Start by marking “Steps to Christ” as Want to Read:
Steps to Christ

Read Book* *Different edition

Steps to Christ

Thousands have become acquainted with Jesus through this little book, Steps to Christ. And it has helped many more, including those who have walked with Him for years, to know Him better.

Available in English and Spanish, the Friendship Edition of Steps to Christ reveals Jesus as Savior to the world through culturally sensitive cover art that is free of stereoty
Published January 1st 2000 by Pacific Presss Publishing Association (first published 1892)

To ask other readers questions about Steps to Christ, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Steps to Christ

Start your review of Steps to Christ
Cee
Mar 23, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Last week, our pastor told us about how he overcame bitter feelings toward another person. His first victory over the bitterness lasted all ten minutes and it was a good several weeks before he could truly say he was rid of it.

Such is Christian life and I love how Steps to Christ guides and encourages me through every triumph; every obstacle.

It starts off with a very important fact, that God loves us, and then proceeds to how we need him. It talks about repentance, confes
Christopher
Apr 21, 2010 rated it really liked it
This book is so simple yet so profound. The first time I read it I didn't see much value in it because it was all stuff I thought I knew, but I have read it several times since and each time its simple truths hit me in a deeper way. Recommended to anyone who wants to come closer to God and is looking for peace in the soul.
Max Hernandez
Apr 22, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ever wondered how to know Jesus and not just know about him? In my search for an answer I’ve found many suggestions that mean little or nothing to me as they are very abstract and difficult to put into practice. In this book you’ll find concrete bible truths that you can apply to your daily life in order to get closer to God. The advice provided is plainly explained and to the point.
Aldus Baskerville
Oct 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Steps to Christ is one of those rare books that you read over and over again. It is an explanation of the basics of the christian life, yet it is a book that even mature Christians will find tremendously inspiring. I've lost count over the number of times I've finished the book, each time I read it I find something new to ponder about.

The book is structured after the stages of the Christian journey, it begins by drawing the attention to God's love for man, that even though man has fallen God is yea
Josh
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ellen White is among many authors who have been used by God to deliver His message. This book was phenomenal in its language and in its context. Ellen White portrays God's message in an understandable and beautiful way, mixing God's content with amazing allusions. One can sense that this woman was truly inspired by God through her writing. This is an amazing book that is sure to soften the hearts of its readers to the things of God and is a sure way to meditate and draw closer to God.
Louisa
Nov 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This little book is one of the best books I've ever read. It answers my deepest existential questions in a simple and meaningful way. It satisfies the needs and the questions of my heart and mind in the most unexpected manner.
Robbie Lacelle
Jan 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the most beautiful books I have ever read, this book explains how to have a close relationship with Jesus Christ. If you are a Christian or someone who is open to Christianity you should read this book. It will change your life.
Morgan Metcalf
Jul 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing
this is the book that sums up Christ's reason for life and His death. It's small and to the point-no beating around the bush is what i like. This book shows you the true savior-Jesus the Lamb of God
Chuck
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
At first I tried to read this somewhat like a novel, just flying through it from first to last. As a religious guide I do not think it is meant to be read this way. For those familiar with Christianity there is no new or groundbreaking material here so it can seem like the same old same old. It is instead just advice on how to grow spiritually in Christ, and as such I found it was much better to read a chapter each day or just a part of a chapter as you would with Bible readings. Read a little b ...more
Cecil
Sep 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A very interesting book about the bible.
Steve
Jan 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A book to keep close, and read, re-read, and re-read.
Marna Hand
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful book for everyone - newcomers to Christ or dedicated Christians. Something for everyone! Can be read over & over.
Charles  van Buren
Dec 22, 2017 rated it did not like it
Customer Review

Seventh Day Adventist teachings

By Charles van Buren on December 21, 2017

Format: Kindle Edition

Potential readers should be aware that Ellen White was one of the founders of the Seventh Day Adventist church in the mid-1800's. She purportedly had divine visions, some of which are said to be very similar to material in the Book of Mormon. The Seventh Day Adventists teach many doctrines which are not Biblical and are not accepted by eithe
Candace
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-5-star
In this short book, the reader learns about Jesus -- his love and friendship. He is there during our fears, anxiety and doubts. He tells us how to deal with them. Jesus gives us His peace. In the thirteen chapters we learn to trust Him, and we learn how to walk as a follower of Christ. I feel this is a very, inspirational book.
Cynthia
As a Seventh-day Adventist I was introduced to this book at the time of my baptism, in 1993, but really only read snatches of it over the years. This is my year to read the poor unread books laying about my house, and this slim volume rated as one that I could slip in to make my necessary quota for the week (because I'm aiming to read 100 books this year).

Because I have done some personal spiritual work of late, this small book really spoke clearly to me of Christ's love and his desire for a p
Powell Omondi
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was too deep, clearly outlines the path of a christian journey in knowing Christ.

The message is subtle and very deep, you have to read and internalize the message presented. I loved the author's way of passing the message in ways that connects to the reader.

The fifth chapter was one of my favourite where the author outlines the deep connection we need to get to Christ.

See the extract below from the fifth chapter

"Many are inquiring, "How am I t
Theology
Mar 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
A beautiful book to meditate prayerfully upon. It is written in a clear and poetic way. I do not know whether Ellen G. White is a true or false prophet but this book reflects the simplicity and assurance of the true Christian faith and is, if she is a true prophet of God, certainly a quotable work.

2 negative points are that she calls God the "Alseeing Eye" (in the Dutch translation at least). This was a symbol for the devil, not for God (she might have been unaware of this fact, as i
Patrice Yorke
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"It is impossible for us, of ourselves to escape from the pit of sin...Our hearts are evil, we cannot change them...There must be a power working from within, a new life from above, before men can be changed from sin to holiness. That power is Christ. His grace alone can quicken the lifeless faculties of the soul, and attract it to God to holiness."
This sums up the message of Steps to Christ. Of ourselves we can do nothing, but Christ in us, we can reach spiritual heights that we are not a
Jamie
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
"The poet and the naturalist have many things to say about nature, but it is the Christian who enjoys the beauty of the earth with the highest appreciation, because he recognizes his Father's handiwork and perceives His love in flower and shrub and tree. No one can fully appreciate the significance of hill and vale, river and sea, who does not look upon them as an expression of God's love to man."

Short, simple, and sweet. Lots of bible verses and encouragement.
Moyomoyo
Mar 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. My book is falling apart because I'm always rereading some of my favorite pages. Every time I read something from here it's like I pick up something new and inspiring. And when you look at the book, it's REALLY small. So to get such a big impact from something so small is really amazing. I read this also during my times of fasting. It really strengthens my walk with the Lord and increases my faith in him.
Vuyani
Oct 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Have read it more than 4 times, whenever I need to get back to the basics of my relationship with God I read this book. I'm currently reading it. If you want to get to know God, this is the book to start with. It's short and to the point, dealing with needful issues when beggining the journey of faith. I thought it deserved more stars ;-)
Terry
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recommended
I have read this book multiple times. Whenever, I feel the need for spiritual refreshing, I find it is a great read. In this world, full of so much pain, suffering, injustice and cruelity, there is no better refuge than a close relationship with Jesus. This book is a classic, well proven to touch your heart.
John
Nov 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who wants to learn more about Christ's sacrifice to the world.
Recommended to John by: Amazing Facts
Amazing every time I read it seems as if I have read it for the first time! The book has a lot of parts of the Desire of Ages but still it is the most beautiful book that I have ever read. If I could just say something about this inspired book is that it is among the best selling books in the world!
Kimberly Duarte
Dec 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amazing! If you don't know where to start when it comes to getting to know Christ, or how to build a relationship with Him, or even what being a true Christian really means, you will definitely find peace and clarity within this book. Definitely a good read, spiritual and with accordance to scripture.
Mark
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Extremely useful, thoughtful & biblical sound to help guide one's journey in knowing Jesus. I believe this book has been published in more languages than any other outside of the Bible. Ellen G. White is the most publish female author in history, & for good reason. She was certainly inspired by God. I refer to this little book frequently.
Brandon Paul Ford
Incredible

This book has helped me greatly with my walk. To endure the race and take the necessary steps of the Christian walk. This book points to the Savior and the free gift of salvation which He alone can give that Grace.
Diana Hernandez
Its are touching and commiting book its real easy and short to read, it real iformative and inspiring aswell. as a christian i really enjoy reading and learning, it really talks to the reader. Its bassiclly site jesus life back in bc as well as his pupose
Dan Walker
May 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Always brings me closer to Jesus and reassures me of God's love. Several passages are nearly memorized, so reading them again is like meeting an old friend. You will not regret reading, or re-reading, this book.
Opelo Mbakile
Feb 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Bob Mason
Aug 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely great.

It blends an evocative and deep picture of a loving, creative God with incredibly practical teaching on how to know Him and live the loving life of hope and confidence He offers through Jesus.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
jesus es mi amgo 1 2 Jun 18, 2013 04:43PM
Goodreads Librari...: ISBN 9780816317998 3 21 Aug 19, 2011 06:27PM

• A Trip Into the Supernatural
  • A Thousand Shall Fall: The Electrifying Story of a Soldier and His Family Who Dared to Practice Their Faith in Hitler's Germany
  • Telling Yourself the Truth
  • The Grave Robber: How Jesus Can Make Your Impossible Possible
  • God Drives A Tow Truck
  • Spirit-Led Parenting: From Fear to Freedom in Baby's First Year
  • Notes from a Dog Rescue in Progress
  • Moments with the Savior: A Devotional Life of Christ (Moments with the Savior) (Moments with the Savior Series)
  • Answering Islam: The Crescent in Light of the Cross
  • Unlikely Friendships: Dogs: 37 Stories of Canine Compassion and Courage
  • Story
  • The Dog at My Feet: Stories of the Dogs We Love
  • No Perfect People Allowed: Creating a Come-as-You-Are Culture in the Church
  • Muslims, Christians, and Jesus: Gaining Understanding and Building Relationships
In brief, Ellen Gould Harmon White was a woman of remarkable spiritual gifts who lived most of her life during the nineteenth century (1827-1915), yet through her writings she is still making a revolutionary impact on millions of people around the world. During her lifetime she wrote more than 5,000 periodical articles and 40 books; but today, including compilations from her 50,000 pages of manusc ...more
“God does not require us to give up anything that it is for our best interest to retain. In all that He does he has the well-being of his (own) in view. Would that all who have not chosen Christ might realize that he has something vastly better to offer them than they are seeking for themselves. Man is doing the greatest injury and injustice to his own soul when he thinks and acts contrary to the will of God. No real (and lasting) joy can be found in the path forbidden by Him who knows what is best and who plans for the good of his creatures. The path of transgression is the path of misery and destruction.” 16 likes
“Prayer is the opening of the heart to God as to a friend. Not that it is necessary in order to make known to God what we are, but in order to enable us to receive Him.” 14 likes