Start by marking “Ellie McDoodle: Best Friends Fur-Ever” as Want to Read:
Ellie McDoodle: Best Friends Fur-Ever

Ellie McDoodle: Best Friends Fur-Ever

(The Ellie McDoodle Diaries #3)

When her teacher assigns a report about animals and all the popular animals get snatched up, Ellie McDoodle is stumped for a topic. Then a neighbor goes on vacation and asks Ellie to watch her African gray parrot, and it seems her problem is solved. Unfortunately, a new problem pops up almost immediately when the parrot flies the coop—literally. With help from a librarian, ...more
Published August 3rd 2010 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about Ellie McDoodle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ellie McDoodle

Start your review of Ellie McDoodle: Best Friends Fur-Ever
Jenn Estepp
i wasn't quite as keen on this volume as i've been on the other ellie mcdoodle books, i think because this is a departure from the diary format and more an illustrated narrative. and, the stories a wee bit bare bones here. still, ellie is a really winning heroine, the drawings are cute and add to the novel, it has a lot of reluctant reader appeal and is a quick ride. ...more
Anna
Feb 27, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of the first two Ellie books
Best Friends Fur-Ever is the third book in the Ellie McDoodle series. It's still good, but maybe not quite as good as the first two books in the series--the journal entries aren't separated and it's not always clear how much time has passed. However, the illustrations are still delightful and the origami instructions are a fun inclusion to the story. Onward with the series! ...more
Ellen Zarate
Apr 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun read-alike for Dork Diaries, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, and the like. This series has a female protagonist--refreshing--and fun additions. Kids who read this book will learn how to fold some origami critters, and how to build a geodesic dome.
Katy Lovejoy
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
I feel like petsitting a pet that gets loose is a common theme of junior books, but I liked this
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Kira M for TeensReadToo.com

When Ellie has to give a report on an exotic pet, she has a hard time picking a topic. When the neighbor asks her to watch her parrot, Ellie decides this would make a perfect animal for her project.

The bird, however, doesn't want to learn the lines Ellie is trying to make it speak for her report. Instead, it would rather fly around playing with Ellie's little brother and insulting Ellie. To make matters worse, the parrot flies out the window one afternoon.
Steph
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
I read this right after reading The Dork Diaries because I'm trying to find diary books geared toward girls. This wasn't quite diary-like, and it did not make me laugh my butt off like Wimpy Kid, but I liked certain aspects a lot...

-There are many factual pieces to the story; Ellie's class is researching animals so many cool facts about different animals are included.
-Throughout the book, Ellie stops to teach the reader how to do something fun, like play a certain game or make a type of origam
Leslie
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
My book title is Ellie McDoodle Best Friends fur-ever. The author of this book is Ruth McNally Barshaw. The genre of this book is Realistic Fiction. The caracters in my book are Ellie, Mark(who Ellie thinks is her enemy when really he helps her deal with her problem.), and Ellie's family.

The conflict in this book is Ellie loses the parrot she is parrotsitting.This book is a good book because is has modern day problems and it is easy to connet to.

I'd recommend this book to both boys and girls
Diego
Nov 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I think that Alex was just being stuburne to Ellie because she didn't like her to train her to do report for her but Alex just didn't want to Alex and the cat are just alike because the cat and Alex both hate Ellie Alex would fly away and the cat would scrtch her I think that this was a good book Just you should make it were the animals like Ellie.
Ally
I really like this book because this book is based on when Ellie asked her neighbour if she could borrow her pet parrot for inspiration for an assignment... Then she Looses the parrot!!! :o
I liked this book because I have 2 birds a I can real ate to her (but not because I lost my birds, because i have birds) :)
Shohei Uchida
Oct 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I chose this book because I bought this book in Boston. Pictures look cute.

7 words
Girl Love Animals Do Presentation Parrot Care

If you can have a pet, what kind of creature do you choose?
I'll choose fish because it looks very cute.

If you have a parrot, what words do you make it remember?
I'll make it remember The way to indroduce itself and myself.

60min.
Oliver
Jul 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
i liked this book because it had some bubbles of how to make some stuff like a paper penguin. It looks very interesting.
Jen
Mar 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elle
The reason I love this book is because I love pets. Even though I don't have one :( ...more
Debbie Hoskins
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Kids love pets. Ellie has to do a report on an animal. There's an elementary school romance with the pet store owners' son.
Fun, charming book.
Trisha
Dec 10, 2016 added it
funny and cute with Ben-Ben
Dolores
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book 3 in this Wimpy Kid-like series, with tremendous girl appeal. There is humor here, but so much more. Here you will find games to play facts, jokes, and a great coming of age story.
Aug 09, 2012 rated it liked it
This book is perfect for girls who like to read "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" or other books written as diaries. ...more
Theo
Jul 18, 2010 added it
I have not read this book!!!!!!!!!
Abby Stanwood
Oct 16, 2014 rated it liked it
I like this book for reading, but is not my first choice book.I like this book because is is funny strange and a really fun book to read.
Abby
Jeanne
3rd book in the series, the author is coming back to Cromaine for a visit in April, kids love her.
Gabrielle Eaton
Nov 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is such a hilarious book! But it is like diary of the wimpy kid but it is a lot more factual then diary of a wimpy kid.
Emma
Jun 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Ellie Mcdoodle is awesome! You should read the other ones too, they are just as amazing!
Donalyn
Hilarious story. Ellie McDoodle agrees to pet sit her neighbor's parrot, but when the parrot disappears, Ellie must rely on an assortment of friends and family members to find the lost bird. ...more
Jonna VanWienen
Jul 18, 2014 rated it liked it
Cute book. Lots of fun activities for kids to do- crafts and drawing instructions.
Gwen
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Miscalculations of Lightning Girl
  • The List of Things That Will Not Change
  • Kindle User's Guide
  • Sabotage Season (The Kicks, #2)
  • The Big Break
  • Saving the Team (The Kicks, #1)
  • Share Your Smile: Raina's Guide to Telling Your Own Story
  • Win or Lose (The Kicks, #3)
  • Otto Tattercoat and the Forest of Lost Things
  • Amari and the Night Brothers (Supernatural Investigations, #1)
  • The Boy, the Bird and the Coffin Maker
  • The Girl Who Sailed the Stars
  • Cyclone
  • Tales from a Not-So-Fabulous Life (Dork Diaries, #1)
  • Koko Be Good
  • Dionysus and the Land of Beasts (Heroes in Training, #14)
  • Zeus and the Dreadful Dragon (Heroes in Training, #15)

The Ellie McDoodle Diaries (6 books)
  • Ellie McDoodle: Have Pen, Will Travel
  • Ellie McDoodle: New Kid in School
  • Ellie McDoodle: Most Valuable Player: Most Valuable Player
  • The Ellie McDoodle Diaries: The Show Must Go On
  • Ellie for President (Ellie McDoodle Diaries, #6)