Start by marking “Breaking Daylight” as Want to Read:
Breaking Daylight

Breaking Daylight

Touching her crosses the line and shoots his code of honor all to hell.

Sergeant Alex Shepard is all about getting the job done. That single-minded purpose helps him forget the fact he hates the jungle as he leads his Special Forces team in search of Honduran drug lord Santiago Saldana. His quarry eludes him, but the woman left behind in the compound is the next best thing.
Published January 5th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published November 19th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Breaking Daylight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breaking Daylight

Start your review of Breaking Daylight
MBR
Feb 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of romantic suspense
Recommended to MBR by: None
4.5 Star Romantic Suspense

Master Sergeant Alex Shepard hates trekking through jungles with a passion. A member of a team of rangers, Alex is the adopted son of his parents from Texas and looks forward to the day that he can claim the innocent and pure Rebecca back home as his own. Alex had grown up with a drug addict mother who had whored her way through life and made her son sell drugs for her until it had all come to a halt the day she had been killed by cops in pursuit of her. Though Alex h
Jacqueline J
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was ok
This just didn't work for me. It was okay but only that. I almost DFNed it. It got bogged down with too many sex scenes. It just wasn't written in a way that grabbed me. It seemed to be "just another romantic suspense". Nothing new or different. The emotions just weren't there for me. Sorry I know many people enjoyed it.
Nicole
So Bella, the heroine annoyed the hell out of me. Tortured but TSTL. She fell for the easiest traps and you would think by her being captive, and a prostitute she would lose her naivety. But nope. I understand being worried for your son, trust me if someone took my son it would be WWIII, however she could have been more practical and um.... What's that word? Oh yeah, smart. Hero was ok but kept calling her a whore or just rubbing me the wrong way. Overall 2.5 - 3.5 Stars.
Carolina
My first military romance book. Liked it, didn’t love it. Why is that?
Well, mainly because while the lhusty scenes were indeed dheadly lhusty, BUT the female character (Isabella) shows my most hated factor in a book: INFATUATION.
Holy freakin' cow! It infuriates me that after a couple nice words and MAYBE a smile or two and him protecting her in a situation of danger the woman falls in loveeeeeeeee with all her heart. "He must be the man for her! He treats her like a lady!" God forbid that is ju
Kay-em
May 08, 2015 rated it liked it
Started off really well - in fact I thought it was going to end up as a 5-star till approx 30% of the book when I began to have issues with the heroine. For one thing, her justification for "sleeping with the enemy" so to speak, was rather weak, secondly, while one can admire her determination to get back her son, her methods of doing so came across as not very bright. I must however admit I was very impressed with the author's writing style and will probably check out her other works.
Sami
Apr 28, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was a ripper! A real page turner that kept me heading back to my Sony every chance I got.
Tiffany
Nov 21, 2012
Emma Jay
May 30, 2011
M.J. Fredrick
Jan 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Anita Street
Y
Dec 28, 2013
Meghan
Mar 28, 2015

• Yes, Please (Please, #1)
  • Kitty Confidential (Pet Whisperer P.I. #1)
  • Heartsong