Start by marking “Your Money and Your Man: How You and Prince Charming Can Spend Well and Live Rich” as Want to Read:

“Money may not be able to buy you love, but conflicts about it can certainly bankrupt your relationship.”
–Michelle Singletary

Here at last is the lowdown on how to manage your finances with the man in your life. Money is the #1 problem couples fight about, says beloved Washington Post financial columnist Michelle Singletary. Acknowledging that most fights about money are us
Published January 31st 2006 by Random House (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Your Money and Your Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Your Money and Your Man

Gwen
Good basic information, but not what I was looking for

I can’t really fault Michelle Singletary for that, though—this book is classic Singletary heteronormative advice with a side of Christianity (both of which I could do without in my personal finance needs), which she makes no attempt to hide in her columns and chats for The Washington Post. I knew what I was getting into, but I had hoped that she would provide some of the advice I was seeking: money advice for serious relationships that have p
Heidi
Jun 30, 2008 Heidi rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book for anyone who's getting married, looking at getting married, is married, or is co habing. It lays out easy, straightforward rules to dealing with money and monetary issues and provides a framework within which you and your significant other may set up ground rules. I found it very helpful and I consider myself to be rather good with money... sometimes... But this book actually helped me alot! Some of the info is straightforaward but others is really good!
Susan
Feb 18, 2009 Susan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: adult
This book gives good information on personal finances, and basic investments. The author also addresses the relationship between you and your man. All her advice appears to be sound. Her descriptions of the different kind of personal investments were especially good, simple and thorough.
Mary
Feb 24, 2009 Mary rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marriage
If I could have asked for a book to be written, and required that it made sense of money and relationships, this would be the book.
Anastasia
Apr 06, 2011 Anastasia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like & recommend this book to anyone at any stage in a relationship looking for a light-hearted way to talk about finances, though the title is a bit misleading.
Linsey
Oct 13, 2010 Linsey rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010-challenge
Good info, well-written.
Aug 23, 2007 Laura rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Since I have already been married for 9 years, I didn't start reading until Chapter 13.
Elise
Jul 28, 2011 Elise rated it liked it
This book is full of good solid advice, but not much new material for me.
Lauren
Lauren rated it really liked it
May 01, 2009
Maya Solomon
Maya Solomon rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2014
Thekeyofdana
Thekeyofdana rated it really liked it
Jan 27, 2014
Mindy
Mindy rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2008
Melissa
Melissa rated it liked it
Apr 02, 2012
Meg
Meg rated it liked it
Mar 30, 2008
Ally
Ally rated it liked it
May 08, 2013
Linda Olson
Linda Olson rated it it was amazing
Feb 28, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2009
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Jul 02, 2008
Deidre
Deidre rated it it was ok
Aug 25, 2009
Rachel Smalter Hall
Rachel Smalter Hall rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2012
Caitlyn
Caitlyn rated it really liked it
Feb 02, 2012
Ann
Ann rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2007
Laura rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2009
Jenifer
Jenifer rated it really liked it
Jun 01, 2011
Kelly Foster
Kelly Foster rated it really liked it
Nov 24, 2013
Noelle
Noelle rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2007
Kristin King
Kristin King rated it really liked it
Sep 01, 2014
A.C. Bellamy
A.C. Bellamy rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2015
Emily
Emily rated it liked it
Jun 13, 2015
Kerry
Kerry rated it really liked it
Jul 23, 2012