Start by marking “Principles of Marketing” as Want to Read:
Principles of Marketing

Principles of Marketing

The 11th edition of this text continues to build on four major marketing themes: building and managing profitable customer relationships, building and managing strong brands to create brand equity, harnessing new marketing technologies in the digital age, and marketing in a socially responsible way around the globe.
Hardcover, 11th Edition, 651 pages
Published February 1st 2005 by Prentice Hall (first published 1980)

To ask other readers questions about Principles of Marketing, please sign up.
Jake Turner You can get free solutions for Principles of Marketing here https://bit.ly/2OBxKVR. Sign up and register and get access to online resources for FREE
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Kum Barima i ma ma my account
…more
i ma ma my account
(less)

Start your review of Principles of Marketing
Vineet
Jul 24, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book is the marketing Bible of our times. Given to us as text book, I used to read it for leisure. Still do sometimes !!
Robayet Islam
Jun 14, 2012 is currently reading it
This is very enormous book for a marketing student. I love it.
Amir
Mar 15, 2009 rated it really liked it
Firstly I learned about Market.For understanding market you have to know about the environment of market, Business to Business marketing, how to search for new market or accumulate more information about the current market.
Secondly I learned that Marketing has three different strategy named:Relationship marketing,Segmentation and Positioning and Competitive strategy.
And finally I learned about the dominant ideas of the modern marketing consist of Price,Product,Promotion and Place. These four ele
Nader Abdelkader
This book is so effective in presenting the marketing principles and concepts. Very well organized and effective case studies and examples with clear explanation of everything. The Great Philip Kotler new edition book is amazing compared to old editions.
Em Chainey (Bookowski)
All "Principles" of Marketing; not theoric which I obsessed to understand. Finally I got it, marketing is not a science, it is a "discipline" which has scientific methods for measurement.
Fahed S. Al Kerdi
Another core reference in the field marketing, authored by one of the greatest marketing-theoretician. His book is the corner stone to understand marketing as subject to study.
Medhat Ramadan
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The first step in a Marketing studying success is to read this awesome textbook by the father of Mktg. Philip kotler.
The book really covered all the principles of MKTG and Cases to actual enterprises..
Recommended!
VERY NICEEE..:)
Ahmad hosseini
Jun 06, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: management
I think this book is the most completed and comprehensive marketing book. The book covers both traditional marketing area and on fast-growing and trending topics such as customer engagement marketing, mobile and social media, big data and etc.
The book format (somehow) is like academic book, so maybe it be useful for managers and professional marketers.
Rebecca Radnor
Generally referred to as the Bible of Marketing, I will be teaching this book this semester so I did something the students will never do (although none will admit it), I read it cover to cover. (Reason I never read it before is I was not a marketing major in University, life just sort of pushed me in that direction.)

Felt the early chapters while very interesting were overly long. It feels like Phil over the years just kept adding and adding stuff. Took me SO long to read some of them -- I'm tal
Vassilena
May 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marketing
A must-read for marketers, this book gives a really good basis for practice. It's written in an American manner, with lots of practical info, examples and case studies. Even if you are already a marketing graduate, it would do you a world of good to go through it and get familiar (or re-acquainted) with the main marketing principles.
Trent Rock
Oct 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a great overview textbook...tons of case studies....well organized...easy to read...
Julian
Jan 12, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was my reference book in college...and it was good...just that I didn't spend much time and attention in reading then...
Alcides
Mar 09, 2011 rated it liked it
Essentials
Jenni
Quite interesting book.
Thushara Vithanage
May 08, 2014 rated it it was amazing
My favorite marketing book of all time...
Safiullah
I WANT TO READ IT
Jacqueline Del fa
Aug 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The basis of my bachelor's degree and marketing career is this book. Great examples, genius author.
Baschar
One of the most important modern marketing books, The main points talking about Defining of Marketing and the Marketing Process , Creating and Capturing Customer Value, Company and Marketing Strategy: Partnering to Build Customer Relationships, and how . Understanding the Marketplace and Consumers, The Marketing Environment , Managing Marketing Information to Gain Customer Insights and Consumer Markets and Consumer Buyer Behavior. In addition to Designing a Customer-Driven Marketing Strategy and ...more
Asad Khan
Aug 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've actually re-read this book, the first time I read it I was in school some 14-15 years ago. (Time flies so fast).
This is a gem of a book and it had still after years and years had a lot to teach me.

I actually read a previous version of the book I had from 2004-2005 some of the stuff was outdated and some of the stuff made you feel nostalgic.

The book has re-enforced and refreshed the marketing concepts which I had forgotten over the years. I would highly recommend this book to all students a
Michael
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Bible of marketing.

This thick book encapsulates all the theoretical knowledge that one needs to know about modern marketing.

Illustrated with plenty of real-life examples, this book covers a broad range of topics, including product marketing (what value you're offering to your customers), positioning, promotion, pricing, or distribution

I strongly recommend this book.
Sunny Bui
Apr 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I’m student and my major is international business. There is no doubt that these contents is very basic for beginners who are figuring out about Marketing in 4.0 era and seeking out value delivery’ ways.
Leo Nguyễn
It's useful, very informative, well- structured and clear but super long. You'll need a huge patience to read all the things written there. It took me 18 days to read the book.
Assem Gbr
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS IN THE WORLED
Rachel Anne
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very thorough introduction to marketing with excellent examples relevant to Canadians.
Amira Amin
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
the start
Kreativna Knjižnica
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
A must read for students of marketing!
Mohamed Ateef
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's not a book for reading, it's a book for studying
Vijay Peddada
Sep 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Though I am a HR, I consider this book as ready reference in my desk....
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Marketing and Real Instagram Followers 1 1 Sep 18, 2018 05:34AM
New Sky Productions 1 1 Aug 23, 2018 11:04AM
The Best Way to Seek the Services of the Best Digital Promoting Company in India 1 2 Mar 30, 2018 07:14AM
Get Benefit of Discount Codes 1 3 Nov 02, 2017 05:56AM
Goodreads Librari...: Name author spelled the wrong way 2 19 Oct 27, 2017 11:25AM
Looking for some romance authors to test new resource (no cost) 1 1 Jun 26, 2015 12:10PM
wHAT HOW WHY WHERE WHEN MARKETING 1 25 Jan 26, 2010 04:22AM

• Organizational Behavior
  • All Marketers Are Liars: The Power of Telling Authentic Stories in a Low-Trust World
  • Competitive Advantage: Creating and Sustaining Superior Performance
  • The Future of Management
  • Strategy Safari: A Guided Tour Through The Wilds of Strategic Management
  • The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding: How to Build a Product or Service Into a World-Class Brand
  • Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors
  • Management
  • Social Media Marketing: An Hour a Day
  • Strategic Brand Management
  • Principles Of Corporate Finance
  • The New Rules of Marketing & PR: How to Use Social Media, Online Video, Mobile Applications, Blogs, News Releases, & Viral Marketing to Reach Buyers Directly
  • Smart Choices: A Practical Guide to Making Better Decisions
  • Human Action: A Treatise on Economics
Professor Kotler's book, Marketing Management, is the world's most widely used graduate level textbook in marketing. His other textbooks include Principles of Marketing and management: An Introduction and they are also widely used around the world.
Kotler developed new concepts in marketing including atmospherics, demarketing, megamarketing, turbomarketing and synchromarketing. He believes that mar

News & Interviews