Start by marking “The Wyoming Kid” as Want to Read:
The Wyoming Kid

The Wyoming Kid (Wyoming Brides #2)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  1,020 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
Rancher Lonny Ellison has never known a woman like Joy Fuller. For one thing, she doesn't seem very interested in him, and as a former rodeo cowboy, Lonny's not used to that. Women mobbed the Wyoming Kid during his rodeo days! And another thing. He and Joy -- who's a schoolteacher and his sister Letty's best friend -- seem to argue constantly.But it doesn't matter, does it ...more
Published July 1st 2006 by Harlequin American Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Wyoming Kid, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wyoming Kid

Donna
Jun 09, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
OK,this was one of those books where the couple was so-o-o annoying and immature that you didn't really care if it ended happily ever after. This couple's conflict had the maturity level of 3rd graders and was boring and repetitive. And Lonny's epiphany halfway through the book that he was in love with Joy simply strained credibility!! Ms. Macomber has written MUCH better books.....
Anna
Aug 21, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Joy is a city girl who goes to live in a little town. Two years ago she dated Lonny, a former rodeo cowboy but they didn't connect. Now they have a passive-aggressive relationship that is due to their unfinished business, that is, the spark is still alive. And this is the starting point for lots of unbelievable silly misunderstandings.
Main characters bring stupid to a new level. He is delusional, he is the on who decides that he must love her because he hates her. And she gets angry because, on
Cecelia
Absolutly wonderful, funny and touching and light, just like the Debbie we know and love
Debbie
Jan 20, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Rancher Lonny Ellison argues with Joy Fuller
Stephanie Tracy
Sep 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sorry to say I wasn’t impressed by this book. Waaaaay too sickeningly sweet with the picture perfect people and their proper, ultra friendly (to the point of sounding ridiculously fake) dialogue. I just couldn’t get into this. The entire premise and delivery felt forced and unrealistic.

The hero and heroine were completely unbelievable, and had nothing in common. Seriously, these two shouldn’t have even ended up together. And Lonny (hero) went on and on about the car “incident” for a full five c
Eunice Korczak
Aug 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Wyoming Kid

The Wyoming Kid is a simple romance that could take place in any small town. The western part is on the periphery and I wonder why it is played up in the title. I guess someone in a romance story has to be obtuse to add a little tension. Much too often it is the woman who has to be the idiot. In this story both the man and the woman are downright relationship-stupid. Predictably, the woman is slower to come to her senses, so needs to be guided by her clueless man. Interesting stor
Cindy Adair
Sep 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Feel good story

Sometimes you just need a good feel good romance to read. This one fits the bill. Predictable plot - boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back. But the relatable and likable characters with the happy ending provide the perfect escape from the stress of life. I'm thankful for authors who can create an enjoyable story like this.
Jennifer Morefield
I loved this sweet cowboy romance. Easy and light reading. A great dessert of a read. I enjoy Debbie Macomber for the most part. This one was very good and everything I look for when reading a romance.
Cheryl
Aug 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love all of the of the stories Debbie has penned

I have yet to read a book by Debbie that was less than a five (5) some were tens.
All I can say is read it yourself you will love it. Debbie is just that good.
My daughter's and friends now read everything she has written.
Beverly
I struggled to like the two main characters. Their bickering just did not do it for me. Also having dated 2 years earlier and then breaking it off did not seem realistic. Glad I finished it, but not that impressed.
Delena constant
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Kids

There comes a time in ones life you meet someone and your very much a like. That is how the main characters were in this book. In the end they came together.Read and see if you think they will make a life together? I say yes!
Marie Buccellato
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Typical love story about life in a small town where everyone knows your business _ very predictable but still a good book
Angela B. New
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Too short!

I would have liked to have read about the wedding ! Hopefully it will be in Tom's and Michelle's story
Diane Smith
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cowboy needs a lot of help

I liked the book a lot,it showed the side of the two people who have been in love with each other and not know it. I would recommend this book.
Beth
Sep 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
ok
Edith
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read from Debbie.
Phylisha Stone
Sep 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good clean read. Enjoyed it!
acebaby
Sep 17, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Formula is a little thin

Okay, we know all her books follow a pattern so rely on good characters and dialogue to keep us interested. This book missed on both of these.
Kay Childs
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

Debra is a wonderful story teller!! She has a way to keep you
Interested all the way to end of book!!
Pat
Sep 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book

I like a story that gives you a nice warm feeling when you turn the last page and this book didn't disappoint.
Mum
Sep 23, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Not wonderful. Not horrible. A nice escape.
Nancy
Sep 04, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun read.
Margaret A Driscoll
Always fun.

Debbie Macomber always produces the best of escape to romance novels. They may not be classics, but they are always so much fun.
Martha Bratton
3 stars because I did finish it and was amused. It's pretty predictable and Hallmark-Channel-ish. But sometimes that's fine.
Marissa Crawford
I knew going in to it that this book would be overloaded with cheese. And, it was. The reason for only 2 stars is that the book is just not believable. It's like the 2 main characters just woke up and decided they loved each other. Their personalities weren't really explored so I don't understand why these two people think they would be a good match.
Kay
Jan 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: print
Mollie *scoutrmom*
Dec 29, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of series romance
Shelves: romance, read-in-2011
I've been reading spicy and erotic romance for so long that it threw me to read a plain vanilla story.

I was not very fond of the characters; I thought the author's use of exposition stunk, and there was no suspense element or villainy to make the plot sparkle.

The way the characters were shown, I could not figure out what either of them saw in the other. It seems each was seeking an ideal of a small-town, family values spouse, and superimposed that ideal upon the other. I'd hate to be around when
Debbie Heaton
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Macomber’s romance novel, former rodeo cowboy Lonny Ellison is accustomed to women throwing themselves at him. But there’s one woman who doesn’t seem to even know he’s alive—Joy Fuller. When they do speak, it’s quick to escalate to an argument that never ends well. Lonny’s sister, Letty believes they like each other but aren’t willing to admit it leaving Lonny to wonder if maybe, just maybe, Joy might consider a life with him after all.

A story that will leave you believing that opposites attr
Vonze (Yvonne)
Debbie Macomber's work is like comfort food. Sweet, enjoyable, know-what-you're-getting goodness. However, I was really disappointed in this story's hero. The hero and heroine had a love-hate relationship, but the hero was too ornery and ignorant for my taste. That said, I ADORED the heroine. I was cheering for her and her "city slicker" boyfriend so badly, lol. One of the rare cases where I liked the second love interest better than the first.
Saadia
Feb 17, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nice story between rancher Lonny Ellison and teacher Joy Fuller who fuss at each other in the town of Red Springs, Wyoming. A sweet read in a plain, honest, small town setting... Not quite sure how Lonny Ellison suddenly goes from being angry at Joy to paying attention to her and deciding that he actually loves her. Then Joy seems to enjoy the kissing but the way she realizes that she is falling for him is not clear until the very end... she is certainly muddy about her own feelings.
  • The Doctor's Forever Family (Forever, Texas, #3)
  • The Cowboy's Secret Son (The Teagues of Texas, #1)
  • The Bull Rider's Twins (Callahan Cowboys, #3)
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #3.5 & Those Manning Men, #5)
  • Larkspur Road (Lonesome Way #2)
  • Hawk's Way: Faron & Garth (Hawk's Way #3-4)
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Tate (McKettricks, #11)
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)
  • Big Sky Christmas (Coffee Creek, Montana #4)
  • The Pregnancy Test
  • Where Azaleas Bloom (The Sweet Magnolias, #10)
  • To Have, Hold, and Let Go
  • Billion Dollar Cowboy (Cowboys & Brides, #1)
  • Once in a Lifetime
  • His Baby Dream (Safe Harbor Medical, #11)
  • Jezebel's Blues
  • The Saxon  (Viking, #2)
Debbie Macomber is a #1 New York Times bestselling author and one of today’s most popular writers with more than 200 million copies of her books in print worldwide. In her novels, Macomber brings to life compelling relationships that embrace family and enduring friendships, uplifting her readers with stories of connection and hope. Macomber’s novels have spent over 1,000 weeks on the New York Time ...more
More about Debbie Macomber...

Wyoming Brides (3 books)