Start by marking “Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2 (BTVS Collection #2)” as Want to Read:
Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2 (BTVS Collection #2)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)

3.8  ·  Rating details ·  571 Ratings  ·  44 Reviews
In every generation, there is a Chosen One. A slayer destined to protect the human race. She alone must fight the demons of hell. She alone must risk her life to stop the spread of evil.

Buffy is the Chosen One.

In Halloween Rain, as if Halloween at the Hellmouth isn’t bad enough, a brewing storm threatens to bring new demons to life, just in time for a celebratory massacre.
Published August 10th 2010 by Simon Pulse

To ask other readers questions about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 2

Midu Hadi
Selena Beckman-Harned
Jan 09, 2011 rated it it was ok
The ideas were fine and probably would have made ok episodes, but Joss these writers ain't, and they can't write real Buffy dialogue. Read more like fan fiction than an actual book. But still fun.
Nico
Dec 24, 2010 rated it did not like it
barfy
Desiree M ~*~*~ LiveReadCollect
Over all the best in this collection was Bad Bargain. As a whole this wasn't a great collection of Buffy novels, sad to say. Individual reviews of each book are down below.

Halloween Rain:

2 stars. This one wasn't a fantastic read. It was all right but in comparison to other Buffy books I've read it wasn't up to par.

The story takes place in Season 1, the book references the Master and that he's still around, but it takes place on Halloween, which if you're a fan of Buffy you know that the first
Trisha FreakShow
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love these buffy books. They are so much like the t.v series
The  SciFi Chick Muses
Look, it's not Joss but it IS Buffy stories! What's not to like?
Jim C
Aug 04, 2014 rated it liked it
This is a collection of three stories based on the television show. These take place during the end of season 1 and the beginning of season 2. I liked the stories. They were readable and the authors correctly portrayed the characters. Here is a review for each story:

"Halloween Rain" - If you are a devout fan of the show you have to take this story with a grain of salt. This had to be written before season 2 was televised and an episode in that season nullifies this story. There is a local legend
Marie
Jun 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Buffy Fans
Recommended to Marie by: Goodreads giveaways
Recieved this from a goodreads giveaway, and was very excited to be chosen!
I guess the first thing I should start with is that I adore Buffy... and pretty much everything Joss Whedon created or inspired. (Browncoat!)
I also write/read fanfiction sometimes, 'cause I'm just awesome like that.
Still, I was hesitant when going into these stories...but when I won it from goodreads giveaways, I decided to go for it.
I'm going to go ahead and talk about it by story.

Halloween Rain -- Not the best o
Haley Knee
May 15, 2014 rated it it was ok
This book is so dull at times and other times I'm at the edge of my seat and I'm so excited for the characters and the plot to develop and then it stops and then it starts and then it gets worse and then it gets better. Sometimes I literally had to cover my hand over the page number so I'd stop glancing at it. Very frustrating, especially because I genuinely liked the crew but when you have various authors write 1/9 of the series things get very tangly. I kept stopping to think and trying to fig ...more
Danyelle
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Being a long time fan of Buffy the Vampire the Slayer, I enjoyed reading the stories, but they are not the up to par with some of the other books written based on the series. I don't think the stories would stand alone or be as enjoyable for someone who isn't familiar with the series and isn't a fan. A few thoughts on each of the stories is listed below.

"Halloween Rain" - When I first started reading this story, it felt kind of rushed, like the authors didn't take much time. While the usual bant
Melanie
Jul 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
First off, I must say that I'm a huge Buffy fan. I've watched and re-watched some of the episodes (okay...ALL of the episodes) a hundred times. I was really disappointed when I read the first volume (Buffy the Vampire Slayer Volume 1 : Coyote Moon, Night of the Living Dead, Portal Through Time) so I was kinda hesitant to buy volume 2. But being the Buffy fan that I am, I just HAD to buy it. I'm really glad I did because this book is great.

A lot of the Buffy characters from season 1 and 2 are in
Erin
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
Amy Beer
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
The only story out of these three that is worth mentioning was the second one.
The first story was horribly lacking in details and facts, it seems as if the person who wrote this has never watched Buffy in their life and therefore was unaware that even though monsters do seem to appear on Halloween, they shouldn't and take it as a night off! Not only that, but it was extremely predictable and lacking in originality. 1 out of 5.
The second story was far better. The story was original, had a great p
Cara
This book consisted of three separate stories that took place in season two, but weren't apart of the actual series.
1) Halloween Rain:
Wasn't interested in this one at all. Zombies? Boring. They had a couple episodes with zombies, I wasn't interested in reading about one as the zombie ones weren't my favs. I had hopes it was going to be more along the lines of the episodes were everyone transformed into their costume self. Obviously I didn't want it to be the same, but something along that path w
Jarcey
Jun 24, 2014 rated it liked it
Xochiquetzalli
Jan 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
I think I enjoyed the second story the most, and the third story wasn't bad... but the first story? God! The first story, it almost made me not read the rest (in fact, had they been written by the same people I wouldn't have!) It's so poorly written, it took me forever to finish. I know these people aren't Joss (or Marty or Jane or any of the regular writer/producers), but paraphrasing Xander these guys "aren't too good at the putting the words together and making them come out good." And it's n ...more
EeeJay
Feb 16, 2011 rated it liked it
I won this copy through Goodreads first reads

I do have to admit that this book looks to be parallel to the season 1 of the series: Funny in a self-deprecating way (which I actually like...) but the time lags and skips get to be a tad confusing.

The stories could be a little better structured which becomes more obvious after watching all the seasons of BTVS, but the stories have a 'freshness' which is endearing.

The funny thing is, with the vampire overload in all sorts of stories (mystery, romance
Crusader
Mar 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Growing up, I was a huge Buffy fan. Every Friday at five, like clockwork, I would be in front of the TV waiting for Buffy to start. Nostalgia is a powerful thing.

I quite enjoyed this collection of three stories taking place during the early years of Buffy. There's witty banter and monster slaying aplenty. Of the three I must admit that I like Bad Bargain the most. Nasty diseases and creepy crawlies invading the school. What more could you want?

The only real criticism I have is that the stories j
Erin
Feb 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
The truly wonderful thing about this second volume of Buffy stories is the quiet references to jokes from the show, as well as to various episodes and situations. It made it feel like it was being told by a friend with all those inside jokes put in there. I thought the second volume was better than the first, with the writing being more adult and the stories tying in all of the characters. Angel was included more in the stories, which pleased me greatly. I enjoyed all three, but Afterimage was p ...more
David
An omnibus collection of 3 Buffy stories, set at different times during the course of the TV series. Having said that, in all 3 of these stories, Buffy is still at Sunnydale High ...

The first of these has by far the earliest setting, with mention of The Master (the villain in the very first series): I think this was written sometime during series 2. The second novel includes Spike and Drusilla and Jenny Calendar, while the third has mention of The Magic Box but is before that had a larger role i
Annie
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book made me feel like I was in a movie theatre as the writers continue the story of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Everything was so amazing; the authors captured the emotions and personalities of the characters like they were Joss Wheden, the original Buffy play writer. There were three books/episodes and my favorite was the first one, Halloween Rain. This showed everyone's personalities so well and how they react to everything. I look forward to reading the third book of the series to see how ...more
Linda Kimpton
Jul 19, 2013 rated it liked it
Good enough stories for spending some more time with the old favourites in Sunnydale. I enjoy (and miss) the Scooby Gang, so it was a nice trip down memory lane, but of course nothing will replace the finished TV series (I find even the comics just can't compare). The middle story of the three in the book was the most enjoyable, but none of the three live up to some excellent Buffy stories I've read in other books.
Zoe Daigle
Oct 22, 2014 rated it it was ok
Okay story wise, and honestly, they would've been pretty good episodes. But these writers didn't do these characters justice, each one Varied on okayness with getting the dialogue and characterization down, but it honestly wasn't good enough. I had a hard time getting in to the story, it just wasn't real enough, good stories, the plot seemed to flow pretty well, but when the dialogue and interactions between the characters isn't believable enough, the book isn't really worth reading
Rachel McKitterick
4.5 stars. Its Buffy. Enough said.

It was SO good (and needed) to get a dose of Xander the sarcastic, Buffy fighter, Willow the sweet, Giles the British and yes even Spike the punk.

Buffy how I love you so!
Shelley
Aug 05, 2011 rated it liked it
For anyone who likes the show, this is a great adaptation for the book form. Filled with all the witty comments and one liners that keep the reader on their toes, this humorous version of vampire slaying is true to it's roots.
Octavia Cade
I read and reviewed all three of the novels collected here separately, so this is just a quick note for my own reference. The two star rating is an averaged one: I gave both Halloween Rain and Afterimage two stars each, and Bad Bargain (my favourite of the bunch) three.
Artemis
Ah, dear Buffy. I am glad that I can continue your story after my mom banned me from watching the show. :) Doesn't your name create some laughter amongst my friends who did not know you as I do.
Carol Gleason-rechner
Aug 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
They're stories about Buffy. Of course it's awesome.
Amy
Jul 19, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, series
Halloween Rain - 2/5 stars
Bad Bargain - 4/5 stars
Afterimage - 4/5 stars
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 3 (BTVS Collection #3)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Vol. 1
  • The Angel Chronicles, Vol. 2  (The Angel Chronicles, #2)
  • Bad Bargain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #5)
  • One Thing or Your Mother (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #10)
  • Night of the Living Rerun (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #2)
  • Revenant (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #11)
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer Omnibus Vol. 7
  • Wicked Willow II: Shattered Twilight (Wicked Willow, #2)
  • Go Ask Malice: A Slayer's Diary (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 2, #9)
  • Return to Chaos (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 3, #17)
  • Impressions (Angel: Season 3, #3)
Nancy Holder, New York Times Bestselling author of the WICKED Series, has just published CRUSADE - the first book in a new vampire series cowritten with Debbie Viguie. The last book her her Possession series is set to release in March 2011.

Nancy was born in Los Altos, California, and her family settled for a time in Walnut Creek. Her father, who taught at Stanford, joined the navy and the family t
More about Nancy Holder...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1 - 10 of 71 books)
  • Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 1 (Tales of the Slayer, #1)
  • Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 2 (Tales of the Slayer, #2)
  • Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 3 (Tales of the Slayer, #3)
  • Tales of the Slayer, Vol. 4 (Tales of the Slayer, #4)
  • Spike and Dru: Pretty Maids All in a Row (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • Blackout (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
  • Halloween Rain (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #1)
  • Night of the Living Rerun (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #2)
  • Coyote Moon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #3)
  • How I Survived My Summer Vacation (Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 1, #4)
“We're all leaving now", Blue Eyes whispered to her. "Together. Out the front door. Scream, and we'll kill you here and now.
"Or later", Willow suggested nervously. "Later would be a big improvement on that idea. We could meet back here in, say, an hour, and you can exhibit your homicidal tendencies then, okay? That would be way better for us.”
7 likes
“Yo, zombie guys, pay attention. When it's Simon says, that means you have to do what I say. Let's be more direct. The Slayer says die, like, forever.” 4 likes