Start by marking “Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3)

Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)

4.37  ·  Rating details ·  281,014 Ratings  ·  10,148 Reviews
It’s springtime at St. Vladimir’s Academy and Rose is close to graduation, but since making her first Strigoi kills, things haven’t felt quite right. She’s having dark thoughts, behaving erratically, and worst of all... might be seeing ghosts.

Consumed by her forbidden love with her tutor Dimitri and protecting her best friend, the Moroi princess Lissa, Rose is in no state
Published February 4th 2010 by Puffin (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Shadow Kiss, please sign up.

Silvia Grigová yea I agree with you. I was reading the book until 2am. because I wanted to finish it really badly. And I think I cried my eyes out. :(
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Naomi I hope they will find a cure or something :((((

Popi G.
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"It won't happen to you. You're too strong. You'll fight it, just like you did this
time."
"I only did because you were here."
He wrapped his arms around me, and I buried my face in his chest. "I can't do it by myself," I whispered.
"You can," he said. There was a tremulous note in his voice. "You're strong—you're so, so strong. It's why I love you.”

“Don't worry, little dhampir. You might be surrounded by clouds, but you'll always be like sunshine to me.”

Oh my god!!! I can't!!! That ending br
Kristi
Jul 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible! This series continues to get better. This is one of the best vampire themed series’ out there. After my disappointment with other series’ losing there touch, I have to say that it is not the case with these books. Everything that initially drew me in is still there and then some. I’ve been in anticipation for this book for a long time, and when I finally got a copy it trumped everything else!

There were parts of the story that I figured out, and even though I wanted the novel to end
Shannon (formerly The Holy Terror)
I think I have to assume that something devastating will happen in every series that Mead writes. With this one I was pretty much crying from the last 40 pages until the end. Talk about heartbreaking! I sort of saw what was going to happen coming but it didn't make it any less horrible. I'm actually still feeling the effects of this novel and I had to quickly order the next two books to find out what happens.

On the heels of the death of her friend, Rose finds out that she's going to start six w
Maggie
I can't write a proper review for this. My little heart is too broken for it.
THAT ENDING

Okay okay I just hope the other books are good as well. I mean, I've heard this one is the best one so far and then it all just fades. Maybe the hype will fade maybe it'll grow I don't know. But I just hope Richelle Mead doesn't disappoint with them.
Rose
Well holy shiiiiiiiiiit @ the end of this.
Kimi
Buddy read with the lovely Yasmin

Finishing this book and running to Goodreads like

So this book started off really well. I think this might be one of those series that get more interesting with each new book. But that ending! Why did nobody warn me? The worst part is that I don't even have the next book.

(view spoiler)
Kat Kennedy
Mar 22, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So far, Shadow Kiss is my favorite book in the series. Richelle Mead steps up her game on a number of fronts, in my opinion.

Plot, characterization, style, pacing and romance. All of these receive a marked improvement.

The VA world becomes more real, relatable and defined. The relationship become more involved, less childish and the main character, Rose, receives a healthy dose of adulthood.

I am coming to really enjoy these books. I wouldn't have continued past the first one without the encouragem
Courtney
Sep 03, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the twilight series
Shelves: teens, horror
Clau R.
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
OH MY GOD with this book. I can't believe it. I'm crying right now :(. I wasn't expecting that. THAT. Oh, this book was amazing and I loved it, but the ending broke my heart.
Taneika
Jul 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I HAVE SO MANY EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW AND I CAN'T STOP CRYING.
Why did I think reading this series would be a good idea, WHY?
☆ ĄňŊǡƂėƮĦ ☆ ŞŧŎŋė
5/5

OH MY GOSH! I am so upset right now after reading that ending! I seriously have tears in my eyes. I have to collect my thoughts before I write a full review.

So that 30 minutes did about nothing to help me get over that ending. I was basically depressed and now desperate to read the next one.

This book has to be my favorite book ever. There subplots and subplots. The whole Strigoi problems, relationships, mystery ghosts, and again relationships there were no pauses and that was very good.

Dimitr
Etnik
Dec 24, 2014 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
DNF 10%

description

Can't continue with this.It's so cheesy and I never liked the main character and I don't feel like reading about vampires anymore.
Norah Una Sumner
description

I feel like it doesn't get better than this.Rose is finally becoming more mature,the whole story was really interesting and captivating,there are a lot of serious issues and topics included in this book and the characters are finally starting to feel...real.If that makes any sense.That ending was so intense-I would have never ever thought that a Vampire Academy novel was going to make me cry but it really happened.I don't think that the rest of the series can take this book off the throne when i
Emily May
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal-uf, 2011

There's no denying it, I loved this third book in the series (probably best of all) and I finished it with all kinds of feelings and thoughts running through my head. The ending leaves the reader on such a cliffhanger and the fact that I am constantly being warned against reading book 4 just makes it all the worse. I want to know what happens... damn it, I NEED to know what happens. Can that possibly be it? (view spoiler)

I've com
Rachel E. Carter
I'll admit, the ending rocked because of what it means for R&D. There is nothing I love more than a lovers-turned-enemies storyline....
Pearl Angeli
(I realized that I wasn't able to make a review of this book. Lol. I'm sorry) :D

Anyways, Shadow Kiss is the third installment of the Vampire Academy series. I loved this sequel because everything that happened here was remarkable. I saw the strength of character Rose was able to develop. I also loved the romance between her and Dimitri. The whole book was also filled with adrenaline-pulling action scenes which were a lot better than the first two books.

The great aspect of this book was the clim
Heather 'Bookables'
Apr 09, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I didn't really enjoy the first two books of the Vampire Academy Series but I adored this one! Shadow Kiss has a ton more action & I actually feel for the characters!
Rose is quickly becoming one of my all time favorite female characters. She is strong, smart and not taken lightly.
Lissa- I'm not really a huge fan of Lissa. I mean I like her don't get me wrong but I just feel like she could be more.
Dimitri- There's nothing more to be said.

This is very true.

Christian- I am beginning to like
♔ Leah.
☆ ★ Spoilers ahead, you have been warned ☆ ★

I think this book kind of made me love this series because it went on a level that no other YA book went before and I was very happy about the fact that Richelle Mead took a risk, but looking back in hindsight at this series? I was wrong, terribly wrong but let’s save that for when I do reviews of Spirit Bound and Last Sacrifice, shall we?

In Shadow Kiss, Rose is suffering the trauma of the Spokane incident and Mason’s death- which adds another twist: s
Juliana Zapata
Dec 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
En este libro las emociones no hacen mas que aumentar a cada página, llegas a un punto en que la acción, la pasión, el romance y el peligroso no te dejan parar de leer.

Hasta ahora mi favorito de la saga. Ademas el final esta de muerte, no puedo creer ninguna de las cosas que pasaron al final de este libro.

Reseña Completa: http://bastvilard.blogspot.com/2015/0...
Μaria Vrisanaki
"Τρέξε!" μου φώναξε ξανά.
Έτρεξα, μαζί με τα δάκρυα που έτρεχαν ποτάμι στο πρόσωπό μου.

Και τα δικά μου, Ρόουζ! Και τα δικά μου!
Dan
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sobs, owned
Let me express my feelings of this book by using this gif

description

That pretty much sums up my feelings for this book.
Jianne
Shadow Kiss is the third installment in The Vampire Academy Series and it is by far, my favorite book in the series! I mean, how can I not? It's so good!

Adele won 6 Grammy in the past Grammay's. What does she have to say about the book?

Adele approves!

Summary

Shadow Kiss continues the story of the main character, Rose Hathaway and her education in becoming a Guardian. Rose knows it is forbidden to love another guardian. Her best friend Lissa- the last Dragomir princess- must always come first. U
Lena
The worst cliffhanger in the history of cliffhangers. And all the feels on top of it. I feel dizzy...
Muse-ic ♬
**Don't worry about spoilers. I'll tell you when they're coming.

REREAD: HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE! I've read this two whole times. This is my second time. I know exactly what is going to happen and I was unfortunately spoiled about the ending of this book before I even read it the first time. I've always known what was going to happen.
.....
So.............HOW THE F*CK AM I STILL SUFFERING EMOTIONALLY?! I'm experiencing a nice slow torture session still! My chest hurts and I just CANNOT do this!!
I've
elena
"I set off, off to kill the man I loved."

4.5
WOW. Definitely the most intense book in the series so far! I even teared up a bit at the end!
Mitabird
Jan 02, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya, paranormal, re-read
Shadow Kiss started off slow, but ended up being great. I really like how Ms. Mead takes things to a level where not everything has a happy ending. It has realistic qualities for being a young adult paranormal book. I felt Rose's pain and confusion as she struggled with what she had to deal with being "shadow kissed". I enjoyed her interactions with Lissa, Dmitri and Adrian. Even though I inadvertently knew a big piece of the story, it didn't happen as I envisioned. This book has a lot of heart, ...more
Pineapplez ♡
Aug 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: august, 2015, summer-2015
OMFG.
My heart...
My fu*&ing heart...

Jilly
I rarely thought about Dimitri as someone with a life away from me.

You know who else thinks people disappear when they leave the room? Infants. It's a concept that they have to grow out of - figuring out that people have lives apart from when they are in the child's presence. It's called "Object Permanence" and according to my old psychology book, a child should have fully developed object permanence by the age of 2.

In other words, although Rose shows signs of maturity on rare occasions, she h
Jul 04, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: people who can handle it none of you twilight-happy ending people
what to say about this book... i just finished it and it was really good but some people will be very angry about it not to give too much away. and just to tell you rose does make a huge decision in this book and it's mind blowing. i liked it because it continued on in the infamous manner of the series not to give too much away. defiantly a must read series and it left a wide opening for the next book to be awesome. there's not really much to say i really liked it but it makes you sad just like ...more
YA Buddy Readers'...: Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead --> Reading from "Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy #3)" from June 16th 2017 797 466 Aug 29, 2017 12:33PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead - Restarting June 5th 2017 77 96 May 17, 2017 02:11PM
Book Obsessed: August 2017: Shadow Kiss #3 1 2 May 16, 2017 07:56PM
Did you cry? 62 231 Apr 23, 2017 10:57AM
endovex 1 3 Mar 20, 2017 04:27AM
Ghosts on plane 2 17 Jul 31, 2016 09:10PM
2017 Reading Chal...: Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead 1 6 Jun 25, 2016 12:18PM
  • Carpe Corpus (The Morganville Vampires, #6)
  • Betrayals (Strange Angels, #2)
  • Revelations (Blue Bloods, #3)
  • Deity (Covenant, #3)
  • Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress, #4)
  • The Coffin Club (Vampire Kisses, #5)
  • Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction
  • Hard Bitten (Chicagoland Vampires, #4)
  • The Chosen (Night World, #5)
  • Chosen (House of Night, #3)
  • If I Die (Soul Screamers, #5)
  • Haunted (The Mediator, #5)

A life-long reader, Richelle has always loved mythology and folklore. When she can actually tear herself away f
More about Richelle Mead...

Vampire Academy (6 books)
  • Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)
  • Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2)
  • Blood Promise (Vampire Academy, #4)
  • Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
  • Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

20 trivia questions
11 quizzes
More quizzes & trivia...
“You will lose what you value most, so treasure it while you can.” 2669 likes
“What's up?" I asked.

You tell me," he said. "You were the one about ready to start making out with Adrian."

It was an experiment," I said. "It was part of my therapy."

What the hell kind of therapy are you in?”
2584 likes