Start by marking “Beyond Meridian (Men in Space, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beyond Meridian (Men in Space, #1)

Beyond Meridian (Men in Space #1)

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
Two men. One passion. No choice.

A Men in Space story.

Captain Rick Raine got more than he bargained for when he agreed to take on a brash young man as a crewmember along with contraband cargo. Karl s spirit intrigues him, but he didn t sign up for battling privateers, the United Planetary Alliance or his traitorous body s response. Especially to a naive kid who cheats at ho
Published January 26th 2010 by Samhain Publishing (first published December 9th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond Meridian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond Meridian

Jenre
Jan 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, romance, sci-fi
I like sci-fi stories and feel that it’s a much under-represented sub-genre within m/m romance. I was delighted when I discovered that Samhain were starting a new series of m/m sci-fi romance novellas and jumped at the chance to review them. Beyond Meridian is the first of these novellas, all of which are released at the same time. On the whole I liked it but there were a few disappointments, most noticeably with the world-building.

One of the things I particularly like about sci-fi is its abilit
Bookwatcher
Nov 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
Captain Rick Raine is the last hope for Karl. He want to save his friend, Sam, and the name Rick have an starship and his name is know everywhere.

I enjoy immensely both characters, loved the action and was a little annoyed by the narration... its the only problem I found in this book... the sudden change of narrators, that sometimes let me VERY confused.

So: great sci-fi , not long and boring sex scenes to kill the action and a perfect characters is the reason of my 4 stars.

And let me expend few
Nikyta *Miss Forgetful*
I really liked this one. It had a lot of suspense and action and the story felt more along the lines of a novel instead of a novella so that's good. It means the story had enough in it I wasn't left completely lost or completely bored. It had a nice in between that had me invested in the story.

I liked both Raine and Karl. Raine is the typical mercenary, only taking cargo and jobs when he wants to. Karl, however, is much more than he seems. He has a lot of layers to him that slowly start to peel
Elisa Rolle
Crimson by Ethan X. Thomas

Crimson is an alternative reality story from all the possible perspectives you look at it. First of all, the prejudice here is not given by the fact that Benjamin is gay, but by the fact that Adam, his partner is of a different breed.

Benjamin and Adam are different in all possible aspects other than one, their sex, and this is the only thing that seems to not arising trouble. Benjamin is 44 years old and still mourning the betrayal of his former lover; he is an high le
Jennifer Lavoie
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I bought this book awhile ago and had it on my e-shelf to be read at some later point. I finally got around to reading it, and I'm so disappointed I didn't read it sooner. I absolutely LOVED this story. The setting was wonderful, the details of the ship-while sparse at times-were executed well. There were just enough details to leave me enjoying the scifi elements of the story while focusing on the characters.

Raine and Karl are both wonderful. Raine is a spacer who makes runs-legal and not-betw
Kassa
Jan 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Beyond Meridian is the second book (because I read it second) in the trio of stories in the Men in Space anthology. This is better than the first story and it’s packed with action and adventure for those thrill seeking readers. The characters are good with plenty of hot sex but this novella also includes a fully fleshed out and executed plot. The story is a little reminiscent of every other space story in existence but that familiarity shouldn’t bother too many readers as long as they know that ...more
J'aime
I ordered this because I truly enjoyed CC Bridges' SciFi novel, Angel 1089, and wanted to read more by the author. There are three novellas included. All are solid stories, but none of them fully pulled me in. I think this is because SciFi is so difficult to pull off in the short story format - the length means something is usually scarified (character development, world-building, plot, or the romance).

BEYOND MERIDIAN BY CC BRIDGES. This was my favorite of the three. Rick takes on Karl as passen
Serena Yates
Jan 29, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay
This is a good meld between an adventure/rescue, an interesting future world and characters who reveal who they really are bit by bit and only when they have no other choice. There is quite a bit of plot in this story and a lot of secrets.

I enjoyed following Raine and Karl on their trip to rescue a good friend of Karl's who's been sold into slavery. The two men gradually become closer as they learn to trust each other. Their relationship is almost entirely driven by lust, but there is a hint of
LutaWolf
Aug 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
I'm actually suprised by the low ratings here. I'm going to have to say that this is probably simply because we all have different tastes. It is a well written, exicuted story. The characters are not only detailed but intresting and amusing. The plot is familiar but good. However not everyone is into sci like this. I love aliens :) So it was and enjoyable read for me.
Anthony
Jun 03, 2015 rated it liked it
Liked the genre, liked the characters, liked the direction the story was going in. Didn't like the lack of detail in surround world and environment the characters had to exist in. The lens was too focused on the characters and needed to include the world they lived in.
I love creating new worlds slightly off-center from our own. I'm a writer of scifi, fantasy and the paranormal.

Check out my webpage for excerpts and find out what I'm currently working on!
More about C.C. Bridges...

Men in Space (3 books)
  • Crimson (Men in Space, #2)
  • Moonlust (Men in Space, #3)