Start by marking “Invitation Only” as Want to Read:
Invitation Only

Invitation Only (Private #2)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  9,876 Ratings  ·  328 Reviews
Reed Brennan's future is looking as bright as the two-karat diamonds in her new housemates' ears. Being accepted to the most prestigious private boarding school in the country wasn't enough for Reed. She had to break every rule to do it, but she has accomplished the impossible:

Reed is a Billings Girl now.

And with her new status come respect, envy, and, most important, op
Audio CD, 0 pages
Published August 31st 2009 by Tantor Media (first published November 1st 2006)

This was a YA contemporary story, set at a private boarding school.

Reed was put in a hard position in this, and didn’t seem to be able to find her way out of it. I was glad that she did eventually work out what do though.

The storyline in this continued with the Billings Girl’s making Reed do stuff for them and treating her like Cinderella, we also got a bit of blackmail happening, and an exclusive party that Reed was desperate to go to. We also got a bit of romance, with a different boy this tim
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Rereading this series for a video that I'm putting up on my channel at the end of the month. This one in particular wasn't quite as enjoyable as the first volume, but I remember the third one being mega scandalous. Like I said before, these books aren't exactly very good but they are like book crack and I can't stop. Ha
Maggie
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
After reading the first book of the Private series, I became hooked onto it like some sort of drug. I immediately began reading Invitation Only by Kate Brian, since I fell in love with the first book. Invitation Only is the continuation of Reed Brennan's new life at her boarding school, Easton Academy. When her boyfriend goes missing, Reed hopes he'll make a grand appearance at the highly exclusive Halloween party of the year, the Legacy. In order to get an invite, she leads on a guy who's in lo ...more
Jessica Lawlor
Oct 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2009
Oh yes, I’m officially sucked in to the Private series. Invitation Only is the second book in the Private series and now that I’m finished, I’m anxiously awaiting the arrival of book 3 at my library. I’ve already ordered the 4th book, so I can keep reading once I finish the next one.

Invitation Only continues the story of Reed Brennan who has just been invited by the fabulous Billings Girls to be a part of their inner circle and live in Billings Hall. Reed is excited because now, she’s in!

Little
Rachel Lightwood
Reed is one of the worst characters I have ever come across, which is probably why I am not enjoying this series much at all. If we could solely focus on the mysteries and suspense than I think that I could get into the books more, but instead we are forced to listen to Reed's inner monologue about how all she must be friends with these terrible, terrible people to get anywhere in life. Obviously, that's not true and it certainly doesn't get any sympathy from me. She choose to be in with these p ...more
Lady Entropy
There is something VERY VERY disturbingly wrong with the main character.

She sees abuse as "friendship". Her relationship to the Billings girls is pretty much "Oooh, they're awesome, and my life sucks, thus I need to be their friend to have a bright future."

Wait. Scratch that.

Now, that is the problem. She doesn't NEED to be their friend. No, that'd actually make the book good and the character deeper. She WANTS to. Oh, sure, she moans and complains about her mom and her life back home, but most o
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Randstostipher "tallnlankyrn" Nguyen for TeensReadToo.com

INVITATION ONLY, the second novel in the PRIVATE series, begins where we left off in the first book. Thomas went missing, one of the Billings Girls was expelled, and Reed Brennan finally moved into the dorm she had her eye on when she first came to the private school. But even though Reed was in the Billings house, that didn't exactly mean she was in the clique.

Turns out, the Billings Girls had a little hazing present for Reed
Sandra
Feb 27, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-one, novels
what life could be with boyfriends por doquier and beer!?
I started to like this book.

Can't believe that someone buys your friendship.

This book has some words that I shouldn't be reading(especially the dark side...), but they teach me the way that some americans think and express...
now I know some of the meaning of them, and I must thank to my personal "esl tutor" (I won't say your name 'cause you know who you are)
Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,Thank you,T
Abbie
Nov 11, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I still wasn't a fan of the characters in this, but some of them were alright.

There were still parts of this which bored me, and it dragged in areas because of it. I actually enjoyed this one slightly more than book one though, as the ending was quite good.

Overall, An okay sequel.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

Find this review, plus more, on my blog: Booklikes OR Blogger

Basic Info

Format:
Audio
Pages/Length: 6hrs
Genre: Young Adult; Private/Boarding School
Reason For Reading: Gosh idk.

At A Glance

In Depth

Best Part:
Ha.
Worst Part: The MC.
Thoughts Had: Shut the eff up please!

Conclusion

Cont
Rebecca
This was a pretty good second book in the series, but I am going to stop after this one and come back to the series at a later date.

The main character was again Reed and in this book she is part of the Billings (in slave format). Thomas, her love interest from the first book is missing and the Billings are pushing her to pursue another guy Whittaker.

The secondary characters are mainly the other Billings girls, and I suspect they will get more detail in future books

The storyline was OK, based v
Janelle Dazzlepants
✨ Ljubica ✨
Mar 09, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, 2017
im not sure how im just flying through these books but at the same time i do, theyre just so addicting.
ending was expected due to all the hints that were constantly dropped
on to the next one i go, wonder how many ill end up finishing today and with my weekend being free i just might complete the whole series
Lisa Croci
Jul 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love every book in this series, reminds me of high school days back in private school in CT. Girls only, fun times.
Jessica | Booked J
Sequels can often be a bore but in the case of the second novel in the best-selling Private series by Kate Brian, it's even better than our introduction to Easton. Invitation Only picks up immediately where Private ended and toys with us as we grow more and more captivated to the now-luxurious everyday life of Reed Brennan. Just a bit of time she's spent at her new, ultra-exclusive boarding school, Reed has found herself as the newest member of the campus' most notorious housing department: Bill ...more
Noa Meshorer
Invitation only , is the second book of the Private series. Reed is now a Billing girl and is accepted to be part of the group but she still has to do tasks for them in order to fully belong to their clique. Thomas disappearing is starting to make Reed and the others worried and an investigation is taking place in the whole school. A prestigious party named the "Legacy" is coming up soon and Reed is hoping to be invited because she heard that Thomas never misses it. Her only chance to go to this ...more
Christina
Reed Brennan is now part of the Billings Girls but her troubles are far from over. A handsy, bordering stalkerish guy enters the picture. Her new roommate Natalie blackmails her with incriminating photos. Her first ever friend at Easton is crushing on the guy who happens to be Reed's only ticket to the Legacy - an exclusive event, where Thomas, who disappeared, may or may not attend.

Invitation Only was as addictive and easy to read as Private. The story follows on seamlessly from Private. Major
Angelia Fransisca Rusli
In the end of book one, Reed finally moved to the Billings house. But who said that getting there means she's welcome there? Especially when Noelle gets her in by doing dirty tricks?

Moreover, boy problem. Now that Thomas is MIA, and no one knows his whereabouts & thus involving the police, Reed, as the girlfriend, has to keep up with people's questioning, staring & whispering -all directed at her. And with Josh Hollis in the picture, she might be ready to move on.

This series is getting
Merary
Invitation Only starts where Private left off.
Thomas Pearson is missing but everyone hopes that he comes to The Legacy, a super exclusive party. Reed Brennan is finally a Billing Girl, but she still has to prove that she's to be trusted. And a guy, Walt Whitaker, is infatuated with Reed, but Constance happens to like the guy too. Can the friendship survive?

Invitation Only was better than the first book, but I still find Reed Brennan boring. The ending is so shocking and unexpected that I can't
Christine
Feb 12, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The second book in Kate Brian's "Private" series...I'm reading any young adult books that my daughter may be interested in, to see if they're appropriate for her.

This one was a little more mature than Private, but not more than she should know at this point. It added a bit of mystery this time, instead of simply a girl trying to get into the upper echelon at a private school. The next book will, hopefully, solve that mystery.
Ranya Kassem
Nov 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 8th-grade
I really liked this book. Reed had learned new things and lessons also in mysterious ways. Every book I read by this author I enjoy. I like how this author adds problems that we can't predict what's going to happen or we predict the opposite. I'd rather read books that are mysterious than books that are predictable which is why I read books that are by Kate Brian.
Nikita Jesso
Oct 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Krystal
A while ago I bought a stack of these books super cheap online and I finally decided I should probably read them. The first one was absolute rubbish, but since I had this one as well and I was looking for a quick read I figured I might as well give it a go.
So expecting it to be absolute crap, this was slightly more bearable. It's still full of the same cringe-worthy cliches as the first one but at least this one has a little more action going on.
Reed Brennan has to be hands down the most unlikab
Melissa
"I was one of them now. I had ascended to greatness at Easton.Though if someone asked me to sit down and tell them how I had done it, I would be rendered speechless. Last I checked, I had pissed them all off by continuing to talk to my boyfriend, Thomas Pearson, of whom none of them approved. I thought I had lost them forever by going behind their backs and offering to stick with him and help him through his issues. Instead, I had apparently impressed them."

SO, Reed is finally a 'Billings Girl
Shawna
Reed's blackmailed.
Reed needs to do some snooping on the Billings top 4.
Reed frets over her missing bae.
Reed becomes faltered that Josh and Whit like her.
Reed thinks Whit can't kiss.
Reed betrays Thomas.
Reed betrays Constance.
Reed gets to be Whit's +One.
Reed goes to a party with masks.
Reed breaks it off with Whit.
Reed stumbles on some girls making out.
Ding. Dong. Thomas is dead.

Completely ridiculous but addicting.
Tina
May 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One more that I listened to the audio book of. I actually liked this one a little bit better than the first book in the series. I'm not sure if they would of held my interest for long if I would have read them, but they worked for background as I did other things.
Nicolette C
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read this book before and LOVED IT! Does anyone else ship Josh and Reed?
Holly
Private #1 was our introduction to the world of Easton Academy and book 2 (Invitation Only) is more of an introduction to Billings. That's right, our girl Reed is now officially a Billings Girl! But it's not all it's cracked up to be. Reed thinks that she has finally made it, but things don't go as she's planned. She thought the hazing was over, but turns out that as the newest resident of Billings she's expected to be the resident slave. That's right, making everyone's beds, dusting, washing wi ...more
Juliana V
Feb 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paperback Princess
"Invitation Only" is the 2nd book to the "Private" series. Reed Brennan, the main character is now a Billings Girl. This was her main objective in "Private" and she has finally moved into the Billings Dorm, but she starts to sense that she is not truly recognised as being one of them. The Billing girls make her the dorm maid, she must clean the building as well as their rooms daily, making their beds and so forth. When they go for their meals she then becomes their waitress as she gets their foo ...more
Private Novel: Students 1 3 Jan 22, 2014 02:00PM
Charries 1 7 Nov 06, 2013 06:20PM
Easton Accademy 20 years later 1 17 Nov 06, 2013 06:15PM
  • Reckless (It Girl, #3)
  • Tall Cool One (A-List, #4)
  • Skinny-Dipping
Kate Brian is the author of the SHADOWLANDS TRILOGY (SHADOWLANDS, HEREAFTER & ENDLESS), as well as the New York Times bestselling PRIVATE and PRIVILEGE series, and the wildly popular MEGAN MEADE'S GUIDE TO THE MCGOWAN BOYS. She also writes teen fiction under the name Kieran Scott.
More about Kate Brian...

Private (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Private (Private, #1)
  • Untouchable (Private, #3)
  • Confessions (Private, #4)
  • Inner Circle (Private, #5)
  • Legacy (Private, #6)
  • Ambition (Private, #7)
  • Revelation (Private, #8)
  • Paradise Lost (Private, #9)
  • Suspicion (Private, #10)
  • Scandal (Private, #11)

“Half delirious, I slipped my hands around Whit's thick neck. The second Idid he got confident.His mouth moved over mine in a rough, unpracticed, awkward back-and-forth motion, so fast it was as if he was trying to create fire with our lips.” 22 likes
“Unfortunately, I had a feeling I would never get to my bed as the vacuuming would strike me dead of an aneurysm. Death by Dyson." - Reed” 3 likes