Start by marking “What They Want” as Want to Read:
What They Want

What They Want

4.09  ·  Rating details ·  978 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
What They Want by New York Times bestselling author Omar Tyree adds another sexy, scorching novel to his growing list of beloved urban literature.
Successful model Terrance Mitchell had no plans to ever settle down. For what? Being single was freedom, where relationships were binding. Nor did he have any plans for a family, with snotty-nosed kids running around, cramping h
Published June 5th 2007 by Simon Schuster (first published July 4th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about What They Want, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What They Want

Tiffany
Apr 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: urban
I don't know why I keep giving Omar Tyee a chance. Maybe because he's a best selling author and I expect that to mean something, I guess. But this is the last book for me.

"What They Want" is the story of Terrance, a world renowned model. He is cocky, self-centered, and for the most part a down right a-hole. He goes from woman to woman giving them "what they want" which he believes is him and sex basically. His character to me was so unrealistic. It is the most sterotypical portrayal of a black
Shequila Smith
This book was okay, I had to read it on and off because some part where so boring to me. Meaning, It was a book you would already know the ending to. What they want by Omar Tyree is basically about a young model who has a so-called girlfriend who also in the model industry. So, he realize he is getting paid and his girl is still trying to find her way he end up dumping her too play the field. Soon enough his lesson was learned not to treat woman like shit, end up having to be a man and take care ...more
Book Fiend
Jul 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is the definition of a hot and steamy book which is obvious just from the cover lol a little too much info at times but still a pretty good read. the man goes through that stage most men go through sleeping with everything with a skirt until comin to the realisation that he can have good sex and a loving relationship and thats were the real troubles begin....
Kinshasa
Fairly decent book. Some parts of it were kind of slow but the parts that weren't were steamy and drama filled. I do feel like the story was a bit drawn out. All of the fluff could have either been eliminated or used to [better] show the main character's growth over time - the way that aspect of the book was handled seemed rushed and somewhat unrealistic.
Lanna Minor
The book was average. It went overboard on character development and could have been about 100 pages shorter if not as much time was spent on all the trysts of the central character. We got the point after the first, second, third one...no need for 4,5,6,7, and 8, ect. It was interesting enough that I finished it but not interesting enough where I never wanted to put it down.
Shanique
May 20, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I totally expected something different// I mean after I read the jacket cover I expected this great story of a guy who realizes what he wants in life and works on it. I think that they should have built up the end a lil more. After years of just sexing aroun he's just gonna give that up for a ready made family? I don't think so.
LaTonya
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I was a little unsure about weather I wanted to read the book at first due to all of the mixed reviews, but I'm so glad that I did because it turned out to be a very entertaining read. I'm now definitely looking forward to reading more from Omar Tyree.
Angella
It was a great read ..but I did not like the ending I was hoping he would end up with the start up chick.....but out of left flied came this new chick... I knew nothing about. I didn't get to know her so I didn't feel the love at the end.
Toni
Apr 26, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This I'd not Omar Tyree's best work. The story started out ok, then I started skipping pages because it was boring. Terrance is an ass who thinks he's God's gift to women and thry should do whatever it takes to prove their adoration.
Pretty Boi
I like that book this a good
Jessica Terry
Jun 06, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I could not put this book down...it made me want to go work on my own books and that's always a sign of a good book for me!
Iasia
Apr 21, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
if a book can keep my attention. then its worth the read
Nicole
Jan 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was little bit boring at first but when the plot started thinking it began to become juicy and I did kinda guess what was going to happen at the end...But it was good to read a bit long but good
Rachell Harrington
I loved IT!!!
Rose
Jun 16, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is what happens when a man thinks their ambitious sexual fantasies, paired with stereotypical gender roles and lack of plot,or any advanced writing skills, will make a good story.
Shareka Jackson
I thought it was ok but I predicted how the story would turn out half way through the book
Krysta
Jessica
Oct 12, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Felt like the book just started dragging on. The end was something I didn't except but its was saved the book.
Chineka Williams
This is a great book. It was excitement with every turn of the page.
Neha
Nov 15, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ever need a forensics piece to blow away the judges? Some of the members of my team were considering this. Absolutely amazing work. Great job Omar..can't wait till the movie comes out.
Jesselyn Jackson
About a womanizing man...didn't enjoy this as much as I have some of his other works.
Felice Ellis
Dec 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hot,hot,hot read....
Ciara
Jun 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Story of a fine ass model with a supposedly great life. At least from the outside looking in.

Has some great twist. I practically fell in love with the main character. Great read!
Cathy
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hot!
Felice
Dec 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
hot read love reading this book.....
Reiko
Jul 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: yes
Recommended to Reiko by: I saw it in the book store
omg i could not put down this book.we had a lot of late nights together!!!
Angel
Jul 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the ending. glad he stepped up and did what he had to do on the strength of his daughter
Deanna
Aug 04, 2011
Jacci
rated it did not like it
Sep 24, 2007
Kimberly Broner
Dec 08, 2016
  • Waking with Enemies (Gideon Series #2)
  • Can't Get Enough
  • The Upper Room
  • Nothing Has Ever Felt Like This (Soulmates Dissipate, #5)
  • If I Could
  • The First Lady
  • No More Playas
  • Just Too Good to Be True
  • Love Is Never Painless
  • Double Dippin'
Omar Tyree, a New York Times best-selling author, a 2001 NAACP Image Award recipient for Outstanding Literature in Fiction, and a 2006 Phillis Wheatley Literary Award winner for Body of Work in Urban Fiction, has published 16 books and has sold nearly 2 million copies worldwide that has generated more than $30 million.
With a degree in Print Journalism from Howard University in 1991, Tyree has bee