Start by marking “These Boots Are Made for Stalking” as Want to Read:
These Boots Are Made for Stalking

These Boots Are Made for Stalking (The Clique #12)

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  4,764 Ratings  ·  153 Reviews
The twelfth novel in the #1 New York Times bestselling series about Westchester County's most exclusive private middle school girls.
Published March 9th 2010 by Turtleback Books (first published July 15th 2009)

To ask other readers questions about These Boots Are Made for Stalking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about These Boots Are Made for Stalking

Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Normally I can handle "The Clique" series. This one made me want to barf.

Massie and her group of too good for you friends, decide they need an "upgrade" on their eight grade crushes. They decide that they are ALSO too good for the boys they were just obsessing over about five minutes ago. All of them except for Kuh-laire.

Sep 06, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition

Rachel
Mar 26, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: ppl who r looking for advice and tips on being a betch
Recommended to Rachel by: a piece of sh*t
I only read this book because i read the other books in the series and i needed to finish them, so i saw this book and bought it. I expected it to be bad because the previous books in the series started to get really bad. My expectation was correct because it was horrible. They think 8th grade boys are so immature really truly they are. I mean they were like "Omg you guys are totally going to LIP-KISS tonight", why lip-kiss, what about make out or like just KISS. Also they call their boyfriends ...more
Alexis Jade
Normally I can handle "The Clique" series. This one made me want to barf.

And so Massie goes back to her controlling "Lycra" or whatever it is ways, demanding and acting like she owns everyone. Kuh-laire, bless her gu
Lauren
Oct 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bridgit Barger
Aug 13, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Revisiting this favorite series of mine from middle school is like looking through old pictures of myself from that time period: they make me cringe, but I'm also filled with an overwhelming sense of nostalgia.

I hadn't read books #11-14 of this series, so slowly finding out what's going on with this gaggle of catty girls is very entertaining. It also solidifies my love for Claire Lyons. I can't wait to finish the rest of the books!
♪♫_Journey_♫ ♪
wow i really don't know what to say about this book except that cant wait to read the next. war between Claire and Massie should be good. TEAM CLAIRE!!!!!!!...lol...
Beth T.
Nov 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Beth Tobio
Ms. Hayes
Period 2
11/10/12
These Boots are Made for Stalking by Lisi Harrison, is about a group of five alpha girls who together, call themselves the pretty committee. This book is from a serious of books based off the original book by Lisi Harrison, The Clique. I have read most of the books from this series and they all have lots of drama. The story starts off on Halloween night in Westchester, New York. Four out of the five girls have boyfriends in their grade, which is eighth grade.
Jazmine
Apr 30, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Clique fans
Massie wants the PC to upgrade their “immature” 8th grade crushes to older, 9th grade ones. Claire is not with it as she is happy with Cam. She believes this is ridiculous and unfair, so tries with the help of Layne to get them to see that so they stick with the 8th grade boys but fails. She also feels herself drifting apart from the PC and searches for a niche of friends that fit her. The other girls move forward with their crushes but Massie finds herself feeling doubtful as to whether Landon ...more
Alex
Jul 14, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book series, despite being vapid, is so addicting. I usually love each and every one of them. This one disappointed me a bit, though. It really seems like they are recycling plots over and over again. Everyone is finally back together, just so Claire and Massie can declare war on each other all over again.

*yawn*

And also - there was not nearly enough of the other girls in this book. After being willing to quit the PC over their crushes in the last book, they just tossed them aside like yeste
Jul 18, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book wuz Uh-mazing as all of the books in this series are. I like them because they show the insucre side of the "popular girls." I like how Massie can be completly insucure on the inside but still manages to fire back a snapy come-back. I like how Lisi's writting style she describes the girls appearence so well that I can create an exact image in my head. This book in particular didn't have that much going on in it but it still kept my interest and made me want to read more.
Zoha
Aug 31, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Um.................................................... trampires really?? All these girl would get a slap each if I wasn't inside thier heads. It's good but the characters are getting me angry.
Bookluver
Mar 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very good book kind'a like all of them....a lot of drama. but hey, everyone needs a little bit of drama in their life.... ;)
Asia
Apr 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
sometimes upgrades are good
Mary Elizabeth
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The force of “These Boots Are Made for Stalking” is that its author, Ms. Lisi Harrison, make use of the plot's predictable overabundant teenage dramatics (the concept of the ”upgrade”) to teach her readers, particularly tweens and teenagers, two important life lessons. Those being that one, happiness cannot be artificially manufactured and two, the essence of a relationship is its comfort. Now, off to eagerly read the next book in the Clique series, “My Little Phony” to discover the future of Ma ...more
Johana Tarango
The thing about these books is you have to be within the age group to read and like. I used to love these in middle school but as i am now in my mid twenties, i don't get the same fascination. Yet they are still good. I can see why i was obsessed.
706Kaya
this book was really funny and suspenseful. However it was kind or repetitive after a little bit.
Stephanie Weeks
FOREVER SHIPPING MB+LC
also that fucking ending omg omg omg yes!!!?
Emily.V
This book was like another climax in the Clique series. Back together again, the Clique is stronger the Bumble and Bumble hold conditioner. But after a accident containing Massie's designer shoe and Landon Crane's(Massie's new 9th grade crush) dog "Bark Obama". Now she decides the Clique must "upgrade" their crushes, because Massie has trust issues with 9th grade crushes. Everyone is into it, EXCEPT Kuh-Laire.She doesn't want to ditch her most adorable crush EVER, but Massie wants her to, or she ...more
luhvBOOKS
Title: These Boots Are Made for Stalking

Author: Lisi Harrison

Series: The Clique #12

Rating: ★★★★

Summary: Can I get an upgrade?
Massie Block: Now that Massie's in luh-v with a freshman at ADD, it's time for the Pretty Committe to upgrade--literally. Armed with glossy hair, juicy gossip, and enough confidence to impress the ninth grade set, Massie can walk the walk. But when she catches Landon hanging out with a bird-tattooed mystery girl, will she have to stalk the hawk?
Alicia Rivera: Thought she a
Brianna F
I was really into These Boots are Made for Stalking. It was very much like my life as an eighth grader but, with way more drama than you could ever think of. The things that this group of girls are just crazy dramatic and full of fashion.
I like how this book really pulls you in when the girls begin to lie to each other and crush on boys older then them. I really did not like it at times though because some parts I would just not get and have to read the section over and over until I get it. Thi
Kamilah
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I applaud Lisi for being completely up to date with the fashion and celeb world and highlighting this material girl over and over again. But I think I can finally say that reading about all the detailed descriptions of their fashion and blah is finally getting to me. I get it, they're totally fashionable.

But once you push back all those clothes and dodge the perfume, you find the story which was good. As always, I like when these girls start to grow up, though it looks like Kristen, Dylan, and A
Zemika White
Nov 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 8th
I thought this book was cool. It wasn't all that intriguing to read but it was addictive enough. That I wanted to read more and more. Im for Claire I feel she was the one I connected with most in the book. I'm glad she found true friends who didn't care if she was. Never trying not even once looking at her like she was below or 'In need of an upgrade' I also loved how she even though the Pretty Committee was trying to upgrade her crush in which was Cam. She didn't want a older guy she didn't wan ...more
Kayla
d like to start off by saying that I used to luh-v the Clique series. My friends and I were obsessed with them, anxiously waiting for the next to come out. About four years and 12 books into the series, I think it's safe to say that the Pretty Committee should retire. permanently. I recently looked it up and there are at least 2 more books planned to be released in the future! NOO. Ms. Harrison, the Clique is on a downward spiral. Every book has the same plot: Massie decides she's changed for th ...more
Rebekah Faith
Not Lisi's best. I was concerned while reading this that I would have to give it lower than a three- heck, I was worried about giving it a three! (but look where we ended up.)

Massie has a ninth grade 'crush' (Landon), and she wants the rest of the PC to upgrade to 'ninth' like her. Alicia, Kristen and Dylan all follow her 'orders' like you would expect them to- dropping Derrick, Dempsey and Josjh respectively. But Claire is still hung up on Cam (and rightfully so, in my opinion). So most of the
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Jennifer Rummel for TeensReadToo.com

With Massie crushing on a ninth grade boy, she's decided that the Pretty Committee must all upgrade, as well. Dylan, Kristen, and Alicia can't wait to fall for someone new, but there's no way Claire is giving up Cam. If only she could make Massie understand. She sets out determined to change her alpha's mind.

Meanwhile, Massie's still trying to understand ninth grade rules and how to approach Landon. When she realizes that he's hanging out with othe
Emmaline Niskanen
Feb 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In my opinion, "These Boots are Made for Stalking" by Lisi Harrison is a good book. I really like how the author kept me wanting to read til the end. I also like how the author made this book suspenseful. This book was great, and I am sure that anyone who reads it can agree.

Massie Block is on top of the world; her friends are back together and she has a ninth grade crush whose crushing back. When Massie gives her crush, Landon a spy cam for his dog she uses it for keeping and eye on him. So wh
Hannah
Mar 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Danielle
My feelings about this clique book were sort f mixed. It may have been because I'm out growing this series, as the characters are only in the 8th grade, and I really can't relate to what is going on with them anymore. ( they were hard to relate to in the first place, but in middle school and my early high school years I related to them a lot more.) the books themselves are getting ridiculous as well, not nearly as good as the earlier books were. This one, massie gets so desperate to find out thi ...more
Lydia (ps_i_still_read_you)
It's always interesting to see Massie's insecurities come out. I'm honestly kind of surprised that she doesn't share her feelings with her friends. That's what they're there for: to help lift each other up. But you can't do that if you're constantly trying to prove that you're so alpha. If you can't be vulnerable with you're friends, who can you be vulnerable with?
Massie sort of went back to her Lycra ways especially when it came to Claire. The Pretty Committee is really tough on Claire so I com
Service Wika Bekasi 081314574443 1 1 Nov 16, 2015 08:43AM
The Stalker Commi...: Randomnesssssss 17 8 Sep 13, 2013 04:09PM
need 2 read 5 81 Jun 28, 2012 08:11AM
  • Star Power (Talent, #3)
  • The Good, the Fab, and the Ugly (Poseur, #2)
  • Devious (It Girl, #9)
  • Paparazzi Princess (Secrets of My Hollywood Life, #4)
  • Scandal (Private, #11)
  • Jealous? (The Ashleys, #2)
Lisi Harrison is the author of the #1 New York Times best-selling series "The Clique", "Alphas", "Monster High," Pretenders," and her first adult novel: "The Dirty Book Club" out 10.10.17. Lisi was born in Toronto, Canada, and lived in NYC for 15 years while she worked at MTV. She now lives in Laguna Beach, CA and is a member or her own Dirty Book Club.

More about Lisi Harrison...

The Clique (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • The Clique (The Clique, #1)
  • Best Friends for Never (The Clique, #2)
  • Revenge of the Wannabes (The Clique, #3)
  • Invasion of the Boy Snatchers (The Clique, #4)
  • The Pretty Committee Strikes Back (The Clique, #5)
  • Dial L for Loser (The Clique, #6)
  • It's Not Easy Being Mean (The Clique, #7)
  • Sealed with a Diss (The Clique, #8)
  • Bratfest at Tiffany's (The Clique, #9)
  • P.S. I Loathe You (The Clique, #10)

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
  • Beautiful Malice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
    $6.24 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Perfected (Perfected #1)
    $5.99 $0.99
  • Speak Easy, Speak Love
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99