with her family.

A nice read.
Elizabeth
Jan 01, 2016 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
My favorite so far! I loved this story.
Mery
Jan 01, 2012 Mery rated it liked it
Shelves: w, translating-works
Sophie Bellamy memiliki karir gemilang di ICC. Dia berhasil memenangi kasus kejahatan perang di tanah Afrika. Dia berhasil menggulingkan para diktator bengis dunia. Dia telah menyelamatkan hidup orang banyak. Tetapi pencapaiannya membutuhkan harga yang sangat berat untuk dibayarkan.

Anak-anaknya.

Sejak anak pertamanya lahir, Sophie selalu mementingkan karir. Dia tinggal satu samudera jauhnya dari keluarganya. Dia bekerja lebih dari 16 jam sehari. Hingga pernikahannya sendiri pun tak dapat diselama
Kath
Feb 26, 2010 Kath rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read Just Breathe but the same author and thought it was okay, but decided to try another by this author as I found it at a library sale. So glad that I did. This is book 4 in the series and I read it first knowing that there were 3 prior to this one. I have to say that this book stands very well on its own.

Sophie Bellamy is somewhat recently divorced from Greg Bellamy and he's newly married (their romance was book 2 or 3 of this series). I was so glad that I didn't read the previous installm
Kathryn
May 15, 2012 Kathryn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think I would care for this as much as I have the other books in the series. This one centered around Sophie who was Daisy and Max's mother. She is also Greg's ex wife. She was written as the type of mother more wrapped up in herself and her own dreams than in her family. Her marriage fell apart and she didn't put up any fight when the kids chose to live with dad full time. She just accepted it. Rather than being a parent she was always more of a decorative piece in their lives always o ...more
Darcy
Dec 23, 2010 Darcy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010, romance
I was a little surprised by the main character of this book, Sophie. In past books Sophie has come across as cold, detached, and dare I say it, yes I will a bitch. She put her needs ahead of everyone else's, even her kids. So I didn't really expect to enjoy this book as much as I did.

Sophie is the kind of woman that has been trapped by her over achieving parents, you know the ones that push, push, and keep pushing their kids. It is only after a catastrophic life or death event that she realizes
Cari
This is my favorite of the Lakeshore Chronicles so far, which surprised me because I was prepared to dislike Sophie Bellamy after becoming acquainted with her in the other Lakeshore novels. However, the book sucked me in immediately with its intense opening events including a terrorist attack at the ICC in Europe. I was drawn to Sophie's complex character - she is such a strong but vulnerable, perfectly-flawed woman, and I found myself fully invested in her success. Then there's Noah, the best m ...more
Stacy
Dec 04, 2009 Stacy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my second favorite of the series. I loved the fact that she was so wary about falling for someone so much younger than her.

After two years of grueling work for the International Criminal Court in The Hague, an international terrorist incident prompts divorced lawyer Sophie Bellamy to recognize that her work is meaningless without her two children—Max, 12, and Daisy, 19—who are living with their remarried father. On the snowy night Sophie returns to Avalon, N.Y., she meets the handsome b
Rossy
Sep 01, 2009 Rossy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: cont. romance fans/ feisty heroine fans
Recommended to Rossy by: series continuation
I liked this part of the series a lot more than i thought i would. From previous books i didn't think Sophie and Noah matched each other, but while reading the book i understood why their personalities complimented each other. Noah was the perfect partner for Sophie's new beginning and if it was not for the age hang ups she had i would have enjoyed the book a lot more. Well that and how the ending was wrapped up, i just don't like the whole separation for them to finally get a clue.

The funny th
Sandy
Apr 25, 2010 Sandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bought the Lakeshore Chronicle series after enjoying the first book. This is definitely my favorite of the series so far. Predictable, but I liked the story. Fun "beach" read.
I am living in Africa and found it interesting that the main character is working to help conditions in a place called Umoja in Africa. I wish the author would have given more backgound information on Umoja and its struggles. I looked it up in the internet and found this interesting article... http://www.washingtonpost.co
Sheri
Oct 09, 2013 Sheri rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Susan Wiggs books I've read. Not sure why I haven't read more of them. I'm correcting that, and reading this series. Accidentally read #4 out of order, but now I'm going back for #2.

Great characters and great story. Sophie had a lot of backstory for the first part of the book, but I suppose one can't really understand her and her motivation without it. She almost fell into a HEA in spite of herself!
BJ Rose
Sep 25, 2013 BJ Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kudos to Susan Wiggs for making this reader actually sympathize with some of Sophie's choices and actions - I say some because, as a mother, I can't accept her hands off/emotionless mothering prior to her epiphany ((view spoiler).

This is a very weak 4*, but the author kept me reading and involved, so it deserves more than 3*.
Rhonda Rae Baker
OMGoodness, this was the absolute best! I'm so hooked on these characters and they feel a part of my life. I loved getting to know Sophie and Noah...their relationship brought out so many memories for me...their hearts, their lives, their struggles...WOW

I can't wait to tear into the next novel in The Lakeshore Chronicles...thank you SO much Susan, you are awesome!
Jaime Atkins
Jan 24, 2010 Jaime Atkins rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2010
This was one of my favorite stories in this series. Noah is now one of my favorite men in the series. I hope to see much more of them in the future. I would like to see Greg and Sophie finally deal with the past and acknowledge that they didn't have a forever love, but now each of them does. They have to leave the past behind so they can all enjoy the future.
Dianne
I did not like the first few chapters that set the story up it got a little better. What I am finding with this series is I don't really like the main characters in the story I like hearing about the old characters and what they are doing instead.
Debra
Mar 19, 2008 Debra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The fourth in the Lakeshore Chronicles features Sophie, Greg's ex-wife and Daisy's mother. One of the things that I really like about this series is looking at events from differing points of view. Since nothing is black and white, the characters come to life more realistically.

Dee
Two-haiku review:

Terrorists' hostage
She changed life, returned to kids
Fell for younger man

She redeems herself
Family love trumps career
Ending is perfect
Cheer Papworth
Mar 28, 2008 Cheer Papworth rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Nice story about starting over and second chances.
Shirlene
Sophie Bellamy was a lawyer for the International Criminal Court. She had just finished a case where she had disposed an African dictator who used slave labor to work in the Blood diamond trade. They had restored leadership back to the local government but the leaders were still at large. At a banquet to award her, she was kidnapped and some of the African tribal leaders were killed. They took her into a van and she grabbed the steering wheel which forced the car into a lake. She was a competiti ...more
Sulis Peri Hutan
Seri keempat dari Lakeshore Chronicles, kali ini bercerita tentang Sophie Ballamy, mantan istri dari Greg Bellamy (baca Dockside). Diceritakan sebelumnya kalau pernikahan Sophie dan Greg tidak bertahan lama, Sophie mengandung Daisy kala ia masih di college dan setelah itu baru menikah. Greg adalah arsitek terkenal sedangkan Sophie adalah pengacara internasional, lebih tepatnya asisten deputi pengacara untuk Mahkamah Kriminal Internasional di Den Haag, Belanda. Kesibukan masing-masing akan pekerj ...more
Debbie
Mar 25, 2017 Debbie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Starting at the End

Picked up this book because it was available immediately on the digital library by an author I have enjoyed. After I got it, I realized it was the fourth book in a series. Thinking I would never enjoy it since I did not know the characters, I was pleasantly surprise. Wiggs did a good job of character development. In fact, I am not sure who, in this story, are people who might have been in the first three books.

This story was different in that it has an international flavor....
Peggy Draper
May 21, 2017 Peggy Draper rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Changing my mind (in a good way)

I was not thrilled about a book in the series regarding Sophie Bellamy. She left her family and was a self absorbed woman without feeling. I was so wrong and surprised and thrilled to learn not only about her story but the way she looked at life at the beginning and end of the book.
Elisha (lishie)
I have to admit, even loving Susan Wiggs' books, seeing this one was about Sophie Bellamy gave me pause. Nothing previously lent to liking Sophie. But this book is a combo of the movies Baby Boom & Doc Holliday. And that's a good mix.
Ruth
Jun 29, 2017 Ruth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After almost dying in a terrorist attack at the Hague, Sophie Bellamy, an international law attorney, returns to her ex's small hometown to reunite with her children and young grandchild and start a new life. Little did she know she's soon be falling in love both with a local guy.
Colleen Formichelli
Sophie's story

The saga continues with Sophie and Noah. You catch up with the lives of familiar people and meet some new ones. I enjoyed reading this and the whole collection. I think it is best to read them in order but it can stand alone.
Career vs Family? 1 2 Apr 25, 2014 05:22AM
  • Welcome to Serenity (The Sweet Magnolias #4)
  • Somewhere Along The Way (Harmony #2)
  • Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8)
Susan Wiggs's life is all about family, friends...and fiction. She lives at the water's edge on an island in Puget Sound, and she commutes to her writers' group in a 17-foot motorboat. She serves as author liaison for Field's End, a literary community on Bainbridge Island, Washington, bringing inspiration and instruction from the world's top authors to her seaside community. (See www.fieldsend.org ...more
More about Susan Wiggs...

Lakeshore Chronicles (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Summer at Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #1)
  • The Winter Lodge (Lakeshore Chronicles #2)
  • Dockside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #3)
  • Fireside (Lakeshore Chronicles, #5)
  • Lakeshore Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #6)
  • The Summer Hideaway (Lakeshore Chronicles, #7)
  • Marrying Daisy Bellamy (Lakeshore Chronicles #8)
  • Return to Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles #9)
  • Candlelight Christmas (Lakeshore Chronicles, #10)
  • Starlight on Willow Lake (Lakeshore Chronicles, #11)