Start by marking “Prince of Magic (Children of the Sun, #1)” as Want to Read:
Prince of Magic (Children of the Sun, #1)

Prince of Magic

(Children of the Sun #1)

Independent Ariana, daughter of the Sun Witch, has the special power of healing--and now she tends to her emperor. But a prophecy points to Ariana as the one to save Columbyana from a growing evil. As an ally, Sian prepares this sensuous woman for the fight of her life. And when passion's heat mingles with the heat of battle, man and woman will never be the same.
Published March 6th 2007 by Berkley (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Prince of Magic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prince of Magic

Nytetyger
Jul 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009-challenge
This book starts the second trilogy of a nicely cheesy romantic fantasy series. Each book adds a bit more graphic sex, but that is also expected with the genre. And as an aside, although the title seems to imply that the main character is male, it really is the female protagonist who has the majority viewpoint and is whom the “prophesy” depends upon for this book.
Barbara ★
I am so very glad that I read books 2 and 3 before reading the this one because there is no way I would have continued the series after reading Prince of Magic. OMG it was simply terrible! The "hero" and I use that term very, very loosely was a freaking jerk. I couldn't stand Sian Chamblyn! And the heroine got on my ever-loving nerves. I actually had to force myself to finish this book as I really couldn't stand anyone involved in this story. UGH.
Stacie
Apr 10, 2007 added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Paranormal Romance
The story was about a healer who as to learn to fight due to a prophecy made. She is trained by a magician with whom she falls in love. They have to battle demons, vampires, etc to try and save their people form evil.
Laura Cordes
fantasy romance, the first in a trilogy. She's a witch who is destined to save the world (from the unspeakable evil demon) and he's an enchanter with commitment issues. They battle evil undead things.
Lady
Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I have loved this book since I first read it in my senior year of high school. I not only highly recommend this book, but I also recommend the Fyne sisters trilogy (the prequels) as well as the next two sequels to this book. This is easily not only one of the best fantasy series I've ever read, but also one of the best romance/erotica series I've ever read, too. actually, I recommend this author, in general. sure, the end of her books do often come away with schmaltzy, cheesy endings, but I'd sa ...more
Melissa ownsbey
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
liked all the purple shades on the cover of this book
cute fun fast read
enjoyable cheese romance fansaty book
Martina the Book Fairy
Jan 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Just finished Prince of Magic (★★★★) by Linda Winstead Jones. It's listed as the first book in the Children of the Sun trilogy, but since this trilogy is a continuation of the Fyne Witches trilogy, it's almost the fourth book in the series instead. I read & enjoyed the Fyne Witches trilogy in 2006 and enjoyed it enough that I bought Prince of Magic in early 2007, but that's around the time I moved into vampire/werewolf PNR and Prince of Magic has been sitting on my TBR shelf since then.

The
Natalie
Dec 08, 2012 rated it did not like it
Book 1 of the Children of the Sun series. I'm sure that there are others out there who totally enjoy this genre but I'm not one of them. This is set in a time that is earlier than modern times, maybe Renaissance times or earlier, and not necessarily on any true Earth timeline. Kings, Queens, emperors, wizards, witches, demon possession, village wenches, healers, and lots of "thou", "thus", "My Lord", and "My Lady". Not really anything here to entertain a fan of Dark Urban Fantasy. I've got book ...more
Jess
Oct 26, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Sian is a sorcerer who has a prophesy that involves the first born of the Fyne witches, Ariana. She must lead an army against Ciro, the prince that is possessed by a demon. She is determined to go to the Anwyrn, the wolf people that her cousin is Queen of and get their help, but along the way they meet the dark army and lose many. In the end, Sian and Ariana are together, in love, waiting to see if her cousin the Queen is found before they must head out again. I love this author, and this is a g ...more
Diana
Feb 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
Sian Chamblyn, a wizard, comes to find the firstborn children of the Fyne witches, who will be instrumental in destroying a great evil that threatens the land. Sophie's daughter Ariana is a healer at the palace, and Sian starts to train her to fight, while hiding the secret that Ariana is destined to die.

This book set up the ensuing conflict perfectly, while leaving enough hanging for the next two. Sian is an odd hero, but he and Ariana match well.
Andrea
Aug 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a trilogy and it was awesome! I couldn't put it down. This book leapt from the pages and pulled me right into the land of Columbyana and kept me there through Ariana and Sian's story. Though of course it's not over yet as there are two more parts to tell the whole story and I'm looking forward to reading them!
Rachel
Nov 29, 2011 rated it really liked it
Good book! I was so excited to start this series after reading the Fyne Witches set. I just can't put this book down!! Im glad that I waited until the one came in from loan before started the second one. I have a feeling i'd be so lost. Great book and great set! Can't wait to strt the next book and then the set after this one.
Amy
Feb 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2007
Awesome! Arianna and Sain are great characters. I'm loving the new battle and the great characters. So much adventure that it makes you wanna flip to the next page. I'm glad that Jones decided to continue the story through the kids.
Teresa
Out of 5 star:
Overall:4
P.O.V. alternating between hero, heroine, and a little bit of the baddie as well.
Romance: 3
Secondary Characters: 4
Likely hood of reading the rest of the series: 2
Jessica
Apr 11, 2015 rated it liked it
I felt like the events in this book happened really fast, like one chapter she's living her life and then literally the next chapter she's training to go into battle. But as a whole, I liked it and thought the plot was interesting!
Kristina
Dec 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Prince of Magic is the first book of a trilogy called The Children of the Sun. Lovers of paranormal romance won't want to miss this first installment. It was gripping, addictive, and stunning. I loved it.
Alice
Oct 23, 2009 rated it liked it
This 2nd trilogy is strictly middle of the road enjoyment for me. I enjoy the writing, characters and story, but wouldn't put it in my top anything list.

That being said I did really enjoy the first trilogy and am thinking I'm going to like the second. Good reads and a lot of fun!
Roxanne
Oct 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
Three is being generous, it was one of those books that I put down many times because I really did not wish to finish it. I did finish out of pure curiosity but book one will probably be all I read.
Anja Braun
Apr 30, 2009 rated it really liked it
Reading again..Cause I picked this up and I had forgotten I had read it..Looked on here and yes I had indeed read it in 2009..oh well..I still like it!!
Lyndi W.
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2-star

Whatever.
Marianne
Didn't have the intrigue that I liked in the first series., but I still found this enjoyable.
Robyn Ladage
May 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Bird
Sep 20, 2010 marked it as didnt-finish
This one started off OK, but the bad guys were doing some strange/disgusting things that really put me off. Didn't make it past the second chapter.
Erin
Dec 17, 2009 marked it as to-read
meh, I will come back to this one later. Didn't catch my interest like I thought it would.
Grace
Nov 24, 2009 added it
Now THIS series...I read the third trilogy before I read the first trilogy...
Hafiza
Merideth
Sep 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Merideth by: goodreads
Shelves: fantasy
it was an ok read. not great and not horrible.The ending did not feel like an ending it just ended which seemed a little odd.
Tammie B
Mar 05, 2008 rated it really liked it
Good romance-- I read all three- prince of magic, prince of fire, prince of swords-- I really got into the characters--
Blood Ember- Paranormal Romance 2 7 Sep 12, 2011 12:31PM
  • The Compass Rose (One Rose Trilogy, #1)
  • Razor's Edge (Horde Wars, #3)
  • Kept by Seduction (Wonderland, #4)
  • Warsworn  (Chronicles of the Warlands, #2)
  • Remedy Maker
  • Conquest: No Escape and No Fear (Trek Mi Q'an, #4 & #5)
  • Kiss of Darkness (Shadowmen #3)
  • Heart Thief (Celta's Heartmates, #2)
  • The Master (Sons of Destiny, #3)
  • Oath of Challenge: Conquering Kate (Shimerian Oath, #2)
  • Air Demon (Elemental Demons, #2)
  • Enchanting the Lady (Relics of Merlin, #1)
  • The Night Drifter (St. Leger, #2)
  • Ruined (Shadowed Love, Book One)
  • On Fire's Wings (Final Dance, #1)
  • A Rational Arrangement (Arranging Paradise, #1)
  • Warrior (The Blades of the Rose, #1)

Children of the Sun (3 books)
  • Prince of Fire (Children of the Sun, #2)
  • Prince of Swords (Children of the Sun, #3)