Start by marking “Guarding a Notorious Lady (Devine & Friends, #3)” as Want to Read:
Guarding a Notorious Lady (Devine & Friends, #3)

Guarding a Notorious Lady

(Devine & Friends #3)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  1,490 Ratings  ·  148 Reviews
A woman of pristine breeding, Lady Rosalind Devine is also an unrepentant meddler and snoop—which is why her brother refuses to leave her to her own devices while on his wedding trip. But Rosalind will not make things easy for any unseen, unwanted "nursemaid"—and vows to use her considerable wiles to expose her mystery guardian.

Nicholas Kincaid, the Marquess of Winterbourn
Mass Market Paperback, 372 pages
Published May 31st 2011 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Guarding a Notorious Lady, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guarding a Notorious Lady

Shawna
Jan 05, 2010 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of lovesick, spunky heroines & best friend’s sister off-limits theme
3 stars – Historical/Regency Romance

Rosalind has been infatuated with her older brother’s best friend, Nicholas, since she was a girl, and she’s spent the past few seasons playing matchmaker for others and dodging unwanted suitors left and right, convinced that no other man could ever possibly capture her heart. Nicholas’s unexpected appearance for the London season brings a flutter of excitement, and she hopes to finally gain his attention. And when she finds out the real reason for his sudden
Kelly22
3.00 stars Historical Romance!

He was in love with her and he hid it well! She was in love with him and she hid it well! Yet alas in the process of dancing around each other the H/h finally admitted their unrequited feelings for each other! Dear readers, does the story sound familiar to anyone?

I admit it is a sweet and sexy Historical Romance with a blend of hilarity, but it is very much forgettable.

Lady Rosalind is a pristine noble and one of the most eligible women in society. Various fortune
IamGamz
Similar to the two books before it “Guarding a Notorious Lady” was just as sweet. This time around it’s Lady Rosalind Devine’s turn.

She has been in love with her brother’s best friend, Nicholas, for years, but he doesn’t seem to notice or even like her. Until her brother Gabriel asks Nicholas to be Rosalind’s guardian while he is away on his honeymoon.

Rosalind is not happy with the situation and makes life challenging for Nicholas, but oh so enjoyable for the reader!

I had great fun reading th
Jen Davis
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Please indulge me as a take a moment to gush over how much I loved this book. Guarding a Notorious Lady gave me everything I want in a Historical Romance. It was sweet and sexy. It had great characters. And fantastic sexual tension.

Lady Rosalind is one of the most eligible women in society. The local men have even started taking bets as to who will win her hand. So when her brother decides to go out-of-town with his new wife, he asks his old friend Nicolas to be her guardian. Of course, her brot
Pamela(AllHoney)
The third book in Olivia Parker's Devine & Friends series. Lady Rosalind Devine, sister of Gabriel (who we met in book 1), is in London for the season. Gabriel, her brother is leaving on his wedding trip and tells her she has a guardian to watch her while he is gone. Only he won't say who it is. Being a Duke's sister has its dangers and with Rosalind's ability to meddle and such, he feels the need to ask his friend, Nicholas Kincaid, the new Marquess of Winterborne, to secretly watch her. It ...more
Colleen
Very disappointing - no where near as good as the first two books in the series (both 5 stars for me). Had some funny moments and good banter between brothers (Gabriel & Tristan) and sister (Rosalind), but the story lacked between Rosalind and Nicholas. I could believe the attraction between them, but the reasons they weren't together were totally lame (on his part). They seemed to keep circling each other, he would be weak and act on his desires, then feel guilty and swear he would never to ...more
Vashti
May 06, 2011 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this 3rd installement about the Devine Family.This book had all that I liked in an historical romance, the sexual tension was great right up to the consumation by the lake. One of my mostfavorite scenes ws when the hero breaks into the heroines's room prior to telling her to keep her door locked from him.
Moon Love
Apr 06, 2012 rated it really liked it
Lady Rosalind Devine is a matchmaker. She's the first one to see how well the lively Madelyn would suit her brother, Gabriel, an upright and staid Duke. She also saw how the Earl of Rothbury was in love with Charlotte. She's 24 going on 25, and she's never been even remotely interested in any of her suitors. That's because she's already given away her heart. Nicholas Kincaid is the best friend of her older brother Gabriel. they've grown up together, but Nicholas has never given Rosalind even the ...more
Book Binge
Jul 29, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
First and foremost, I thought this book was too cute for words. I mean, I love the whole brother's best friend falls for the sister love stories and this was definitely one of them. Rosalind has had more marriage offers than she knows what to do with but she's refused every single one of them because she's in love with someone who doesn't know that she's alive....

...at least as far as she's concerned.

But Nicholas knows she's alive and really, each year Rosalind kills him a little more with how t
kris
May 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Rosalind Devine has been in love with the boy next door for 7 years. The boy next door, Nicholas Kincaid, has had boners for the girl next door for 7 years. Now he's a marquis and on guard for Rosalind. The only obstacles to love are lack of physical contact and approximately 15 chapters.

1. While this was more...coherent, in my opinion, than the second book, it still did not come together in a way that made me excited. One solid conversation would have taken this book out at the knees. Rosalind
Thenia
The story of Rosalind Devine, amateur matchmaker in love with her older brother's best friend, Nicholas Kincaid.

Nicholas has been tasked with guarding his best friend's sister while he and his new wife are on their honeymoon, something that proves to be a full time job, and not only because of a bet among the bachelors of the ton on who will marry her.

Rosalind is less than happy to be followed around like a child, but can't deny that she likes having Nicholas around, determined to take this chan
Lisarenee
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
How does the saying go?
‘While the cat’s away, the mice will play?’

A wager has been made
(in one of London’s gambling hells to
see who can win Lady Rosalind’s hand)

A Duke will go away
(on his wedding trip)

Hopeful suitors will wish to play
(at winning his sister Rosalind’s hand by fair or foul)

A protector will be named…
(to ensure his sister will come to no harm)

Rosalind has it all: brains, looks, pedigree, connections, and soon the one thing all rakes and fortune hunters desire the most - an absentee
Nana
Jun 02, 2011 marked it as dropped
I know it has that original lovely cover right up there. With that hottie Nicholas RIGHT UP THERE. :> but hey. I was itching for some photoshop.

I am most definitely curious on what happens between Lady Rosalind and Nicholas. I've loved the former ever since At the bride hunt ball. Karma is so lovely. The matchmaker is the one finding her match. This'll be too fun to ever miss out <3

ETA: 2012
Since there is a first time for everything, this would be the first time I was completely not at all
Carol *Young at Heart Oldie*
3.5 Enjoyable Stars

GUARDING A NOTORIOUS LADY was an enjoyable ‘hero falls for his best friend’s sister’ story but it just didn't tick all the right boxes for me.

Rosalind is a charming heroine...independent, smart and funny with a penchant for matchmaking, although some would tend to call it meddling. I love how she isn’t afraid to stand up to her brother, Gabriel (At The Bride Hunt Ball)…

“Am I not only to be pitied for my unmarried state but considered utterly helpless as well?”
“See here, Rosie
Maria
Aug 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
I reviewed this book for Night Owl Reviews:

Guarding a Notorious Lady by Olivia Parker is a fun and playful regency romance. The characters are well developed and the dialogue is bright, quick and humorous. I found myself captivated by both the story and Ms. Parker’s writing style. While this is the third story in the Devine and Friends series, it can easily be read on its own.

Lady Rosalind Devine is a fun and highly energetic heroine; she’s young, attractive and rich. She’s also sneaky, a busybo
Jess the Romanceaholic
This is a Quickie Review. For the Full Review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: May 31, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Imprint: Avon
Author’s Website: http://www.oliviaparker.net/
My Source for This Book: Netgalley
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 3, Devine & Friends
Series Best Read In Order: Works well as a standalone
Steam Level: Hot

**Reviewer's Note** The version of the book that I received was an Uncorrected Advanced Reader Copy, and therefore some issues may have been resolved
Jenn
Mar 14, 2011 rated it liked it
I had a hard time with this book. It just didn't build tension like I would have liked. The storyline is good, the characters were something, but there just wasn't any need or want for me to find out how they got to their HEA. I am not really sure why. It felt like I knew the entire book before I was out of the first chapter which was frustrating.

The fact that he is Scottish-ish doesn't add anything to the story other than mind-eye-candy, which is nice except that you then wonder why on earth h
Melanie
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this book for Romance Reader At Heart website.

RRAH's THOUGHTS AND PONDERINGS:

We met the heroine Lady Rosalind, a sister to Gabriel Devine, the Duke of Wolverest, in AT THE BRIDE HUNT BALL where I liked her well enough. But here, in GUARDING A NOTORIOUS LADY, I came to know who she is; what her dreams and desires are; and finally I get to know the love she feels very deeply for her brother's best friend.

We also met Nicholas Kincaid, Marquess of Winterbourne, in the same book and kne
Claudia
this is the third book in the Devine series and unfortunately it left me disappointed - even a little bit more than the second.

Rosalind is the sister of the duke of Wolverest - our hero from the first book - and is quite adapt at finding matches for the Ladies and Gentlemen of the Ton. But she has a problem finding her own because secretly she is in love with the best friend of her oldest brother.

as the Duke and his new wife leave London for their wedding trip, Gabriel ensures the help of his b
April
May 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
RATING:4.5)GUARDING A NOTORIOUS LADY(DEVINE & FRIENDS) by Olivia Parker is an interesting historical romance set in Regency London.It is the third in the "Devine & Friends" series,but can be read as a stand alone.See "At the Bride Hunt Ball" and To Wed a Wicked Earl". First let me say this is a story with witty banter,funny events,
romance,sweet sensuality,and love.This plot is interesting,how one man can the the guardian of one little woman and not become further attached.For Nicholas Ki
Mona
This should have been a very easy book to review because I liked both the story and the characters, but instead, it’s giving me a headache. Why? Because someone didn’t follow through on their job as editor.

I like Rosalind as the protagonist and Nicholas as the secret bodyguard. Their interactions are good with only an occasional bobble in the flow, but I can live with that.

What drove me to distraction, and stopped the story many times, were the abrupt changes in point of view. The story would
Virginia
Nov 19, 2011 rated it really liked it
Parker is definitely on my list of authors to follow. She is another Julia Quinn in my mind - full of humor and likable characters. This story hit all my buttons in terms of banter and chemistry. My only complaint is that the ending seemed a bit rushed and abrupt. Other than that, had a great time. :)
Stephanie
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This book had a fairly interesting presence. And, it took place simultaneously to the second book in this series - since we got to see Rosalind's point of view to Rothbury reciting Shakespeare outside her window.

Rosalind is the younger sister of a Duke - she's beautiful, wealthy, and well bred. Rakes want her for her beauty; fortune hunters want her for her money; aristocrats want her for her breeding. She's 25, basically a spinster, but men are obsessed with her. There's some kind of bet going
Ashley
Mar 30, 2018 rated it liked it
This is another 3.5 stars for me. I felt this book had a lot of potential, but it just fell a bit short. Many parts of the book felt rushed. I still enjoyed reading though and will anticipate the next in the series.
Amanda
Dec 05, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF @ 21%. Couldn't get into this one. I feel like I've read this exact same story a hundred times. Maybe if I didn't have so many other books in my TBR pile I'd have pushed through and finished this one.
Elaine
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!! Read it in one sitting....very entertaining.
Is Olivia Parker still writing?
Sam63
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love for a brothers friend is always an enjoyable read. The characters were delightful and the passion was just right.
Tarra
Apr 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Please write more books, Olivia Parker!!!! I love your humor and wit and these fantastic characters.

Tristan needs his HEA!
Nikki
Mar 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
Well that was very dull.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 11:54AM
  • The Viscount in Her Bedroom (Willow Pond, #3)
  • How to Seduce a Scoundrel (How To #2)
  • The Perfect Waltz (The Merridew Sisters, #2)
  • Wicked Delights of a Bridal Bed (The Byrons of Braebourne, #4)
  • After Dark with a Scoundrel (Lords of Vice, #3)
  • Lady of Seduction (The Daughters of Erin, #3)
  • The Earl's Dilemma
  • Seduction & Scandal (The Brethren Guardians, #1)
  • Waking Up With the Duke (London's Greatest Lovers, #3)
  • A Dangerous Man
  • Engaged in Sin
  • The Devil in Disguise (Regency Rogues, #1)
  • A Marriage of Inconvenience (The Arringtons and Wright-Gordons, #1)
  • Nearly a Lady (Haverston Family #1)
  • Once Upon a Scandal (Scandal, #2)
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • Heiress in Love (Ministry of Marriage, #1)
  • Lessons in Seduction (Once Upon An Accident, #2)
(1)romance author

Endowed with an insatiable yearning for happily-ever-afters, Olivia fell in love with the promise of happy endings found in the lovely pages of romance novels. When she's not reading or writing, she's quite the busy "governess" to a trio of lovely children.

She, sincerely, appreciates all of her

Devine & Friends (3 books)
  • At the Bride Hunt Ball (Devine & Friends, #1)
  • To Wed a Wicked Earl (Devine & Friends, #2)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Every Little Kiss (Sequoia Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Girls of Mischief Bay (Mischief Bay, #1)
  • Happy All the Time
    $17.99 $1.99
  • Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Atheists Who Kneel and Pray
  • Hold On My Heart
    $4.49 $0.99
  • One Day
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Wicked Love (Wicked White #3)
  • Water from My Heart