Start by marking “What the Librarian Did” as Want to Read:
What the Librarian Did

What the Librarian Did

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  949 Ratings  ·  164 Reviews
When the librarian met the rock star...

Is Rachel Robinson the only one on campus who doesn't know who Devin Freedman is? No big deal except that the bad-boy rock star gets a kick out of Rachel's refusal to worship at his feet. And that seems to have provoked his undivided attention. Devin, the guy who gave new meaning to the phrase "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll." Devin, th
Mass Market Paperback, Harlequin Super Romance #1622, 249 pages
Published March 2010 by Harlequin Books

To ask other readers questions about What the Librarian Did, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What the Librarian Did

rameau
This review can also be found on Book Girl of Mur-y-Castell-blog.

I may or may not have found my new favourite author.

There’s a reason Harlequin Superromances sell so well in Finland, better than Blaze or any other kinky ultra hot sex series or imprint. The impact of naked skin kind of evens out when you get used to seeing it regularly in the sauna. And we have those long winter nights and comfy blankets in our beds… anyway, it’s all about the story.

Here, two adults in their thirties meet at a
willaful
May 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bye
3.5 stars. I can sort of see why this got so much positive buzz; the characters are complex and interesting and there’s a richness to the story I’m not used to seeing in category romance. (Though possibly that’s just because I usually choose them looking for bat-shit crazy rather than thoughtful realism.)

This is a story about three characters, Rachel, Devin, and Mark, all of whom are paying the price for decisions made 17 years ago. As Rachel the seemingly starchy librarian and Devin the former
Kristiej
Feb 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
I just finished a reread of this book as preparation for reading karina Bliss' newest book Rise. Rise is Zander's story and i really want to how Ms. Bliss redeems him as he's quite the jerk in this book. Im downgrading it to 4 1/2 stars, not because i enjoyed it any less, i still really enjoyed it, but more because im trying to tighten up grades a bit more and saving the 5 star ratings forbthe upper of the upper books. But the review below i wrote in 2012 still stands.

First off, it takes place i
Susan Gottfried
Mar 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rock-fiction
From http://rockread.westofmars.com

Karina Bliss' What the Librarian Did is one of those books EVERYONE is talking about right now. It's getting quite a bit of positive buzz. That was enough to pique my interest. But then something else popped up and I had to read this book.

The male hero is a rock star. Therefore, I had to pick up a copy via PaperbackSwap.com and see if this rock star dude meets MY standards. Does What The Librarian Did qualify for inclusion my list of Best Rock Books?

Devin does
Preeti ♥︎ (Romance She Reads)
A new-to-me author I enjoyed reading. A somewhat angsty story told with gentle humor and freshness.

An ex rocker, whose life of excesses and drugs/alcohol abuse forces him to slow down or lose his health, takes a break to go back to college and entangles with the repressed librarian there.
She has secrets and demons of her own to contend with.
Others characters blend in the story to give it a heartwarming depth.

But really Devin was quite a fraud as the bad boy. Now his older brother Zander seems m
Stacy
Apr 03, 2010 rated it liked it
I had high expectations after reading Dear Author's review, and that sadly set me up for disappointment. I liked the story but didn't think it was that outstanding. I really enjoyed the beginning & all the banter between Rachel & Devin, loved how Rachel held her own and showed she was a smart, independent woman, but then it started to go off-track and there were a lot of misunderstandings & overracting.

Part of the problem is you have too much going on. If it would have focused on Rac
Lyuda
Oct 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: hp, contemporary
Very good story with surprising depth. The characters feel realistic with enduring qualities and flows. Devin is a former world-famous rock band player whose carrier ended in collapse on stage and doctor’s giving him not much chance to live if he continued with his hard partying ways. He decided to leave the world stage behind. He flew to New Zealand, home of his mother, and enrolled in college at the age of 34. Mark, 16 years old student, is enrolled in the same college for reasons of his own. ...more
Emily Crow
I read this because the romantic pairing between a straight-laced librarian and a rock star seemed like a fun opposites-attract type story. And also because I need a rock star romance for my 2018 challenge. Honestly, I liked this better than I expected, although it puts the category of light reads into a whole new level of floating cotton candy. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. My job frequently zaps my brain power to almost nothing, and books like this are a blessing when that happens.

I'
Luli
Jan 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Luli by: Lyuda

You can find this review in English below.

Me ha entretenido y gustado aunque no me ha encantado.

Esta historia es mucho más que un romance. Es una historia de cómo encontrar una vida “normal” cuando lo único que has conocido toda tu vida es un exceso de fama y libertad y la palabra responsabilidad no aparece en tu diccionario. Es de superar, si es que eso es posible, un pasado de abusos y falta de cariño y una decisión que jamás deberías haber tomado sola y abandonada por las personas que se supo
Amal Bedhyefi
Light , funny , sexy and beautifully written .
Loved the characters , the plot ( could've been better to be honest ) and the events !
This books has put a smile on my face all along and still does !
If you want something romantic ( not the usual romance though ) to start the year with , this book is for you :)
  • Home for the Holidays
  • Back to the Good Fortune Diner
  • Welcome Home, Cowboy (Wed In The West, #4)
  • The Family Plan
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • A Not-So-Perfect Past
  • A Man of Privilege (Lawyers in Love, #2)
  • What a Rogue Desires (Reece Family Trilogy, #2)
  • Oh-So-Sensible Secretary
  • How to Tame a Modern Rogue
  • Season for Surrender (Holiday Pleasures, #2)
  • Snowbound
  • Doukakis's Apprentice
  • I Still Do (Vegas Weddings, #1)
New Zealander Karina Bliss has written a biography for a rock star, swapped identities with her twin, raised three orphaned children with her ex husband, worn a cow costume to a Bachelor and Spinster ball, considered marriage for the sake of a baby, and been mayor of a small town.

Oh wait, that’s her characters.

Outside her imagination, she’s always been a professional writer, first as a travel jo
More about Karina Bliss...
“Her expression shut faster than a poked clam. 'I'll just get a cardigan.'
He might not be a hellraiser anymore but Devin valued his reputation. 'Haven't you got anything sexy?'
'Yes,' said Rachel, 'my mind.”
8 likes