Start by marking “One Enchanted Evening (de Piaget, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #16)” as Want to Read:
One Enchanted Evening (de Piaget, #5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #16)

One Enchanted Evening

(de Piaget #5)

Time-travel romances have made Lynn Kurland a bestseller in the here-and-now.

A duty-bound knight has taken on the task of rebuilding the most dilapidated castle in all of England.

A costume designer gets her chance to shine by showcasing her fairy- tale designs at an upscale party in an authentic medieval castle.

And the magic that whispers along the castle's hallways
Mass Market Paperback, 369 pages
Published April 27th 2010 by Jove / Penguin Group

To ask other readers questions about One Enchanted Evening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Enchanted Evening

NovelReaction
Jun 02, 2010 rated it really liked it
Montgomery finally has a story! I have to admit I am a HUGE Lynn Kurland fan (I have every one of her books) and I have been counting down the days until One Enchanted Evening was available.

I fell in love with Montgomery when he was a teenager in When I Fall In Love and he was firmly convinced that Jennifer was from Faery. Well, Montgomery has finally put all of that behind him, working hard to live up to the reputation of his father and older brothers (and it is alot to live up to).

Montgomery i
Susan
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, time-travel
What a magical story! I thoroughly enjoyed it and found it hard to stop reading when I had to. The characters were well rounded and I appreciate the author's touch with dry humor.

Also, I felt that Pippa's reaction to tumbling back in time to be more realistic in that she kind of freaked out and didn't readily accept the situation and adjust within 3 pages.

One thing - I really think these books should be read in order because when Pippa and Montgomery met all the relatives and the reader was int
Susan
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Clean and super romantic.
Mandi Schreiner
Mar 31, 2010 rated it really liked it
Reviewed by Amanda

One Enchanted Evening is a time travelling romance for what Lynn Kurland is most well known for and in true style this book does not disappoint.

Our hero is Montgomery De Piaget a Knight who seems to have a lot of responsibilities except the ones he wants the most - such as a wife, children and a home. Instead he has been charged with the daunting task of having to rebuild the fallen castle of Artane to its former glory.
Enter our Modern Washington heroine Pippa Alexander. S
Carolyn
Feb 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kurland-lynn, re-read
Having waited for years for Montgomery de Piaget's story, I can say it was well worth the wait. Having read all of Lynn Kurland's wonderful books, she has once again taken me to a place few authors have. For a trip to the delightful, amazing time-traveling world of the medieval de Piaget family, re-acquainting myself with so many great characters from her previous books in the series, is a trip I always look forward to taking. Ms. Kurland never fails to "enchant" me with her humor, quick and cle ...more
Erin
Oct 24, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: erin-s-favorites
Not my favorite, but still ok. I thought it drug a little bit. I was, however, happy to finally see one of the boys go after their woman in HER world just to prove that he wanted her.

**After reading the most recent DePiaget novel, I had to go back and read the three sister's (Pippa, Tess and Peaches) stories in order and one right after the other. Because.......they all happen within weeks of each other - in the stories - but were written/published years apart. Slight little comments or facts n
Sherrinda
Jun 16, 2010 rated it really liked it
I always enjoy Lynn's books and this one was was true to form. I liked Montgomery, but he wasn't the "alpha male" I have come to expect from Lynn. I found myself wanting him to take charge more. I wanted him to kick out those previous tenants. I wanted him to reveal his feelings for Pippa a lot earlier than he did.

Thoroughly enjoyable, but not my favorite.
Cindi
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
3.5 Stars. I was in the mood for a good time travel romance, and this fit the bill nicely! This is not the 1st book in the series but was easy to keep up with nevertheless. I will be going back and reading them in order, however. Even tho this was an older book, nothing dated it.
Carolyn Takara
Jul 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I love reading the continuing saga of the De Piaget family. This is Montgomery's story and I can't wait to read the rest of his siblings' adventures, especially what happened to his twin brother, John.
Rosanne
Jan 19, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
A little too much thinking of thoughts. Wanted more dialogue, intrigue and romance. Not her best. .
Pat
Oct 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing
My first Lynn Kurland book. I loved it. Great writing, romance and adventure with absolutely NO unnecessary "details" to compromise it. Definitely PG rated. I can't wait to read them all!
Amber Jodoin
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun, light read for fans of genres with th romance and time travel.
Hazel McNellis
INHALT
Montgomery de Piaget glaubt nicht an Magie. Das sagt er sich zumindest immer wieder, während er die heruntergekommene Burg, die er von seinem Vater geerbt hat, versucht, im Jahre 1241 wieder aufzubauen. Da kommt es eigentlich gar nicht gut, wenn ausgerechnet ihm eine Fee vor die Füße fällt. Das Chaos ist perfekt, als sich herausstellt, dass die Fee Persephone, kurz: Pippa, heißt und aus der Gegenwart stammt!

MEINUNG
Herrlich! Der Roman ist sooo schön! Ein Märchen wie es im Buche steht! *h
Jackie
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5 starts. I was very excited to try One Enchanted Evening because Kurland writes so many books and it looked fun and quirky but halfway through I keep asking "is this going to go somewhere? Is something going to happen? Are they going to keep doing nothing?" I hate to say it but this is a really boring book. The premise is promising, but in reality it is slow and even the few funny parts are not that funny. There is really no romance and I am halfway through. THey just keep having the same int ...more
Serena
May 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Great as always... This one was a little bit weird as far as wording a few parts of the book but I was super happy with it... Raised all kinds of questions about what happened to John and what not... kinda knew what century they'd end up in only because of reading Till There Was You -- Mary says she was going to Montgomery's keep and that there were kids to take care of there...

Persephone Alexander & Montgomery De Piaget
Olivia
Aug 01, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: overdrive
I could not get beyond the first chapter. It just dragged and took forever to introduce characters and backstory. I don't want to "read more and it gets better". If I don't care about the characters by the middle of the first chapter, I close it. So this book gets a DNF.

By the way, I had not read any of the other books in this series. I have read Kurland before, but could not tell you which books.
Lacy♪ ♫Movements of a Demigod ♪ ♫
I really liked this story with it meddling ghosts and crazy siblings and cousins. The beginning of the book was a little slow for me with all the explainations of hippy parents and crazy Cindi parading around like an evil step-sister. Once she was out of the picture things improved drastically for Montgomery and Pippa. Overall it was a great time-travel romance with a touch of humor.
Lisa
May 01, 2010 rated it liked it
I was so excited to read Montgomery de Piaget's story! Unfortunately, this one fell a little flat for me. There was one character who annoyed me to no end, and this character really ruined the story for me. Still, I love Lynn Kurland and I'll read anything she writes.
Doreen Arnold
Aug 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
Got bored stopped reading
Y
Jun 03, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was so bored that I quit and didn't finish.
Wendy
Jul 05, 2010 rated it it was ok
Couldn't finish it. Can't put my finger on it. Guess I couldn't grasp the characters
Nan
Similar story line to the Christmas Cat Short story book Kurland has an entry in one but of course this one is more developed.

I love this series & I wish I'd read them all before leaving my home state.
Liz
Mar 04, 2017 rated it liked it
Montgomery de Piaget (Robin's youngest brother) and Pippa, a modern-day seamstress with a flair for adding the medieval to her designs. Fun and cute like the others, a little bit too much on the side of assuming that everyone's dream is a husband/wife, and lots of kids....
Sandi Murtland
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Light-hearted romance in the 13th century. What could be better?
Jessica
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
An adorable story of a present day seamstress/designer meeting up with the youngest De Paiget men in a cesspit and holey castle. Love the language and adventure with the traveling history romance!!!
Anne Valentine
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this story. Pippa was a joy and Montgomery was adorable. Their chemistry was sizzling.
Jeanne
Jan 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: magic
Fun time travel.
Kathy Davie
Sixth in the De Piaget time-traveling, historical paranormal romance series. Chronologically, it should come after Stardust of Yesterday , 11, which is all about Kendrick's adventures and how his romantic life completes itself. After all, if Kendrick is going to be showing up at contemporary Artane, with 13-year-old triplets…

My Take
The "4" is my compromise between the "3" I wanted to plant on it for Pippa allowing Cindi to be such a bitch and the "5" I felt for the rest of the story. It really
Sandy M
I’m in shock. There hasn’t been a Lynn Kurland book to date that I haven’t totally loved. Until now. I just like this one. It’s still a good book, wonderful characters, great time traveling, and a good storyline. But this time there was a little silliness included and that just didn’t work for me, especially because it took away from the beautiful writing that Ms. Kurland is known for in her books.

Pippa Alexander’s passion is fashion design. She’s just shy of getting her huge break in the busine
  • The Christmas Cat (Includes: de Piaget, #4.5; de Piaget/MacLeod, #2.5)
  • Healing the Highlander (Daughters of the Glen, #7)
  • Down and Dirty (Viking II, #7)
  • Lord of the Highlands (Highlands, #4)
  • Only With a Highlander (Highlander, #5)
  • Spirited Away
  • Highland Magic (Highland Dream, #3)
  • Haunting Warrior (Mists of Ireland, #2)
Lynn began her writing career at the tender age of five with a series of illustrated novellas entitled Clinton’s Troubles in which the compelling hero found himself in all sorts of . . . well, trouble. She was living in Hawaii at the time and the scope for her imagination (poisoned fish, tropical cliffs, large spiders) was great and poor Clinton bore the brunt of it. After returning to the mainlan ...more

de Piaget (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Another Chance to Dream (de Piaget,  #1; de Piaget/MacLeod, #5)
  • If I Had You (de Piaget, #2; de Piaget/MacLeod, #7)
  • Dreams of Stardust (de Piaget, #3; de Piaget/MacLeod, #11)
  • When I Fall in Love (de Piaget, #4; MacLeod, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #13)
  • This Is All I Ask (de Piaget, #6; de Piaget/MacLeod, #3)
  • The More I See You (de Piaget, #7; de Piaget/MacLeod, #6)
  • From This Moment On (de Piaget, #8; de Piaget/MacLeod, #9)
  • Stardust of Yesterday (de Piaget, #9; de Paiget/MacLeod, #1)
  • Till There Was You (MacLeod, #8; De Piaget #10; de Piaget/MacLeod, #15)
  • One Magic Moment (de Piaget, #11; de Piaget/MacLeod, #17)