Start by marking “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Fool's Gold” as Want to Read:
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Fool's Gold

Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Fool's Gold

(Star Trek Graphic Novels)

Captain Sisko and the crew of Deep Space Nine make their triumphant return to comics When the station begins to be overrun by thieves, treasure-seekers, bounty-hunters, and other assorted ne'er-do-wells, Major Kira and Constable Odo must find out why. Can they get to the bottom of it before the station's new visitors bring things to a boiling point?
Published July 2010 by IDW Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Star Trek, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Trek

Start your review of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine - Fool's Gold
Ill D
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People on the toilet who need something to read
With art as mediocre as the story that underlays it, my first venture into the comic series for Deep Space Nine has left me somewhat disappointed.

David Rhodes
Jun 18, 2013 rated it did not like it
Nothing happens.... It's like the author had decided on a story and then decided to stop it before the end of the first chapter.
Dave
Dec 27, 2010 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this. It takes place "Pre-Worf". It was neat to re-visit Deep Space Nine. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the show. It's a quick read, that catches the feel of the show.
The art is well done too. (Major Kira never looked so good. :) ) Star Trek fans will enjoy this.
Benjamin Barnes
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love DS9

This book brought justice to Star trek. Definitely recommend, the Art was very vibrant. The Storyline was fun ! Enjoy
Mikael Kuoppala
Apr 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Set between seasons three and four of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, “Fool’s Gold” is a nicely realized little missing episode of the legendary series. Scott Tipton taps into the quirky and in a way homey feel the series had during the first few years of its run and delivers a nice mystery with not that much political intrigue but lots of great character content and solid themes.

DS9 was originally conceived as a small town from an old western brought to space, and “Fool’s Gold” reflects that
Aaron Mcquiston
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
I love Deep Space Nine. Even though this is an unpopular opinion, it is probably my favorite Star Trek series. "Deep Space Nine - Fool's Gold" is an original comic that reads like an episode of the show, and Tipton does a great job of being faithful to the tensions between the characters that exist throughout the show, particularly Odo and Quark. I really visualized the story being played out as a screenplay, and though it is not perfect, with some misspellings and some really badly drawn ...more
Victor Hugo
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: star-trek, comics
It's an interesting adventure, considering that we don't have no new Deep Space Nine stories for a long, long time now. I'd like to see something more epic, like the Dominion, Cardassian, Klingon or Romulan plots than this one about scoundrels coming from all over the place to DS9. I did like the artwork, but some facial expressions are too exaggerated sometimes. I did never see Sisko with a bloodlust face... but it was nice, to read a new DS9 adventure...
Apostolos
Jan 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rocky Sunico
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, star-trek
While not exactly a story with far-reaching implications for the Star Trek universe at large, Fool's Good is a distinctly DS9 adventure that feels quite at home among other episodes of the show. It hits a lot of familiar bears ranging from O'Brien dealing with more systems issues on the station to Odo suspecting Quark is somehow involved in the drastic increase of visitors to the station. The whole thing feels like an old shirt - familiar and comforting. It's a lot of good fun and the art nicely ...more
Joe
Jun 22, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: star-trek
I don't like the artwork, because the characters often don't look anything like they do in real life. Just when the story starts to get interesting (a treasure hunt), it quickly ends with the DS9 crew creating a hoax so everyone forgets about the treasure, and we get an anticlimactic ending.
Benji Tomlinson
Jan 07, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The art was awful and the story not any better.

The art was awful and the story not any better. Recommend not wasting your time. Doesn't add Anything to DS9 lore.
Debra Cook
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
The station is packed with people looking for treasure.
Yvette
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Story

It was fun and I could hear all the characters’ voices in the writing. The story moved all quickly. Good job.
Angel
Feb 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Star Trek fans
Pretty much like reading an episode of the series. Suddenly, the station is flooding with "tourists" and scoundrels, and Commander Sisko needs to find out why. Turns out there is a lost treasure, and many think the station has something to do with it. It's a mystery as Sisko needs to figure out how to deal with the problems the thieves and treasure hunters bring to the station. I will just say there may be a very unique solution at hand. I personally did enjoy the ending. The only thing I really ...more
Aidan
Dec 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: comicbook, star-trek
This comicbook captures the tone and character relationships from the early season's of DS9 quite well but the story proves quite predictable and shallow while the artwork is surprisingly rough around the edges. Some characters, like Miles are barely recognizable (while Jadzia suffers the indignity of a name misspelling!).
Steven Shinder
Oct 02, 2016 rated it liked it
I really like the artwork for this story and some of the character interactions, but there isn't really much to this treasure hunt story. It's just a little thing that happens between seasons 3 and 4 of the show.
John Yelverton
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
A fun little tale from the world of "Deep Space Nine" that will make you want to pop a DVD and watch the episodes again.
Morbus Iff
Feb 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Treasure hunt aboard the space station. Eh.
Melissa
Sep 07, 2012 rated it it was ok
Predictable storyline, and a couple of annoying misspellings. How they could get so many things right and then misspell "Terok Nor" and "Jadzia," I have no idea. Meh.
Stephen
Jun 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun story that really captures the feel of the first few seasons of Deep Space Nine.
May 14, 2016

• Star Trek: The Next Generation - The Gorn Crisis
  • Star Trek: The Next Generation: Ghosts
  • Star Trek: Waypoint
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Academy
  • Star Trek Archives: The Best of Kirk (Star Trek Archives, #5)
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 1
  • Star Trek: Gold Key Archives Volume 2
  • Star Trek: Ongoing, Volume 2
  • Batman, Volume 6: Graveyard Shift
  • Star Trek: Picard - Countdown #3
  • Star Trek: IDW 20/20

Star Trek Graphic Novels (1 - 10 of 43 books)
  • Star Trek: Countdown (Star Trek Countdown, #1-4)
  • Star Trek: Nero