Start by marking “The Motivated Mind: How to Get What You Want from Life” as Want to Read:
The Motivated Mind: How to Get What You Want from Life

The Motivated Mind: How to Get What You Want from Life

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  48 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
- Do you make New Year resolutions? Almost everyone does, because we want to achieve positive personal change. But did you know that most resolutions are repeated five years in a row, and that the vast majority are broken by June.
- Have you ever dieted? Yet if diets work, why do we need so many, and new ones all the time? The evidence shows that we persist in buying diet b
Published 2006 by Bantam (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Motivated Mind, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Motivated Mind

Susan
Jan 11, 2018 rated it liked it
This book came and went on the good/ bad scale. There was heaps that was very interesting. But heaps that wasn’t.
Throughout the book you felt as if Persaud repeated himself. I think the book was just written like an essay with the whole statement explain example thing going on. Often though because of how obviously intellectual Persaud is you needed the repetition just so you understood what he meant clearly.
I would say this book has so many ideas in it. So many details of experiments, theorie
Brian Sullivan
Jul 30, 2017 rated it liked it
interesting data but i just couldnt get into this book. Totally uninspiring.
Si Barron
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: informative, science
After trudging through a third of Dr Raj Persaud’s book The Motivated Mind I realised how utterly unmotivated I was to finish it.

There are some good elements to it, some interesting information; the latest psychological research etc but unfortunately it’s buried in the mountains of turgid text concerning this or that experiment or such and such research paper. The book is just too long at 500 pages. This includes 68 pages of references (as an indication of just how much he references scientific
Ymazing
Sep 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The book is like meeting a performance coach face to face.
it has Quizes in each chapter to test your motivations /controlling nature/ manipulativeness/competitiveness etx
Then instant results with their " bang on" analysis is a good solution provider.
U can pick any chapter and start reading. Each chapter is independent and the book doesn't bore u with long drawn narratives.
I particularly like the author's take on procrastination, success and on the dangers of advance gratification.
Practical wi
Sean
Dec 23, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anything is possible - depending on what you will risk
Chris Houlden