Start by marking “Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits” as Want to Read:
Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits

Reposition Yourself: Living Life Without Limits

4.4  ·  Rating details ·  2,971 Ratings  ·  121 Reviews
"If you don't like the way your life is going, redesign it. Redeem the years you lost. Restore your vision, revive your passion for living, and reclaim what was dormant inside of you. I cannot give you the dream but I can give you the tools to reach the dreams you have inside. I have seen what successful people do over and over again. I want to show you how to Reposition Y ...more
Published May 8th 2007 by Atria Books (first published 2007)

Douglas
I would really give this book a 3.5 stars.

A good book overall, but I read so many books about self improvement that the overlap seems to phase me. He says a lot of the same messages.

The first 60 pages are pretty fast, then it slows down. The last 80 pages are more focused on how women can succeed, so I skimmed through those pages.

Its a great book for people that are very religious that don't read too much besides religious books. He uses a lot of scripture to begin talking about everyday life
Nadia
Feb 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this book, T.D. Jakes shares the tools to help you succeed and be prosperous. It reveals truths, practical solutions and insights that enable you to progress to your full potential and to achieve the life you have always dreamed about. Like with any knowledge received, the reader must apply what he or she has learned into their own life. There are things I learned from reading this book, and I would recommend this book to anyone who truly desires and are motivated to live life without limits.
Tammy
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book came into my life when my dad was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. This was the first time I had ever read a book by this man, and I highly recommend any book that is written by him because he tells it like it is, and he has the ability to make you see life in a brand new way. T.D. Jakes is the real deal.
Delaine
Aug 01, 2008 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
This looks good. Inspirational!
Concetta Green
May 19, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book changed my life! It really made me evaluate where I was and where I was going for the rest of my life. Powerful!
Rhonda Alexander
You can't go wrong with TD Jakes. He always has a good word to share and no matter where he is coming from, I can always find value in his message and relate it to my life. His "take no prisoners" form of delivery hits me right where I need it most – in the world of practicality. Not only do I look to his daily messages for inspiration, I'm positive that his impact on the world at large connects with our hearts, our minds and our souls in a way that very few can reach in a way that sets us in mo ...more
Jason
Oct 11, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I thought this book was truly inspiring. Jakes does an execellent job of motivating people to reposition themself and achieve their goals. Although he does use scriptures as the basis for the points made in this book, he illustrates his points through the use of vivid imagery and practical examples without condemnation, being condescending, or coming across as "preachy". I would reccommend this book to anyone who is looking to improve their life. This book is full os so many useful and practical ...more
Zanada Green
Nov 11, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book to keep close by as a reminder that if you want different results about yourself, don't do the same old thing in the same old way! Expect change when you yourself institute change, starting with yourself! Thank you, TD Jakes! This book is like a new and improved version of Paul Tillich's The Courage to Be.
Nicole
Feb 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book made me love Bishop Jakes. I read this book at a point of change in my life and it spoke to me. The "characters" that the bishop put in the book made me rethink a lot of what I was doing in my life. This is a must read for those that need to look inside for change.
Paul
Jul 16, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this work very much and with all books that I read, this is one that I will revisit often.
Ifeanyi Enoch Onuoha
Great work by papa Jakes.
J.Elliot Howaed
Jun 08, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book taught me about repositioning myself. I read this book before I started the process of writing my own book. It is a really good read.
N. Crosby
May 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another awesome experience. Made me think about my past, present and how I can get to my desired future.
Melanie
Jun 08, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book! It caused me to re-evaluate my life and make some necessary changes!
Kiersten
Awesome awesome awesome. Great book to give you perspective on goal-setting and living your life.
Enzo
Aug 07, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books about turning things around when they seem to be hopeless.
JL Henderson
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The writings of T.D. Jakes truly inspire me! I’ve read a couple of his other books in the past. When someone told me about this one and its title, something sparked in me that gave me an inkling I really needed to read this book. Now that I’ve read it, I am so extremely grateful and blessed having done it! T.D. Jakes has such a wonderful spirit about him! I love how he helps people truly understand the biblical scriptures he quotes by explaining them in nice, simplistic ways. He gives many wonde ...more
Deone
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book walked me through an unfamiliar course in my life. I was desperately needing to understand a lot more clearly than I had been exposed, where I was headed and what I needed to do to prepare myself for my arrival. A blessing, came by way of a job opportunity, which I was never trained or groomed to receive. Had it not been for parts of the message in this book, I undoubtedly would have done something (as I've done many times before in the past) to sabotage myself, in effect, losing out o ...more
Helen
Feb 10, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are searching for a life with no limits or boundaries and you seek increase all around you. Then I recommend this book for those who are ready to transisition themselves as a whole. Bishop T.D. Jakes touches on things that we try to avoid when we are seeking change in our lives. He doesn't preach to you, he speaks to you one on one as he shares stories and guides you through stages.

If you are not ready to reposition yourself and receive all things possible after reading this book, then y
Afa
Feb 15, 2008 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is a shrill wake-up call to take charge of every single moment. Not only does it confront areas where subtle passivity or even poor choices may have stifled the reader's creativity, but it also instructs how to manage change and maximize life now.

Using wisdom collected from his more than thirty years of counseling and working with everyday and high-profile people, Jakes covers financial, relational, and spiritual creativity and shows how adapting to transitional moments in your life is the
Chris Vidrine
Mar 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Its a decent motivational book. Its more geared for those who are facing tumultuous trouble such as struggling to pay bills or a mid life crisis. It still has good points about making the most out of your life. The book drives on one key point, have faith and a plan then work it. Overall its worth a read. Didn't care for the racial stuff in the book, it could have been left out in my opinion. I also don't care for the term African American, that's like white people saying European American. If y ...more
Sera
Aug 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVE THIS BOOK. IT WAS GOD WILLING FOR ME TO BUY THIS BOOK LAST 2 YEARS AND READ IT NOW BECAUSE GOD PUT ME IN THE RIGHT PLACE,AT THE RIGHT TIME WITH TH ERIGHT PEOPLE TO HELP ME WITH MY DESTINY! BISHOP TD JAKES KNOWS HOW TO GET INTO US WITH ALL THOSE ENGLISH WORDS I DIDN'T HAVE TO FIND THE MEANING OF IT IN THE DICTIONARY ALTHOUGH ENGLISH IS MY SECOND LANGUAGE. WHEN YOU READ IT IT CLEARLY EXPLAINS EVERYTHING TO YOU.
Alejandro Hurtado
May 03, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Charlie Hurtado, Raul Hurtado, Fatiliza Espinoza
Recommended to Alejandro by: Julio Cesar Peredo
A great book for anyone dealing with a rough patch in their life. The author is clear without being simple and motivates without being preachy. We can and must aspire to better ourselves and our relationships.

Although his message, I believe, should have universal appeal, be forewarned that it is through and through, a very Christian book. If this is a deal breaker, you will miss out on a great resource for your life.

Stephen Bowen
Sep 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
He really goes in depth with significant attributes of areas to focus on like branding yourself, embracing change, and growth. All of these areas can cause fear, stress and reluctance to go forward. T.D. Jakes acknowledges these areas and stimulates the reader to move forward in spite of our emotions.
Belinda Dickerson
Apr 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book. It was on the book shelf as I was approaching another benchmark in my life. Great encouragement was found as was the right answers of questions that had come to mind during my time of repositioning myself. Ladies who are emptynesters, menopausers, go for it. Well worth the read.
Paul
Dec 22, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
An inspirational book for all, especially if you are searching for a way out of "the rut of life." I couldn't help think when listening to this book that is was geared towards my black brothers and sisters, but then I figured that is the author's experience. Regardless, the book is quite uplifting.
Alex Richmond
Feb 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reposition Yourself Reflections is a list of 100 things to reflect on to better place yourself for success. People want to be better, but often forget to set themselves up for what they want. We need to be ready mentally for the challenges and trials of success, and remember that we need to maintain our foundation to continue growing for ourselves and those around us.
Sandra
Jan 19, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: leadership, christian
I am not really a fan of TD Jakes, I have had issues with his books before. They read more like fiction than nonfiction. I guess there are worse books to read. It was mostly hash--same info redone. :(
Marilyn
May 02, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Marilyn by: Dr. Phil McGraw
Rev. Jakes has a great handle to getting out of your daily rut. A solution to the ordinary life and I love it and recommend it highly. With a forward by Phil McGraw, it made it a "better" reading idea. It's a new form of "how to".
Richard
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book. Won't go into detail about how it came to be in my presence. It was something I definitely needed to read right now and has showed me a few ways to deal with some issues I have been having the past few years.
  • Love Your Life: Living Happy, Healthy, and Whole
  • Approval Addiction: Overcoming Your Need to Please Everyone
  • Daily Inspiration for the Purpose Driven Life: Scriptures and Reflections from the 40 Days of Purpose
  • Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day
  • Are We Living in the End Times?
  • Unmerited Favor: Depending on Jesus for every success in your life
  • Fasting: Opening the Door to a Deeper, More Intimate, More Powerful Relationship With God
  • Relationships 101
  • Acts of Faith: Daily Meditations for People of Color
  • The Action Bible: God's Redemptive Story
  • Writing for the Soul: Instruction and Advice from an Extraordinary Writing Life
Bishop T.D. Jakes is the author of the bestsellers God's Leading Lady; The Lady, Her Lover and Her Lord; Maximize the Moment; The Great Investment; His Lady; Woman, Thou art Loosed (the film of which won the Best Film Award at the Santa Barbara Film Festival) and He-Motions. His daily morning show The Potter's Touch and weekly broadcast The Potter's House air on Trinity Broadcasting Network and Bl ...more
More about T.D. Jakes...

• Rachel's Tears: The Spiritual Journey of Columbine Martyr Rachel Scott
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Georgiana: Duchess of Devonshire
    $8.99 $1.99
  • American Gun: A History of the U.S. in Ten Firearms (P.S.)
    $8.24 $2.99
“Sometimes what makes us insecure and vulnerable becomes the fuel we need to be overachievers. The antidote for a snakebite is made from the poison, and the thing that made you go backward is the same force that will push you forward.” 22 likes
“Progress apart from purpose ends in arrogance.” 20 likes