Start by marking “Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)” as Want to Read:
Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)

Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 (Yotsuba&! #5)

4.57  ·  Rating details ·  2,977 Ratings  ·  113 Reviews
It's the end of an endless summer, and Yotsuba is out to make the most of it. First, she'll go toe-to-toe with a cardboard robot, then help out the neighbors by eating their grapes and spearheading an impromptu trip to the beach. But when her ice cream is stolen by Yanda, Koiwai's understudy, Yotsuba may have to admit she's finally met her match!
Published October 23rd 2007 by ADV Manga (first published April 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05

Caleb
Feb 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This series is the best thing ever. EVER.
Artemy
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Yotsuba keeps being absolutely delightful!
Samantha Tolleson
I wad really amused by the character Yasuda. He reminded me of an uncle who gets their kicks out of pestering the $h!t out of their nieces and nephews. I loved him!
Carrie
Feb 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a good collection. Yotsuba meets a robot named Cardbo, she helps out with chores around the house (watching laundry is fascinating,) and she meets her father's good-for-nothing friend Yanda, who just shows up, eats their instant ramen and tries to steal Yotsuba's ice cream. Yotsuba is not impressed.

They go stargazing with Jumbo. While in the dark park, Yotsuba shines a flashlight in her eyes, blinds herself, and then runs away into a garbage can. (I laughed for at least ten minutes.)

My
Sarah ~Sehrenity~
May 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2013
This volume features the best scene ever... a bored-by-days-of-rain Yotsuba creating an army of ghost creatures while Daddy isn't looking. All. Staring. At. Him. "Geez!! That's creepy!!" doesn't begin to describe how funny these two pages are. Awesome.
Crystal
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction, manga
Loved this one, especially the beach, the robot ("don't crush Yotsuba's dreams!"), and Yotsuba's fury towards the visitor who eats her ice cream. Girl, I understand.
Dani (ダニ)
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
This Manga is just so great and cute and hilarious. I love it so much ♥
Becky
Jul 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Cute and funny as usually. We laughed a lot at the chapter with Yanda (?) and the robot at the beginning was pretty cute too.
Sarah Hayes
Oct 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-lns-misc
Originally posted here at Anime Radius.

Tsuku-tsuku boshi! It's the end of summer - and spring is right around the corner! Oh, it's not? It's fall that's up next? Okay! As the fifth volume of Yotsuba&! opens, the summer season is drawing to a close. That can only mean one thing: try to fit in as many sunny summer day activities into one book as possible before autumn! This includes everything from ice cream cones to airing out futons in the sun to even the ubiquitous trip to the beach (one th
MissAnnThrope
30 May 2013

Danbo (aka Cardbo)!!
(view spoiler)

What I love most about this series is Yotsuba's contagious joy, her effervescent personality, and her ability to never let anything get her down. That is, until she meets her arch-nemesis, Yanda! To her credit, he is a turd and would probably make Mother Teresa want to knock him out. Yotsuba&!, Vol. 05 shows an unexpectedly aggressive different side to Yotsuba that somehow makes her even more adorable and will leave you howling wi
Vanessa
Dec 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Yotsuba&! mangas never fail to cheer me up. The main message of any of the little stories within them is that it's important to enjoy life, even the little things (which is definitely something I forget on occasion).
Yotsuba is an excitable child who expresses joy and wonder at everything she comes across, and the stories in this volume were at times sweet and at other times hilarious. I love her facial expressions as they never fail to make me smile.
I can't wait to pick up the next volume
Sue Moro
Apr 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Yotsuba helps out with chores at the neighbors, splashes about in the rain (her father says she is bad at umbrella), visits the beach, and goes one on one against Yanada, her father's associate. The scenes versus Yanada had me laughing out loud! Yotsuba makes me smile and want to go jump up and down in a puddle!
Anna
May 14, 2014 rated it really liked it
I know I love it. You know I love it. No surprises today. Yo!

I you need a good ol' laugh (it's really funny! For me, at least) and a cute'n'light manga, READ IT! Yotsuba is a gem.

That's all I'm going to say and last time I recommend you to read it (maybe, muahaha). It's healthy and good for your page count. Juuuuust sayin'.
Amin
Sep 18, 2014 rated it liked it
یاتسوبا واقعا شیرینه . باید به مانگاکا این مجموعه به خاطر خلاقیت های خوبش و طنز های موقعیتش تبریک گفت
- برای یه مدت خوندن بقیه جلد هاش رو متوقف میکنم . حس میکنم برای برگشت به دنیای یاتسوبا ریکاوری لازم دارم
Joy
Dec 31, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, 21c, chromatic
I especially loved the chapters with Cardbo and Yanda.
Óscar Trobo
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cómic
Las estrellas, Yanda, la playa, el final del verano, … Increíble Yotsuba
Adrianna Ibrahim
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
Yotsuba goes to the beach!
Christina
Mar 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, manga
So many hilarious moments in this one! I finished this volume half an hour ago, and I'm still chuckling.
- Cardbo, the money-eating robot
- Why hermit crabs are hermits
- Introducing Yanda, who is completely immune to Yotsuba's charms
- The teru teru bozu
Check it out for yourself!

Amy
May 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2009, j-comics
Yotsuba shows you how to love life! I love how this whole series shows Yotsuba enjoying all kinds of summer activities. This was a good time of year to read the series, because it's gotten me excited for summer fun!

I just finished this series, of which there are five volumes (hopefully a sixth volume will be coming out this summer). I haven’t read a ton of comics series, but I would have to say that this is my favorite. Yotsuba, the titular character, is t

Marissa Hope
Jan 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Content Rating: G
Star Rating: 4.5 stars (really liked it)

Check out my review on my blog!
(http://thebookcharacter.blogspot.com/...)

Opinions:
I enjoyed this short and pretty much easy read. At first though it was hard for me to get use to reading right to left (as you must do in this book), and I was also confused about Yotsuba's relationship with everyone in the book. She calls the mother of her neighboring friends "Mom", but she is not actually Yotsuba's mother. I would recommend reading this se
Jeanette Carrillo
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Yotsuba Vol. 5 was made by Kiyohiko Azuma. Yotsuba is a little girl that wants to know everything she comes across, in Vol. 1 yotsuba meets her neighbors, Fuuka, Asagi and Ena. Yotsuba’s father is Koiwoi and her uncle's name is jumbo. Yotsuba’s summer is ending and she hasn't done anything about it, Yotsuba wants to go somewhere with her friends and family, and she does.

All of the characters are pretty much Yotsuba’s friends, even her new rival. What i would want to change about this book is w
Putri
Nov 17, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ah, Yotsuba, tokoh komik anak kecil favorit saya selain Miiko. Dengan pola pikir khas anak umur 5 tahun, Yotsuba mengajak kita untuk bermain ke dalam kehidupan sehari-harinya. Hal-hal yang remeh seperti koran, cat, bunga, naik sepeda, berbelanja, main ke rumah tetangga, jadi hal yang menarik karena selalu saja ada kejadian lucu yang dialami Yotsuba. Di buku kelima dari entah-berapa-jumlah-volume-Yotsuba&!-selanjutnya ini, Yotsuba bertemu dengan Yanda, teman ayahnya yang nantinya di buku sela ...more
Jeff
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Yanda episode strikes me as maybe the oddest one yet. Stranger even than Yotsuba's pathological fear of being stared at or her insanely violent reaction to the "knowledge" that the being standing before her is a "robot" or Jumbo's rivalry with Miura-chan or the reflexive yelling of "HUUUUGE" upon anyone younger than 21 first seeing Jumbo or of the Ayase girls' non-recognition of their own father. I think any sane person will agree that every one of those things is strange. Maybe you disagree ...more
Elaine Lin
Apr 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Yotsuba is still an outstanding little girl growing up in a small neighborhood. She is still learning many ways of life along with her family and friends. She is a cute girl that doesn't give up until she finally succeeds. Yasuda, a new character in this novel, jokes around with Yotsubaby taking a bite out of her ice cream cone. She doesn't surrender to him so she takes his phone during his phone call and yells " IDIOT!" to that random person. She doesn't give up until she thinks it's even or sh ...more
Swety Retna
Jun 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loove this series so much! Hey, what about the chapter about Yotsuba and Helping?! you know, I read this chapter for sooo many timeeesssss!!! really, this is the most interesting and the funniest story I read. I sometimes think about what Daddy Koiwai has in his mind about Yotsuba's behavior, ha ha but He always lets yotsuba do whatever she wants and just look at her with blank look :D ha ha
when Yotsuba climb in Mom's back, Daddy was just looking! so cute.
And I really love Yotsuba activities
Sinta Nisfuanna
Menanti pertemuan Yotsuba & Yanda lagi! :P plus ketawa baca tingkah2 'bocah-bocah' gede di pantai
Amanda
Jan 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Brian
Oct 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
This particular volume of Yotsuba simply wasn't as good as the others ones. For some reason, the character has started to become written as not being so cute and innocent but as simply dumb. Where was the young naive Yotsuba I loved from the previous volumes who behaves more as an alien and less as a bratty young kid. I hope this is corrected and improves in future volumes!
Natalie
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yotsuba&! is a slice-of-life manga that follows the adventures of a young girl named Yotsuba. She's funny, her imagination is boundless, and her adventures are nothing short of bizarre. It's all the fun parts of watching a kid grow up, without the tantrums and arguments. It's cute and fun and lighthearted.
Blackransel
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
chapter paling lucu, Yostuba dan Yanda. Yanda itu adik tingkat ayahnya Yotsuba, tp saat main ke rumah, tingkah Yanda juga seperti anak-anak. sampai ayah Yotsuba berpikir " ada 2 anak-anak di sini." sumpah deh, bahkan Yanda itu pekerja kantoran
rasanya lucu saja tidak mau mengalah pada anak kecil. aku tertawa membaca chapter ini.
  • Chi's Sweet Home, Volume 3
  • Mushishi, Vol. 7
  • Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, Vol. 3
  • A Bride's Story, Vol. 4 (A Bride's Story, #4)
  • Bunny Drop, Vol. 4
  • ヨコハマ買い出し紀行 1
  • Love★Com, Vol. 6
Kiyohiko Azuma (東清彦 or あずま きよひこ Azuma Kiyohiko) is a Japanese manga author and artist. His most well-known work is Azumanga Daioh. His current series is Yotsuba&!, which is serialized monthly in Dengeki Daioh magazine.
More about Kiyohiko Azuma...

Yotsuba&! (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 01 (Yotsuba&! #1)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 02 (Yotsuba&! #2)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 03 (Yotsuba&! #3)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 04 (Yotsuba&! #4)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 06 (Yotsuba&! #6)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 07 (Yotsuba&! #7)
  • Yotsuba, tome 8 (Yotsuba&! #8)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 09 (Yotsuba&! #9)
  • Yotsuba&!, Vol. 10 (Yotsuba&! #10)
  • ¡Yotsuba! Vol. 11 (Yotsuba&! #11)