Start by marking “The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher” as Want to Read:
The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher

The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher

In a snow covered village, while children all sleep, the Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher, lands with a leap!

All the sprinkles he snitches, it's his Christmas fun,

but without sprinkles the baking cannot be done!

The villagers panic, but says Little Nat,

"I'll track down the Snitcher wherever he's at!"

Will Nat find the Snitcher? Will the Snitcher relent?

Will the cookies be
Published May 1st 2010 by Purple House Press (first published January 1st 1969)

To ask other readers questions about The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher

Start your review of The Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher
M—
Jan 26, 2009 rated it it was amazing
ETA Apr 2010: August, HA! Amazon delivered my copies this weekend! (Yes, plural. One for me, and one for my mother, and one for....)

ETA Mar 2010: This book is coming back into print! Amazon has it listed as available for pre-order, scheduled to be released in August 2010. Say it with me now: Yaaaaaay!

Original Review
When I was very little, this was one of my favorite books. The cover has been loved completely off of my copy, and every page has crayon scribbles (although I don't recall if it was
Melanie Coombes
Feb 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
I stumbled upon this book while reading a book blog. This is such a fun book to read. Quite a bit of the story is in rhyme. The illustrations are awesome. Looks like the illustrator did looks of work for Disney and the book shows off his illustrations.

The book is about all the children and parents in this village who fall asleep and when they awake, all the mothers are getting ready to bake their Christmas cookies. But while they were sleeping the Sprinkle snitcher stole all the sprinkles. One
Kathy
Dec 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was my FAVORITE Christmas book when I was younger. The copy I had was so tattered and worn and falling apart I was thrilled while browsing Amazon a couple weeks ago to find it had been re-released. I was so excited when a new hard bound copy came in the mail last week.

The story has similarities to How the Grinch Stole Christmas and makes a great read aloud. At my children's elementary school the teachers ask parents to come in to read a Christmas Story and I chose this one. Paired with a
Kristensilvermoore
Jul 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone who has children or is a child at heart
Recommended to Kristensilvermoore by: My grams bought it for me from a book fair when I was a little girl in the early 80s
This children's book was out-of-print until this year, but now that it is no longer the rare and extremely expensive book it once was, I urge everybody out there to go buy a copy of this book. My two 1969 paperback copies are probably not worth much now that it's been reprinted, but I don't care. It's more important to me that this book is accessible to all! Buy it for your children or for yourself. It has delightful illustrations and a fun story that enchanted me as a child. It is definitely ...more
Julie Lambert
Mar 17, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
This is one of the books I loved to read to my 3 kids the very most. It is a very entertaining Christmas story involving a town that had been robbed of all of it's Christmas cookie "sprinkles"...right before the holidays no less :-(. I think it is very hard to put your hands on a copy at this point...but if anyone ever sees one...I would love to have it!
Gena
Dec 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: for-the-kids
This was one of my favorite books as a kid and Ia m lucky enough to still have my original copy. It is now a favorite with my kids too.
Peggy Hess Greenawalt
An adorable Christmas story all in rhyming and with a great message to spread sprinks to the needy. Loved using it every year with my 5 year olds...so glad it has come back in print.
Cassie Kabrick
Nov 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holiday
This is absolutely one of the best christmas books ever!
Amanda
Sep 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A classic that was just reissued. Such a fun and unique Christmas story. Super enjoyable. Several kids on my list are getting this as an early Christmas gift this year.
Sherrill
Mar 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: everyone
Shelves: kid-stuff
My very favorite book ever! I have an original hardbound copy that I got when I was little. I read it to all the kids every year at Christmas.
Elizabeth
Nov 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great book to read to young children at this time of year. My grandson loved it. I'm sure we will be reading it again and again!
Rachel Aranda
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, owned
This is one of my favorite books now and from my childhood! I still have my own copy.
Joey Johnson
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book that has been read to me all my life. I was so happy when it came back out again to be published. I was sure to pick one up for myself as well as my school’s library. This is a wonderful book for any child! It also has a very good lesson!
Stephlynne
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite picture book of all time. My dad used to get it from the library every year at Christmas. I love the colorful drawings and the rhyming text.
Tamara
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the kids' favorites. Similar to "the Grinch" storyline, but with cookie sprinkles trailing across the pages.
Jill
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My sister and I love this book as kids. We drove my mother nuts asking her to read it to us over and over again. Just a fun book
babyhippoface
Cute story about a thief who steals only the sprinkles off of all the Christmas cookies. Stealing all the sprinkles? Dastardly! What's a Christmas cookie without sprinkles? Why, it's Christmas without the joy!

This didn't live up to the expectations I had built up after reading reviews, but is still fun and I think kids will like it. Everybody knows, there's just something special about sprinkles!
Jun 25, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: seasonal-holiday
A delightful romp! Charming tale extolling the virtues of cookie sprinkles (as important, Kraus notes, as a raisin's wrinkles or a sleigh bell's tinkles.) The story is similar to Seuss's Grinch, a youngster befriends the town outcast who ends up saving Christmas. Fun illustrations, reminiscent of Bil Keane's Family Circle comic strip.
Angie
Nov 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture
Ever so much fun. My sister got it for my niece and they brought it over so that I could see it tonight. It's a reprint of a '69 title. I LOVE the illustrations. Most (not quite all, though) of the rhymes work very well.

Sort of like the Grinch the Snitch learns his lesson. It is better to give and share than take.
Dotty
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
I first read this when I was working as a page at Schlow Library. I loved it then and wanted a copy to read to my kids. Unfortunately by the time we had kids, the book was out-of-print. I later found a used copy.
Lauren
Jan 11, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book seems pretty popular but it just seemed weird to me. This year was the first time I'd heard of it. I came across it randomly looking for highly reviewed Christmas books on Amazon for 4-10 year olds.
Nanci Jeanne
Aug 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Favorite for holiday storytimes.
Alicia Sprinkle
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a fun read! I think I enjoyed it as much as my 5 yr old son.
Dewey
Dec 02, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I wanted to like this book, but ugh...I hated it. It's a picture book, it takes like thirty seconds for an adult to read, and I still had to force myself to finish it because it was so blah.
Andréa
Such a strange (and dated) book. Why on earth is the sprinkle snitcher some weird turkey/human hybrid?!
Debby Baumgartner
Jan 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: christmas
Nat saves Christmas for his friends
Paula
Nat confronts the Christmas Cookie Sprinkle Snitcher and saves the village Christmas celebration.
jennifer Francis

• Wolfie the Bunny
  • Mommy's Khimar
  • I Need A Hug
  • Top-Down Crochet Sweaters: Fabulous Patterns with Perfect Fit
  • Crochet Projects for Christmas: Over 15 Fun & Easy Crochet Christmas Gifts (Crocheting, Crochet, Afghan, knitting, one day crocheting, Christmas projects, Crochet Projects, Christmas Gifts)
  • Stargazing
  • Be Prepared
  • The Day You Begin
  • The Moon's First Friends: How the Moon Met the Astronauts from Apollo 11
  • Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat
Robert Kraus was an American children's author, cartoonist and publisher. Founder and publisher of Windmill Books, author and illustrator of award-winning children's books, Kraus began as a cartoonist and cover artist for The New Yorker. [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_...]