Start by marking “Keeping Abreast: Ways to Prevent Breast Cancer” as Want to Read:
Keeping Abreast: Ways to Prevent Breast Cancer

Keeping Abreast: Ways to Prevent Breast Cancer

Breast cancer will strike one out of every 8 women. It is the disease women dread the most. It can disfigure, mutilate and scar womanhood; and its therapy can impair quality of life. Yet there is no concentrated medical effort to prevent it. Physicians focus is on early detection. They simply do not counsel their patients on breast cancer prevention. This book provides cle ...more
Published September 29th 2008 by Strategic Book Publishing & Rights Agency, LLC (first published August 19th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Keeping Abreast, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Keeping Abreast

Start your review of Keeping Abreast: Ways to Prevent Breast Cancer
Tiffany
Couldn't finish this book ... due to a variety of reasons. It's not my area of medicine, for one thing. I did want to read it because a colleague who specializes in oncology recommended it to me, and I enjoyed it for statements like this: progesterone, a natural molecule, cannot be patented. Quite understandably the drug company altered the molecule to make the patentable medroxy-progesterone (Provera) and called it Progestin. Over time the difference between progesterone and Progesin blurred. E ...more
Karen
Oct 07, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-nightstand
One of the joys of aging is the need to actually make an effort to maintain the good health that I was blessed with in my youth. This book is a very readable explanation of breast cancer and a review of the literature on healthy habits for prevention. Guess what? Exercise, eat vegies, maintain your weight, don't drink. Nevertheless, I found the book to be very informative and have made a few changes based upon Dr. Mahmud's recommendations.
Andrea
Jun 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Andrea by: my doctor
Shelves: health, nonfiction
My doctor highly recommended this book to me. It is a great medical book (lots of data and references to back up the author's claims) and it is written in a manner that is understandable to people without medical training. Even so, I think I'm going to have to read it again to really comprehend everything. I feel that I have a greater understanding of how hormones, vitamins, etc. function and it gave me some tips on what I can do to help improve my health.
Leyland
Nov 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: all women!
This book is awesome! Though if you think about it, most of the stuff he writes about is not like a huge breakthrough... It all makes sense pretty much. I recommend this to all women just because: 1/7 women get breast cancer and the process is NOT pretty.
Robin