Start by marking “A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court” as Want to Read:
A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court

A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court (Twisted Time #1)

3.31  ·  Rating details ·  324 Ratings  ·  49 Reviews
When a modern fashion editor strumbles back into Camelot and falls in love with Lancelot, how will the history of King Arthur's court change?

Published May 1st 2005 by Love Spell

To ask other readers questions about A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court

Deeva
Apr 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2015, series
The book was fabulous!

Except for one thing...THE ENDING.

I'm sitting here all like waiting for the happily ever after,

BUT NO.

IT HAD TO END AT THE MOST WORST PLACE EVER.

This was literally me when my mind finally absorbed what just happened...

YOU CAN'T DO THAT!

PLEASE WRITE A SEQUEL.

I KNOW IT'S BEEN LIKE 10 YEARS SINCE THIS BOOK HAS BEEN OUT. BUT PLEASE!!!
Carol
Mar 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
A clever time travel story that managed to find its way into Camelot and put a twist on the ending that I did not see coming.
Arthurianmaiden
Sep 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I have mixed feelings about this book but because I started reading it without actually knowing what to expect I have to admit that I truly enjoyed it and I was pleasantly surprised buy it.
The story is a nice twist on Mark Twain's novel and the author has clearly done some arthurian research, even if her main charactar Kat keep telling us that she knows nothing of King Arthur.

The book is narrated in first person and Kat has a lot of insight and her toughts are all written down. She was enjoyabl
Kiri
Jun 03, 2009 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: NO ONE
Shelves: reviewed, 2009read
Serena
Jan 20, 2012 rated it did not like it
Awfully amusing, or amusingly awful?
Ashley
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
It had major flaws and super cringe moments. No doubt about about it. And that ending!

But....I rate books on (among other things) how much they make me laugh/cry (I am all for books that make me feeel things), root for the characters (Female characters that take no shit are great), get involved in the story (aka: sitting on the edge of my seat), whether i want it to end or not and if i'm likely to re-read it. And this book checked almost all my boxes. Despite the horrible moments I can't help b
Cheryl Lopatka
Jun 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Corny.

This one is way over the top corny. I love time travel novels, but this one has a wise-cracking girl sent back to Camelot and Sir Lancelot falls in love with her. She jive talked language to the citizens of Camelot and they understand her perfectly. I just cannot recommend this one at all.
Samantha Bilodeau
Jan 23, 2016 rated it it was ok
Like, OMG, you will totally, like, LOVE how Lancey and Kat hook up!

Ugh. Or not.

Spoilers ahead, in case anyone hasn't read this yet.

I love fiction based in Medieval times and was hoping this book would be a fun read. I finished it, but Kat's stupidity, arrogance and shallowness, the over-the-top "love" scenes (is this chick lit or a trashy romance novel?), and the ending all made it more annoying than fun.

Yes, there are words that we use now that they wouldn't understand, and we do have a very di
Jaslyn
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
A modern woman by the name of Kat is transported back in time by a gypsy curse and desperately wants to get back to the time of latte’s and phone reception. Handsome knight Lancelot and the Queen of Camelot, Guenevere are keen to help her. Kat will need all of her modern day sass and wit to stop from altering the course of events and changing the future forever. But what happens when she starts to fall for Lancelot?

This book is a very quick an easy read. Though there are a couple of plot twists,
Cary Morton
It took a long time for me to decide what rating to give A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur’s Court by Mari Mancusi. This was the fun, sometimes silly, often thrilling adventure of Kat—a fashion editor who’s all about Starbucks and her Manolo’s, and not so much about medieval life—but it wasn’t without its snares.

Technically speaking, the writing was pretty decent. I found a small handful of typos throughout the book, but nothing terribly jarring. The writing overall was fluid, clear, and
C.A. Szarek
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it
I really like this fun, hilarious, sweet little read! It's not often that I read first person books but this one was awesome! I generally don't like first-person books, and I know I've said that in several reviews of good first person book, but this one did it for me. It had a little bit of everything that I desire in a fantastic read. It was funny, it was heartwarming, and had a hot boys and steamy scenes as well! I realize that this was a repub from a book that was 10 years old and being so it ...more
StrangeBedfellows
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
The Story: As the title says, a 21st century fashionista is sent back to the Middle Ages. King Arthur's court, to be specific. What happens when a cell-phone toting, Armani-wearing, back-talking city girl lands in the middle of the Knights of the Round Table? She gets thrown into the tower! Will Lancelot be her knight in shining armor, or is his heart already taken--by Queen Guenever?

My Thoughts: Definitely a fluff-read, but a diverting one at that. Silly and improbable with some good, clean fun
Amber Gray
May 03, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny-reads
Once upon a time there lived an outspoken fashion editor named Kat, who certainly was not your typical damsel in distress. But when a gypsy curse sent her back in time to the days of King Arthur, she found she'd need every ounce of her 21st century wits (and pop culture references) to navigate the legend. After all, surviving a magical plot, an evil prince, and a case of mistaken identity--all without changing history or scuffing your Manolos--takes some doing!
Luckily, she's got her very own kn
Linda Walters
Oct 24, 2014 rated it liked it
I did like this story, I like time travel stories. In the beginning of the story the herione is a spoiled, snarky, ever fashion conscious, kind of selfish person. She is also kind of whiney on more than one occasion. Doesn't sound all that likeable does she? I have to admit there were more than a few times that her attitude began to annoy me. BUT, even when she was being snobby in her thoughts, it was some pretty interesting conversations with herself. The King's court were in no way ready for s ...more
Barbara
Jul 01, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2008
I was a sucker for a King Arthur story when I was a young teen. I’ve read more versions of it that you can imagine. In this one, Kat is transported back to Camelot. It takes her awhile to find out it wasn’t an accident – the Lady of the Lake and Merlin thought that Kat could prevent Lancelot and Guenevere from falling in love, thus being the downfall of Camelot.

It was a fun story, an easy read and entertaining. Even though you more or less know what’s going to happen – at least if you’re read AN
Angela Smith
This was a lot of fun and definitely different from other time travel romances I have read. Kat turns up in the time of Camelot after being rude to a fortune teller at a Medieval Fair in the 21st century. What I liked about it was that she kept her sassiness of a modern day girl while in the past and was still as suspicious of men as she was before she travelled and it kind of illustrated that people are people, whatever century they come from.

It was amusing, romantic and a great diversion. Will
Cathlin
Sep 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: steamy
3.5- Cute story about a NYC girl who travels back in time due to a Gypsy curse in order to prevent Lancelot from ever falling in love with Guinevere (and thus saving Camelot from its demise).

I liked it. It was cute, sweet, and a little steamy. The whole incorporation of the different legends revolving around Camelot was interesting as well as the role that each of the characters played. I enjoyed seeing how Kat became involved with Lancelot and the ultimate role she played in the Guinevere/Arth
Kylia R
I came across this book at my local used bookstore. I thought the title sounded catchy and as I read the back and flipped through the pages; the book seemed utterly entertaining!

A "prissy" "fashionista" or "diva" stuck in Medieval times without starbucks, designer high heels and especially no in door plumbing!

Really, my first impression was that it would be just a really fun read! This book defiantly exceeded my expectations!

Read the rest of my Review here on my blog!
Jessica Smith
Jun 05, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Hardcore Chicklit Fan
You definitely have to be a hardcore chicklit fan to enjoy A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court, as its themes, heroine, and other elements are your standard chicklit fare. Fun and breezy reading, for sure, but it's not my cup of tea. I much prefer being provoked into thought with reading, as depth and meaning are a must to earn a place amongst my favourite books. This provided little of that.

Standard plot formula propped up with sass to carry whatever enjoyment readers can glean. T
Zaa
Katherine Jones is our heroine in this novel. She is a bright fashion columnist and outspoken girl, which just happened to get thrown into Medieval era by accident (getting hit over the head with a flying lance). Later she know how she ended up in Camelot (back in King Arthur's day) because a gypsy put a curse on her to send her into another time.
This book is so hilarious, fun and easy to read. Recomend it!
-k The Lady Critic
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
I bought this book back when it was first published. I noticed it at a highway rest stop while on a high school trip and my friends ribbed me the entire time about my love of drugstore romances.

This was a cute, sexy, entertaining read and I wish I still had my copy - it went missing shortly after I finished reading it :(

I hope that I'll stumble onto another copy while used book shopping one of these days!
Tahlia
Jan 17, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
This was probably the book that started my obsession with reading when I was 15, it was a book I received free when I signed up with a book club. I loved it and I know it may not be the best written book but I love the whole King Arthur and Camelot story line! Since owning it I've read it a few times, one of my many favorites :)
Peggy Morton
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book. It was a little far-fetched and not usually the type of book I read. It had some very interesting dialogue and I would recommend it to anyone that likes light romance with a touch of humor. However, I am not a fan of the ending.
Anggie
Apr 22, 2009 rated it liked it
this book is sooooo good. If I can give six stars then I will :) a perfect combination of my two favorite genres, historical and chicklit :)
Eventhough this is a light, funny book, the writer took time to research the details and history of King Arthur's era. Mixed with a lot of imagination and an overdose of fun and laugh, here's a chick lit with and attitude that is simply unputdownable.
Kim
Apr 15, 2007 rated it it was ok
I found this book on Candy Covered Books and thought even though it didn't look like a book I would normally read, I'd give it a try. It was pretty cheesy and definitely not my cup of tea, but it was mildly entertaining. I didn't completely hate it, but if I had to do it over again, I wouldn't read it. :)
Roxy
Aug 08, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
if you love fictional stories that link history with it, then you will love this book! it's a new look on time travel romance and will leave you laughing and crying and begging for more. it's a different writing style than what i've read before, and the heroine definitley isn't like the others i've read about either. a good book that was fun to read. :)
Nicole
Jan 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
Snippet; I enjoyed this book for what it is, light entertainment. It is the type of book I could curl up with by the heater in winter or on the beach on a hot summers day. It doesn't require too much thought to be entertained.
Full Review; http://bookywooks.blogspot.com/2009/1...
Rebecca
Good idea

I read the second book first a couple of years ago. I loved the second one just not this one. I like the whole storyline, but I found it difficult to finish. I think maybe it's because I don't really like Kat. Even if you don't love this one, give the second one a chance.
Kimchi
Sep 04, 2007 rated it it was amazing
This version of the story is one of the best I have ever read. I find that I can not part with this book. I love the play between the characters and believe that it is one of the Best books I have ever read.
Darla Stokes
Feb 15, 2013 rated it liked it
A popcorn read: fun & quick, not so filling. A caveat: you have to be in the chick-lit mindset for this one, otherwise the heroine will drive you up the wall (or prompt you to throw the book against it).
Read 4 Review: R4R - A Connecticut Fashionista in King Arthur's Court 2 17 Sep 29, 2014 05:07AM
  • Some Enchanted Waltz (Seasons of Enchantment #1)
  • Not Without Juliet
  • A Kind of Magic
  • Once a Pirate
  • Wild Highland Rose (Time After Time #3)
  • A Twist of Fate
  • A Greek God at the Ladies' Club
  • Wildewood Revenge (The Wildewood Chronicles, #1)
  • Beyond Forever
  • Viking King (The MacLomain Series: Viking Ancestors, #1)
  • A Moment In Time
  • Highland Stone
  • Hundreds of Years to Reform a Rake
  • A Wish to Build a Dream On
  • Heaven on Earth
  • The Last Highlander
  • Dunstable Park House
  • Truly, Madly Viking (Viking II, #2)
Mari Mancusi used to wish she could become a vampire back in high school. But she ended up in another blood sucking profession --journalism -- instead. Today she works as a freelance TV producer and author of books for teens and adults.

When not writing about creatures of the night, Mari enjoys traveling, cooking, goth clubbing, watching cheesy horror movies, and her favorite guilty pleasure--vide
More about Mari Mancusi

Twisted Time (3 books)
  • A Hoboken Hipster in Sherwood Forest
  • A Chicago Sweetheart in a Roaring Gin Joint: A 1920s Time Travel Romance (Twisted Time, #3)

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Two By Two
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be