Start by marking “Shadowscapes Tarot” as Want to Read:
Shadowscapes Tarot

Shadowscapes Tarot

Surrender to the fantastical world of your deepest dreams . . . where butterflies float upon shifting mists set aglow by the rising sun. A place where twisting branches arc across shimmering skies, willowy fairies dance on air, and tree spirits sing from a hallowed oak. Delve into the shadows of your dreams--and awaken to truth.

Weaving together Asian, Celtic, and fantasy

Tarot Deck & Book, 253 pages
Published May 6th 2010 by Llewellyn Publications,U.S.

To ask other readers questions about Shadowscapes Tarot, please sign up.
Cid Chez edt is bit larger with golden gilded edges but hard to find; https://www.bookdepository.com/Tarot-...
there is also android app in google…more
there is also android app in google playstore; https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
it let you preview & enlarge all cards to see all details!:) + there is accompanied book & spreads you can use!:) I like & recommend!^^;)(less)
Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel PollackThe Complete Guide to the Tarot by Eden GrayHolistic Tarot by Benebell WenSeventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom by Rachel PollackThe Book of Thoth by Aleister Crowley
Top Tarot Titles
26 books — 25 voters
Rider-Waite Tarot by Pamela Colman SmithDeviant Moon Tarot Cards by Patrick ValenzaShadowscapes Tarot [With Booklet] by Stephanie Pui-Mun LawThoth Tarot Deck with Other and Booklet by Aleister CrowleyOsho Zen Tarot by Osho
Tarot Decks
242 books — 55 voters

More lists with this book...

Bark (Has Atrocious Taste)
Jun 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is one of the most gorgeous tarot decks I've seen. And it's MINE! I can hardly believe it's here. Sadly, Llewellyn could have done a better job. The artwork is so incredibly detailed and the cards are a wee bit too small to do the artist justice. I'll have to wear my glasses while reading this deck or keep this accompanying book nearby. Fortunately the book devotes a full page to the artwork that is larger than the cards but alas the artwork is in black and white print.

Here's a small taste
Nico
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-age
the cards are beautiful but the book is pretentious
Jenna ~Don't Talk To Me When I'm Reading~
I LOVE this deck!! The artwork is absolutely stunning and I could wax poetic about it endlessly. I picked this deck off of a small out-of-the-way shelf without really looking at it very closely, and I fell in love on the first card. Personally I really connect with it, and it works very well for me. The mix of celtic influence and fantasy is brilliant, and the Rider-Waite foundation makes it easily relatable to traditional Tarot interpretations and technique. As someone with small hands, I actua ...more
Meghan
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paganism
This deck is one of my favourites. The artwork is breathtaking and I love the interpretations that are given with them. There is something uplifting and positive about each card meaning, and I find they resonate with me more than almost any other deck that I've used. Stephanie's art is so intricate and detailed that you can look at a card over and over and still see something new. Even if I didn't enjoy tarot, I would probably own this deck just so that I could enjoy the beautiful artwork.
Charlene
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is my absolutely favorite tarot deck and has been my "working deck" for 10 years now. The artwork is beyond beautiful and inspirational. I absolutely love Stephanie Pui-Mun Law's art style and the way that she weaves spiritual and mythological elements into each and every card. Each card tells a story in vignette that really helps to remember and inspire card interpretations, making the card fantastic for experienced readers, novices, and querants alike. In addition, the illustrations are a ...more
Mary
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, my-library
This tarot deck is the most beautiful one I have ever seen; the artwork is detailed and nuanced and completely takes me into the imagination. I love it and can't say enough good things. Take a look at the cards on Stephanie Pui-Mun Law's website, and you'll see what I mean. Some personal favorites from the deck are: Three of Wands, The Magician, Death, King of Swords, The Hanged Man, Eight of Swords, Page of Swords, Five of Pentacles, and The Fool. Okay, so, that list could continue. I just want ...more
Silas
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love everything about this set - the cards are beautifully painted and fully of meaning, the stories and descriptions behind the major arcana are excellent, and the minor arcana too are written about in a fresh way. This is a wonderful book to go with my favourite deck.
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is hands down, my favorite deck to work with. It's imagery is beautiful and it's symbolism easy to read!
Cid
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful Art! Wish there is larger borderless edt!:) also available as android app that let you see all card details! I enjoy & recommend both!^^
Quân Kim
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It is great, especially for a newbie in Tarot like me.
Siren
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The most beautiful tarot cards I have ever owned. Worth every penny.
Fati
Mar 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
nice
Nadia
Nov 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Im sooo into Shadowscapes Tarot. Its wonderful. Full of magic and sweetness. Sometimes i get lost in the cards for hours. The book is very nice with the black and white full page images, which give you the oportunity to dive deeper into the cards. However, the writen part is not what i had expected. The magical stories are very enjoyable but i wish i could get more insight about the meaning of the card, sometimes i have to pick another book to learn properly about the card meaning. ...more
Shannan
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In general, I feel there are few ways to objectively judge a Tarot deck because it's up to what you find aesthetically appealing and what calls to your purpose in using Tarot cards to begin with. Much like with any work of art, yes of course there can be something of a basic rubric on grading them, but even that can be thrown out the window. So while I'm reviewing this, I can't say that my review is objective.

This is the only Tarot deck I own, and probably will by my only deck ever. It's so beau
Junji Takeda
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was ok
The book itself is a good basic guidebook to someone who's just starting to read the tarot. For someone who already know more than the basics, it's not the best option to go deeply in the topic. However, if you are interested to know more about the symbolism of the pictures, the book is for you. The only criticism I have, and that contributed for my rating, is the way the artist describe the symbols and the elements of the pictures doesn't catch the reader's attention. I felt lost countless time ...more
Carolyn
Jan 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I haven't read tarot with this deck and am mainly focussing on the accompanying book. I think the book is beautiful to read, giving insight into how the artist has composed her pictures. I'm not sure that it would be enough to give a good insight of the card meanings to a novice, but as someone who already has a good grip on the traditional meanings it is extremely pleasurable to delve into the artist's mind and look at the cards in that way.

Unfortunately my copy of the book was missing a few wo
Emily
Oct 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was a lovely companion to the cards. I love how much nature and animals are incorporated into this tarot and how the guide acts as much as a story book as a guide to learning this tarot. I tend to remember storiea more than instructions and of all the decks I've worked with the Shadowscapes Tarot is the one I've had the strongest connection and the moat success with and I think it's because the artist put ao much thought into the cards and the crafting of the story behind each one. It gives ...more
Jenn
Jan 12, 2011 added it
Love the nature imagery, but some of the incredible detail is lost because the cards are small.
Not a tarot for beginners, as the book is written primarily by the artist and she waxes long on evocative flourishes with very little insight on how she means the Minor Arcana images to be interpreted. I found myself turning to other books when actually doing readings, which is disappointing because she did just fine with the Major Arcana.
Laurelle
Apr 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
I've loved Stephanie's art since I first discovered her illustrations on 'The Charmed Sphere' by Catherine Asaro, she's extremely talented. The reason for the low score is that the cards & illustrations are way too tiny, and I have perfect vision. Stephanie's magic is in the details and sadly the size & quality of the images is just so disappointing.
Amy
Feb 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, tarot
Loved the large B+W print of the cards it was describing the minor arcana and the general descriptions of the cards mean did leave a lot to be desired.

The cards themselves are GORGEOUS. This is one of my favorites in my collection.

Anyone seriously interested in tarot if this is your 1st deck, pick up another more in depth book.
Mandy
Dec 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am an avid collector of divination cards and these are beautifully executed. It is worth checking out Stephanie Pui Mun Law's website. Her artwork is amazing. If you like pretty cards in a fantasy watercolour style then these are the cards for you. Highly recommended.
Heather
May 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: divination
Beautiful pictures & cards, couldn't ask for a more detailed beautiful deck. Explanations are a little challenging as I find I use other basic deck explanations more useful.
C.J. Prince
May 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
i love this deck and book. the artwork is magical. the readings, inspiring. put this on your must-have list!
DDog
This tarot deck is gorgeous and one of the finest I have had the privilege of working with.
Ha
Jun 28, 2011 rated it really liked it
A beautiful, beautiful deck.
Wrayne
Jun 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is a very beautiful deck with soft colors and artwork that draws you in.
Denise Dufresne
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Have this deck and book- love them!
Seahawkin
  • Tarot and Astrology: Enhance Your Readings with the Wisdom of the Zodiac
  • The Mythic Tarot
  • Easy Tarot Handbook
  • Learning the Tarot: A Tarot Book for Beginners
  • Witches Tarot (includes 78-card Deck and Companion Book)
  • Charted Knitting Designs: A Third Treasury of Knitting Patterns
  • Around the Tarot in 78 Days: A Personal Journey Through the Cards
  • Tarot 101: Mastering the Art of Reading the Cards
  • Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards
  • Holistic Tarot: An Integrative Approach to Using Tarot for Personal Growth
  • Sacred Kink
  • Tarot Plain and Simple
Stephanie Pui-Mun Law has been painting fantastic otherworlds from early childhood, though her art career did not begin until 1998 when she graduated from a program of Computer Science. After three years of programming for a software company by day and rushing home to paint into the midnight hours, she left the world of typed logic and numbers, for painted worlds of dreams and the fae.

Her illustra