Start by marking “Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the 60-Year Cover-Up” as Want to Read:
Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the 60-Year Cover-Up

Witness to Roswell: Unmasking the 60-Year Cover-Up

Shares actual eyewitness testimony to the recovery of a UFO in 1947 just outside of Roswell, New Mexico, revealing that the alien crew were placed in body bags and packed in dry ice, but most astonishing of all, that one of them survived the crash. Original.
Published June 1st 2007 by New Page Books (first published May 31st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Witness to Roswell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Witness to Roswell

Ana O
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was aliens.

source
Don
Apr 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
It is finally time to definitively say that this event did, indeed, occur. With over 600 witnesses to the event (many who finally talked to researchers and family members on their deathbeds), and the release of the recent FBI files on the official FBI site speaking directly to this event the following can be confirmed with high accuracy:

1. Sometime between late June and July 7th, 1947 an object (or objects) crashed in the New Mexico desert during a violent thunderstorm.

2. On July 8th the command
Mark Bouton
Aug 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A thorough examination of the Roswell alien landing incident and the subsequent actions of the military to handle it. An overwhelming number of interviews that show what likely happened. There is a preponderance of evidence presented from many angles, just as you would see in a case of an event that actually happened.
Joe Meditz
Mar 12, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What really happened at Roswell in 1947? That's one of those questions that has been asked hundreds of times over the last 67 years. This book sets out to try and determine what really happened and if the government was complicit in a cover up.

While it doesn't prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that a UFO crashed in Roswell, eyewitness testimony presented in this books makes it hard to think otherwise.

The book was presented well, with a lot of eye witness testimony and an affidavit from someon
Ermalisa
I don't remember anything so stop asking!

Government men in black suites, little grey men, weather balloons, silenced witnesses, and flying saucers...where did that folklore come from? Especially, since so much of it permeates our science fiction?

I like the way the information was presented. A significant amount of research was done to gather all the name, places, dates, records, and eye witness accounts. They even went as far as to tell you which witnesses were impeached because the were caught
Daniel
May 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
Witness to Roswell is one of the best books out there concerning the crash of a flying saucer outside Roswell, New Mexico, in July 1947. It helps to have basic knowledge about the events surrounding the Roswell Incident before reading it, however, as it doesn’t lay out the story of what supposedly happened in a linear fashion. Instead, it presents different aspects of the case from the perspective of those who witnessed them somewhere along the line. Perhaps the main strength of the book is the ...more
Aaron White
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
A number of years ago, a friend and I were traveling through the southwest and a side trip to Roswell was mentioned. Sure, I replied. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_ng1... ) Without realizing it, we happened to visit on July 4th, and apparently Roswell has a nice parade and all the 'crazies' come out for the fun. There was, concurrently, a conference of some sort, relating somehow to the idea of life out there, but there was also a lot of science involved. When we visited the Roswell crash ...more
Janemarple
Jul 30, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: to anyone interested in UFOs
I just finished reading this book after seeing the authors give a lecture on it at the beginning of the month. The book includes a collection of late/deathbed confession of many people, civilians and military alike, who witnessed the goings on during the 1947 UFO crash outside Roswell.

To read a full story concerning the event, read UFO Crash at Roswell and The Truth About the UFO Crash at Roswell. This book is just a compilation of the authors interviews with many of the people involved.

What I
Richard Pasky
Feb 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sara Hall
This is the followup to the book by the same authors which led to the made-for-tv movie around 1993. It dramatized the events, starring Martin Sheen as an investigative reporter nosing around a reunion of the fabled Roswell bomber group, America's first nuclear strike force after WWII.

The event that makes this book important is that the government under Clinton lifted the ban in the late 1990s on talking about the event, while at the same time stating there is no evidence of it having occurred.
Midstar
Feb 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
There are many books and documentaries that carry their weight in deciphering the Roswell incident, but this one holds the torch. The book is a retelling of credible witness accounts, presentation of facts as well as well as eye witness stories from the actual event. The reason I gave this book a five star rating is because of the amount of information it delves into. I knew a lot about the Roswell incident before I read this book and was a little edgy reading another book about it for fear of i ...more
Aleisha  Zolman
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: a lot of people
Holy Cow...I am a Nerd. I loved this book. I cannot tell you how badly I want to believe that a UFO crash landed in Roswell NM and the stereotypical large eyed short gray bodied aliens were aboard and our government become involved in a conspiracy to cover it all up. But my religious beliefs do not allow me to reconcile the two stories. So in the meantime I will say this. SOMETHING HAPPENED IN ROSWELL IN JULY 1947. and when i get to heaven i am checking that movie out! 600 people have some kind ...more
Clayton
Feb 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is a "must read" for any American with a brain. If you are an uninformed cynic then you'll want to steer clear of this landmark book because it will inform you and ruin your worldview. Witness to Roswell exhaustively presents accounts of witnesses to the crash, the military containment and recovery, the high level of security surrounding all phases of the cleanup operation, deathbed testimonies, sealed posthumous statements, and the extreme measures the U.S. government has taken to pre ...more
Sam Motes
Dec 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was an enjoyable read for a fellow Roswellite who grew up in Roswell hearing the stories all my life. So many hear say evidence in Carey's work by someone who knew someone who saw something mixed in with a few death bed confessions that build a house of cards. There is certainly some truth to the story but it is hard to pick out with the multiple sites and multiple deviations in the stories of what must be the truth. No wonder there are so many conspiracy theories out there with this level ...more
Annie
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was a believer decades ago, but this is a must-read for anyone interested in UFO's or the Roswell-Corona incident. I liked the reference documentation throughout the book, and I even liked the re-presentation of the witness accounts grouped by category after the chronological presentation.
I only gave the book four stars because the authors could not remain objective. How many sentences were underlined or in bold type, how many ended in exclamation points ? I agree, it was an amazing event, bu
Timothy
Jul 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
As the poster in Fox Mulder's office reads, "I want to believe," this book is eye candy for UFO fans. It's not bad for conspiracy theorists either. The thing that makes this particular book unique is the reproduction of a "deathbed confession" in the form of a sealed affidavit. The author of the document was a key member of the team that first visited the Roswell crash site. Though well-written, the merits of the book rest on the credibility of the witness. Something each reader will need to dec ...more
Michele
May 24, 2008 rated it did not like it
I just can't go on...

The first two chapters can definitely be skipped. The authors discuss what a good, successful argument is, which they end up lacking. Then it continues to sporadic stories that seem to lack order. I got through half of the book and decided it was not worth killing myself over.

I hate giving up on a book. I feel like I have failed at a goal, but I just could not go any longer. This was the worst book I have ever read (the subject definitely not being the cause, just bad writin
Debbie Mcclelland
As good as it gets!

New witnesses, lots of information from conversations with children of primary witnesses, and deathbed confessions from those people who were ACTUALLY there!

Combining this great effort on investigation with with Jesse Marcel's statement that what crashed "was not of this earth" and Phillip Corso's "Day After Roswell",there is no doubt in my mind as to the truth that a space ship from an alien world crashed near Roswell. Actually, I felt a surprising sense of calmness with tha
Jerry Blackerby
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is very interesting read. It is well-researched and documented. The government told four completely different stories over the years about what might have crashed near Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. Nothing told in those lies would justify the secrecy and threats made to people to keep them quiet or the ransacking of people’s houses searching for what! I have no idea what actually crashed, but these writers have documented the stories from many sources.
Erik
Sep 18, 2010 rated it did not like it
I have a friend who believes aliens landed near Roswell, and he had been encouraging me to read about it. I finally agreed to read one book of his choosing among his many.

There was nothing here to change anyone's mind. If you believe, you'll still believe. I didn't and found nothing remotely compelling or interesting.. The authors at least make some attempt at keeping an open mind, feeble and half-hearted though it was.
George Castorena
Mar 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Conspiracy or not, this book provides you all the information that you should know when considering the alleged UFO Crash in Roswell New Mexico. After having read this, my own personal belief is that the gov't covered "something" up. This book has served as a springboard for me to further research the UFO topic and question "what other cover-ups is our gov't responsible for?"
Rob Kristoffersen
Short review: A meticulously well researched accounting of "the Roswell Event," including its players and the cover up associated with it. Presented as trial evidence, it more than proves the case without a piece of physical evidence. An amazing book. If you're interested in the UFO phenomenon, I highly recommend this book.
Jen
Jan 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was an interesting book! It gave me a lot to think about as far as Roswell and who actually knew what happened that summer. I also felt bad for the witnesses and armed forces personnel who were threatened and bullied into silence for so many years. The authors present a good case for what they believe really happened at Roswell.
Nathalia
Jan 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Absolutely fantastic, a must read for those who believe or who are simply interested in one of the government's biggest cover-ups. The only negative aspect that I feel the need to point out is that the author repeats himself quite frequently within the beginning of every chapter.
Sally Daffarn
Oct 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible
I listened to this during 2, 6 hour car journeys. It was really interesting and warranted further research on the net once I got home. A really thorough book. Well set out. As best research as you could hope for.
Grumpus
Jul 08, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ufos
The ultimate summary of 60 years worth of investigation into the crash at Roswell, New Mexico. Written as evidence would be presented in a court of law. Presented with the evidence in this manner it would be impossible for any jury not to conclude that the event really took place.
Keith
Aug 15, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really good. Hard to ignore death-bed confessions from former airman/soldiers who said they saw the saucer and aliens. Very interesting.
Cactuskid
Apr 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Having visited the crash site and the museum in Roswell, this was interesting to me.
Bob
Apr 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ufo
One of the best books that I have read concerning the Roswell UFO incident. Well researched and well written. You may believe after reading this book.
Jordan
Sep 15, 2015 rated it really liked it
Very informative, but after the first few chapters it gets a bit boring. It repeats itself a lot.
Shea Layton
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: history, nonfiction
One of the best books on the alien perspective, but leaves out basically any evidence that doesn't support it. The book isn't too long but is still repetitive at parts and would have been better off with emphasis on chronological order rather than going by each major witness they chose to cover.

Of course, the most likely explanation for the Roswell Incident is Operation Paperclip, in my opinion.

• Dreamland: Travels Inside the Secret World of Roswell and Area 51
  • Witnessed: The True Story of the Brooklyn Bridge UFO Abductions
  • Crash at Corona: The U.S. Military Retrieval and Cover-Up of a UFO
  • A.D. After Disclosure: The People's Guide to Life After Contact
  • Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us
  • Messengers of Deception: UFO Contacts and Cults
  • Abduction: Human Encounters with Aliens
  • UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go on the Record
  • The Threat: The Secret Agenda What the Aliens Really Want and How They Plan to Get It
  • The Day After Roswell
  • Mirage Men: An Adventure into Paranoia, Espionage, Psychological Warfare, and UFOs
  • Fire in the Sky: The Walton Experience
  • The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects
  • The Black Eyed Children
  • Above Top Secret: The Worldwide UFO Cover-up
  • Dark Mission: The Secret History of NASA
  • Rethinking Our Past: Recognizing Facts, Fictions, And Lies In American History
  • Conspirators' Hierarchy: The Story of the Committee of 300
“Witnesses have stated that a piece of it was extremely thin and light—the color of aluminum—and that one could crumple a piece of it up in one’s hand and then lay it on a flat surface, where it would quickly un-crumple itself into its original flat, pristine condition, without evidence of a crease. It also could not be scratched, cut, burned, or permanently deformed in any way.” 1 likes