Start by marking “Always the Bridesmaid” as Want to Read:
Always the Bridesmaid

Always the Bridesmaid

3.11  ·  Rating details ·  54 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Amy Edler is a baker, not a wedding planner! But along with making her best friend's wedding cake, Amy finds herself planning the wedding--with only her friend's disapproving big brother for help!
Gorgeous entrepreneur Jared Shaw hasn't made his millions letting other people run the show. So, although he's normally allergic to weddings, he has rolled up his sleeves and is
Published July 1st 2009 by Harlequin Presents

To ask other readers questions about Always the Bridesmaid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Always the Bridesmaid

Lizzy Chandler
Nov 26, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I hadn't read a Harlequin Mills & Boon (except those written by friends) for a very long time when I won three books, Nina Harrington's story among them. I'm pretty sure this was Harrington's breakthrough novel to get published in this field. Such books are always great to analyse for craft as the authors have usually spent many years honing their manuscript and their skills. (Later books sometimes disappoint as the authors don't have the luxury of a single focus, and they ...more
Susan
Jul 30, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: harlequin-mills
This is Nina Harrington's debut novel and I enjoyed it very much.

Always the Bridesmaid is a delightful story with a lovely hero & heroine. It has laugh-out-loud moments as well as an emotional undertone which is believable. It's a rewarding journey to share with the characters - especially as Amy is a wonderful baker. Be warned the descriptions will make your mouth water...

Nell
Jul 14, 2009 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A lovely first book from debut author Nina Harrington. The heroine is empathetic and sweet and the descriptions of cake will make you drool.
Valeria Zapata

**2.5 Stars**

Always a Bridesmaid..

The title is misleading.
I thought that the main character, Amy Edler ,
would be the last amongst a group of friends who has not married yet, and who has been a bridesmaid several times,
or
I at least thought the book would be similar to the movie/book
"27 Dresses" But, it was not the case.
The one and only time that the author ever mentions Amy as a bridesmaid is for the up and coming wedding of her friend,
Lucy Shaw.

In addition to having a misleading title,
If y
Writerlibrarian
Okay contemporary romance. The two leads are pretty much the only characters in the story. The rest of the characters are names on the page which is kinda sad. Both lead characters are intriguing and you want to cheer for them both. But... the whole what happened to Amy (I went through a few options none of them the right one) becomes tiresome way before the reveal. Still Jared and Amy courtship is a nice twist on the love at first sight trope. The whole wedding thing is window dressing and not ...more
Violet90
Mar 11, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
It was okay I thought it would be really good and funny. It had its' momemts but it isn't something I would read again. I liked the heroine and the hero they were both a good couple but I think the author should have gave us an epilogue after few years they have been together because they get together at the end of the book and when they do bam. there's the epilogue. So I just wanted to see more of them together.
Ms_prue
I liked the story a lot, but the writing style put me off a little - every so often it would just jerk me out of the story. Harrington uses a lot of short, punchy sentences that are quite fragmented and can be confusing. And some of the dialogue scans oddly - words aren't contracted that usually would be, in speech, and in the same passages where other contractions are used without hesitation.
Editing nit-picking aside, it was a sweet story and I can definitely recommend it.
June
Apr 05, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
The story line was good and I liked the characters. There were issues they had to figure out and learn how to live around. Jared did change his mind awful fast about having kids...

I also liked how he pointed out to Amy that we all have scars, some are inside and not visible to everyone else.
Hans
Nov 07, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was an alright book. Got me going, but nothing remarkable.
Carla Flask
Feb 04, 2012
Carla
Sep 22, 2011
Loren Schyman
rated it did not like it
Sep 30, 2014
R.farhanah
Jun 18, 2012
T.K. Cornman
Sep 30, 2015
Nina Harrington grew up in rural Northumberland, England, within walking distance of both heather moorland, and wonderful wild sandy beaches.

She decided aged eleven, that her dream job was to be a librarian because then she could read all of the books in the public library whenever she wanted!

Many years later she took the bold decision to take a career break from working in the pharmaceutical ind
More about Nina Harrington...