Start by marking “Scott Pilgrim, Volume 4: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together” as Want to Read:
Scott Pilgrim, Volume 4: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together

Scott Pilgrim, Volume 4: Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together

(Scott Pilgrim #4)

That’s right, folks! Put down the video game controller! Skip that rehearsal for your band! Make whatever sacrifices you must to those comic gods you hold so dear! Just make sure you’re ready because Bryan Lee O’Malley and SCOTT PILGRIM are back! Well, a couple months have passed since the last time we caught up with our intrepid hero, but what can change in a few short mo ...more
Published November 14th 2007 by Oni Press

To ask other readers questions about Scott Pilgrim, Volume 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Scott Pilgrim, Volume 4

Zoë
Jul 21, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5/5

Not my favorite as I thought too many stories were happening at once, but still a solid entry!
Alejandro
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fourth Level!

This is the fourth book (in a series of six) of “Scott Pilgrim” saga.

Creative Team:

Creator, writer and illustrator: Bryan Lee O’Malley

PILGRIM’S PATH GOES INCOGNITA

Are… are you recording music? You have a home studio?! Oh my god.

Do you want something? Can I help you?.

Can you record our album? Sex Bob-Omb needs to record an album! We need to take it to the next level! You saw us in play in volume 3, right? We aren’t all that sucky, right?

Life is good for good ol Bryan Lee O
Michael Finocchiaro
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Better than Vol 3, Scott Pilgrim gets it together was a fun read. Knives' dad was a cool character, the Kim Pine twist was interesting and Ramona's evil girlfriend was a trip (especially bursting into rabbits!) looking forward to Twins and the final episode.
Kevin Fanning
Feb 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Bryan Lee O'Malley breaks through the fourth wall of my heart.
Cece (ProblemsOfaBookNerd)
*2.5/5
This was my least favorite in the series so far. I think it had way too many stories happening at once. This was also the volume with my absolute least favorite Ex. I really don't like how they are handled either in the movie, or in this volume. Plus, this one gave me the least number of reasons so far for why Ramona and Scott should even be together in the first place. Super sad this one just didn't impress me.
Julia Glassman
Nov 24, 2007 rated it it was ok
Message to Bryan Lee O'Malley: Fat jokes and gay jokes aren't funny. I don't even mean that in a huffy self-righteous way. I mean your book stops being clever whenever you go out of your way to joke about how fat chicks look bad and Scott's roommate is a fag and isn't it totally hot that Ramona had sex with a girl. It's like how the movie Airplane suddenly becomes boring whenever they show the gay guy. That type of writing is dumb, lazy, and - who knew? - offensive.

Even aside from that, this boo
Colleen Venable
Jan 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
Best Ex-Fight Yet! Geez am I turning into one of those people that swears the latest book in a series is always THE BEST...or are these books just getting progressively better? I really am beginning to think that scott and ramona's relationships is one of the most honest and realistic depiction of early 20's love I've seen in a while...you know minus the samurais chopping moving buses in half and people exploding into piles of bunnies.
Jim
Jan 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After the first half of this volume you’ll be wondering.
Wow is Scott growing up? Who’s that dude with the sword? Who’s that cheek with the sword? How old is Ramona? She’s kind of hot right? ......uuum I mean you know, for a fictional character, not that im kind of weirdo who’s into fake women -<> -Yeaaah so anyways Scott has a job now and he said the L-word to Ramona. The L-word is love, not lesbian ( hey it’s not my joke ok? )
Caroline
Feb 24, 2015 rated it really liked it
ANOTHER great volume of a great series. I'm loving this so much. I love the movie so that doesn't really come as much of a surprise but I think this is really clever, funny and quirky. Keen to finish the series soon!
Jeannette Nikolova
Jun 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Also available on the WondrousBooks blog.

The tendency of me liking Ramona started only in volume 3 and in this one I am already a fan. My main issue with her was the fact that I simply dislike over-idealized characters but as the story unfolds she becomes more and more human and normal. A proof to that is the fact that details were actually provided about her. Like her age...

I liked the Lisa storyline because I was actually curious about her. I love it how the Scott Pilgrim series are not even
Lauren
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *wipes away tears*

The fourth volume of SP is HILARIOUS! I'm not joking - my sides are aching! There's plenty of action, subspace skits, half-ninja moves, piss-taking, cute moments, heart-achingly cute moments, and sword fights!

Succinctly put...it's brilliant...and Scott finally does get it together! (He finally tells Ramona he loves her and earns the power of love as a result.)

Lisa Miller comes back on the scene and even though she really doesn't add much to the story, we learn
Jesse A
Mar 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
A much better volume.
Jedi JC Daquis
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my my. If there is something that I love the most about this series is (aside from the you know, fights), it's Lisa Miller's sketchy relationship with Scott Pilgrim. I just love the two of them together, more than Knives an definitely waaay more than Ramona. But Scott Pilgrim is a total juvenile douche so his heart goes all the way with Rammy. Lisa is more of a story filler character than a mainstay though, so that is sad. The scene with Scott and Lisa together in the latter's apartment, with ...more
Cal
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Much better that Books #2 & #3!! We get to see new characters you'll love to death and some new characters that want Scott Pilgrim's death.

Yeah and a kick-ass gif of Roxie here yah go..

Sam Quixote
Aug 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Each book I read in the series is the best one yet and the fourth book doesn’t disappoint. An older Chinese man with a sword and a female Evil Ex-Boyfriend too are trying to kill Scott but more pressing things occupy him – the lease on his flat is up and his sugar daddy gay flatmate, Wallace, is moving out so Scott’s got to find a new place to live. Meanwhile his band Sex Bob-Omb have given up live shows as they enter the studio to record their debut LP, and Scott gets a dishwashing job to earn ...more
Tamahome
Nov 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Very amusing. I was softly chucking with my mouth closed all the way through: "mhm hm...hmhmhm...hhm". Has lots of stuff that wasn't in the movie (you've seen that masterpiece of cinema haven't you?), or was rearranged for the movie. Looks nice in color.

Nicolo Yu
Jan 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
I understand why the movie cut this volume almost entirely out of its script. The Lisa Miller and Old Man Chau subplots seem to be just fat that is extraneous to the overall story. But having read volume six already (this is a reread) Knives' father still has a role to play.

Lisa Miller may just be filler, but it does play a part in revealing that Ramona may not be the perfect girlfriend material Scot Pilgrim initially though he had.

I guess the movie adaptation has pretty much shaped my percept
daniela
Jun 30, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know, I have seriously mixed feelings about this. I still adore Ramona and Wallace but it really bothered me that Ramona said her girlfriend was "a phase" and Scott sexualizing girl/girl romance was pretty trashy. Why do they always do this with bi characters? Bi!Ramona Flowers 4ever. The art is incredible, though.
Manisha
I think a certain sword-wielding ninja just might be my favourite character after Wallace, and that’s really saying something about these unlikeable characters.

A decent installment to the story. Surpringly, Ramona is boring me. They call her ‘mysterious’ in the book, but she is pretty basic. I prefer the movie version of her. Everyone else is quirky and fun to watch.
Justin
Jun 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This volume continues the motif of Scott’s deepening relationship with Ramona serving as a path for him to blunder into being an adult. Now that he’s defeated Todd and sent Envy on her way, Scott is forced to deal with baggage of a more immediate nature: having no job, relying endlessly on others, and pathologically avoiding any kind of responsibility, all of which appear to be giving Ramona second thoughts. If that wasn’t bad enough, he’s also facing a distinct upswing in attacks by people with ...more
DJ
The further we go, the more we veer away from the movie.

Normally, it would depend on how much I loved a movie in comparison to how the book did it for me to say whether I like it or hate it. Like with the original Divergent. In the book, Dauntless had chalkboards and used papers and pencils as though it was the 1920s and not some time in the far future. Which, the movie used and I liked it so much more. On the other hand, Twilight the movie had parts that made NO SENSE until I read the book and
Sofia
Jan 11, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Sofia by: Filipe
Shelves: graphic-novels
Published on my book blog.

After the amazing third volume, I had high expectations for this one. In general, this one was ok, not as great as the previous one. Plot wise, there's a lot more emphasis on the characters' lives outside the whole "fighting evil exes" thing. I guess this is where the story lost me a bit. The reasons? The main characters.

****** SLIGHT SPOILER AHEAD (OR WHATEVER) ******

Ramona's character seriously annoyed me in this volume. The whole being "mysterious and aloof to avoid
Greta is Erikasbuddy
Oct 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
WOAH! So much learned in this one!!

We learn how old Ramona is and what the star doors mean (if you saw the movie those things confused me. I totally understand them now)

This book wasn't realy in the movie. Sure the evil ex was (omg! A girl!!) but a lot of it wasn't in the movie. I guess they would have had to pay Juno Boy a bit more money and maybe it wasn't in the budget.

A Review from the mother of a 13 year old

* The cussing is toned down in this one

* 2 girls kiss in this one

* They talk about s
Chris "Stu"
Feb 03, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2008, graphic-novel
These books (the series will run to seven volumes, I believe) are pretty damn great so far. They look like mangas, read more or less like autobiographical comics, but pitch everything with just the right mix of humor and craziness that they achieve something special.

They work much like _Buffy the Vampire Slayer_ does, taking real life situations and genre-fying them, so that the ordinary perils of falling in love and learning about someone's past and learning from your own mistakes get transform
Brendon Schrodinger
Jul 17, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
This volume is a bit better than the last. 3 star material? Hell no. If you can only draw 4 different looking people, only have 4 characters.

Scott gets a job finally. Washing dishes, but still a job. Things look up. And then he forgets to go to work and gets fired. And then rehired.

Oh and Ramona's ex in this novel is a goth chick from her "experimental phase". Ugh

Scott kisses another girl, finds Ramona with her ex and then moves in with Ramona. Logical right?

How can anyone like this guy at all?
Sam
This is the fourth installment of the series and finds Scott taking on the next of Ramona's evil exs as well as trying to get his own life together, including getting an actual real life job. The graphics are still superbly simplistic and the humour is excellent but I'm really not getting the attraction of Ramona, she still irks me.
Mohammed Al-Thani
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This has got to be my favorite volume out of the Scott pilgrim series. It's was totally AMAZING!!!. Funny, romantic, action packed and everything you could ever ask for in a graphic novel. I loved the all the characters, and I loved ramona's evil ex boyfriend (aka it's a girl). Just everything was so was EPIC! And lovely about this novel.
Kelcey
Oct 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yay back to fighting the evil ex's!
Carmen
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Anyone
I don't even like graphic novels, but these are amazing. They make me happy for some reason.
Fox
May 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Scott Pilgrim Gets It Together.

Or does he?

We know Scott Pilgrim as the relatively optimistic, foolish protagonist of the series. We've watched him inadvertently fall from one relationship into another, justify his actions, and break hearts. We've watched him fumble his way into being with a girl too good for him, and then one just as terrible as he is - although he refuses to see her for what she is. We've watched all of this. Can we watch him get his life together?

He's been depending on other p

• Runaways, Vol. 4: True Believers (Runaways, #4)
  • Demo: The Collection
  • Courtney Crumrin in the Twilight Kingdom (Courtney Crumrin, #3)
  • Chew, Vol. 4: Flambé
  • Dr. Horrible and Other Horrible Stories
  • Daisy Kutter: The Last Train
  • Too Cool to Be Forgotten
  • Essex County, Vol. 2: Ghost Stories
Bryan Lee O'Malley is a Canadian cartoonist. His first original graphic novel was Lost at Sea (2003), and he is best-known for the six-volume Scott Pilgrim series (2004 to 2010). All of his Scott Pilgrim graphic novels were published by Portland, Oregon-based Oni Press. In July 2014 his graphic novel Seconds was released by Ballantine Books. He is also a songwriter and musician (as Kupek and forme ...more

Scott Pilgrim (6 books)
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 2: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
  • Scott Pilgrim, Volume 3: Scott Pilgrim & The Infinite Sadness
  • Scott Pilgrim, Vol. 5: Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe
  • Scott Pilgrim, Vol. 6: Scott Pilgrim's Finest Hour
“Scott, if your life had a face, I would punch it. I would punch your life in the face.” 301 likes
“Anyway, how are you and Ramona doing?'

Uh... you know. Pretty good.'

Have you said the L-Word yet?'

The L-Word? You mean? Lesbian?'
Uh... No. The other L-Word.'

?'

Okay. Uh, It's "love." I wasn't trying to trick you or anything.”
64 likes