Start by marking “Le Petit Nicolas Et Les Copains” as Want to Read:
Le Petit Nicolas Et Les Copains

Le Petit Nicolas Et Les Copains

(Le Petit Nicolas #4)

Les aventures pleines d'humour de la joyeuse bande du Petit Nicolas : Clotaire, Maixent, Geoffroy, Alceste et les autres.
Mass Market Paperback, 142 pages
Published November 15th 2001 by Gallimard (Folio junior) (first published 1963)

To ask other readers questions about Le Petit Nicolas Et Les Copains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Le Petit Nicolas Et Les Copains

Start your review of Le Petit Nicolas Et Les Copains
Reem
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
English review:
A delightful set of short stories that feature the main character Nicolas and his friends! The stories tackle a wide range of topics, from stamp collecting to athleticism, which enabled me to acquire a diverse set of vocabulary. The illustrations are also very amusing and light. Overall, a very enjoyable book for both adults and children alike.

French review:
Le petit Nicolas et les copains est un ensemble d'histoires courtes très agréables qui présente le personnage principal
Krista the Krazy Kataloguer
This is the second Nicholas book I've read, and I liked it as much as I did the first one. I can see why these stories appeal so much to boys. Nicholas and his gang are always fighting and getting into trouble. My favorite story in this collection was the one where Alec's father tries to teach Alec and Nicholas how to play chess. However, with these boys, what starts out as a nice, quiet game ends up being anything but. Entertaining and amusing, great fun to read. I must read more of these ...more
Eva
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: meadows
If I could be buried with any book I would pick this series. Also I tried for five minutes to find an excerpt to type up to give you an idea of how absolutely hilarious this book is but it's one of those that you don't really get a good one liner until you've read the whole book so that being said: PLEASE read this series if you can possibly find it.
Noah Kellstedt
P3 to p16. In this part of the book Nicholas and his family are visting friends in the countryside. There they have lunch and Nicholas meets a new friend named Conrad but soon he got in trouble and they had to go home.
p16 t0 p21. Nicholas and his friends were going to have there chests x-rayed and Cuthbert started having a tantrum.
P21 to p34. in this part of the book Nicholas and his friends visited the new book store and they made the owner have a bad day.
I read from p34 to p56 and in this
Miku
Mar 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was interesting, full of crazy stuff but had no real story.
Magda
Sep 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kids-books
My husband & I love the series so much that we decided to name our child after the main character.

What is not to love about Nicholas. He is small, cutely naughty & believes to have the best parents in the world.

Nicholas is always up to something, mostly not good. He has group of friends alike him and they all get in trouble all the time & love playing.

Mikolay’s world is very simple, not too complicated by any kind of worries & full of childhood adventures, even though he isn’t
Kristin
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cannot remember the last book I have read that made me laugh so hard. I got hooked from the first chapter (short story?) about Mathew's Glasses and I started to look forward to the everyday lives of Nicholas and the gang.

I bought this book for my son since he has friends named Nicholas and Mathew (I thought that it would encourage him to read). However, I enjoyed the book more than him. I did not know that young boys are so busy. What they do seems too plain yet so fun!

It is perfect for when
Leah
Aug 06, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: french
J'adore ce livre! Seriously, Le Petit Nicolas Et Les Copains could not be more fun. It's sweet, silly, quirky and realistic. Nicolas and his friends are all kinds of fun, from Alceste with the constantly buttery hands to Agnan the class chouchou. Sempé captures the voice of a child so well: honest and naïve, stubborn and goofy, imaginative and unpredictable. And all the misunderstandings, games, squabbles, and adventures in the book just put a smile on the reader's face. Absolutely classic.

And
Agata
Apr 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nicholas and the Gang is the fourth book in the 'Nicholas' series by the French author Rene Goscinny. I have only read the first and fourth books in this series but I think they are very funny and absolutely loveable. The book is divided into 16 short stories, a collection of funny little anecdotes that don't really have any plot, but that's what makes them so good.
The stories are mainly about a group of young boys (aged around 8-ish) and the silly things they get up to inside and outside of
Amy
Sep 19, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was an absolutely delightful, charming, hilarious story about a young French boy named Nicholas. The book reads as a series of short stories about Nicholas and the escapades of his gang of friends. The stories were originally written and published in France in the 1960's. I love the atmosphere, cultural background, and flavor of this book...but as much as I loved it, I don't know if I'm quite ready to read it out loud to my 2 little boys who don't need any help thinking of mischief! ...more
Thebruce1314
Nov 06, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-gots
I always enjoy the format of these books: little individual stories that can be read in bite-sized chunks. Nicholas and his gang of friends are always getting into trouble at school and around their neighbourhood. I like that the situations they encounter are both funny and plausible, but it sort of annoys me that nearly every story ends with the boys in a brawl. Sometimes a little dated, but definitely worth a read.
Michael
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
As an adult, by the time you get to the fourth book in this charming series, the charm has rather disappeared. The formulaic nature which can enthrall kids and even enchant adults at first (I *loved* the first two books in the series) outlives its welcome, and the joy of successfully reading a book, even a little kids' one, in French, also goes away. You aren't left with much, but it's still cute enough.
RK
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Oh dear. The boys keep getting into a punch up and then Old Spuds comes along. Mr Miller, the younger teacher in the playground, just a bit older than the older boys, can't really cope with them at all. This is the first school he's ever taught at. The boys are boisterous, the cartoons - by the illustrator of Asterix - are lots of fun. It's charming in some ways, but it has no plot, therefore there can't be any spoilers in my review :-)
Tatiana
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
When I was younger I read this book so many times. Nicolas and his friends are just hilarious. The stories are very short, but the endings are extremely funny. The stories about the glasses and the secret code were my favorites. I just didn't know Goscinny was the author of the Asterix comic books, which I love. :D
Robyn Crystal Larsen
I am brushing up on my French since I am going to a French island in the Caribbean next month (Guadeloupe...no earthquakes there so far...). These books are intended for youth in France; but great for me to refresh my grammar. I also read outloud to work on pronunciation. These books are hilarious!
Angie Rhodes
Aug 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned
I read this as a child, and wanted to read as a adult, and yes it still has me giggling out loud. Nicholas is your typical little boy,goes to school and has a gang,,who along with him get into so much mischief without trying. Now the back says for children 7 to ten rubbish ,IT'S FOR ANYONE YOUNG AT HEART
Lê  Thu Thảo
This is my favorite kind of book - literature children. Innocent, funny stories seems nonsense but makes me feel really better. When I'm down, there's something simple like "Le petit Nicolas" makes me smile. I feel more balanced, and then self-controlled, ready to back to this disgusting-level-max life = )
Soon-gill
May 01, 2008 rated it really liked it
I have read this book and so has my son. Actually we read the English version. Nicholas and the Gang. Anyway this about an 8 year old boy who gets in all sorts of trouble. Alex (my son) thinks this is very funny. He is currently reading NIcholas. Alex also likes all the Asterix and Obelix books by the same author
Eliška
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I used to like Nicolas when I was small, so when I was asked to read a book in French, it wasn't difficult to choose one. Nicolas in French is maybe even more cute and funny. And as an "older" reader, I realised that the book had a deeper thoughts and it could criticise both the children and the adults using the humor.
Wsclai
Apr 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's humourous and I like that it shows the innocence of children. The language is easy enough for ESL students and the illustrations are lovely. The downsides are the repetitions and it involves quite a lot of fighting and name-calling among the gang members.
Sherry
Jul 29, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When reading this book, I knew I would have loved it if I had read it as a kid. The story is whimsical, ironic, humorous, and exciting; well, it would be for a kid. For me, it's just very silly but creative. Unexpectedly creative.
Tammy
Feb 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect for sharing with all levels of French classes! Great for introducing new and common vocabulary. Good practice in recognition of verb tenses. Plus enjoyable short reads for anyone familiar with the language!
Suzanne
Funny, whinsome, etc, but the humor got old. I read a few chapters, then skipped to the last to see if the vignettes had changed much. They hadn't. Since this won a Batchelder Honor Award, it clearly worked for other people.

Please share if you loved it - what worked for you?
Joshua
Feb 06, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Think Calvin & Hobbes, except no Hobbes and a half a dozen Calvins. Hilarious little Thurberish episodes--totally cracked me up. And Nicholas has just a great, genuine voice; it honestly doesn't even read like a translation.

Really got me craving some pain au chocolat, though.
SsRs
Jun 14, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One phrase is sufficient for a review: All ages from seven to seventy can enjoy Jean-Jacques Sempé's
"Petit Nicolas"
Signoranimal
Oct 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my favorite books when I was a kid and I still really enjoy it
Caitlin
One of the better books I read for a French class in school. Loved the fact that I got to play "Rufus" the class troublemaker in our skit of the book.
Christina
I love all Petit Nicolas stories!
I've read them all at least twice!
Mary
Jan 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
This one might be my favorite in the series. Just a funny little book. :)
Molly Westerman
(read 10.5 of 16 chapters/stories; just didn't feel the want-to-know momentum that would make it fun reading as well as learning-French work)
..... 2 13 Dec 09, 2011 05:59PM

• Les Malheurs de Sophie
  • La Sorcière de la Rue Mouffetard, et Autres Contes de la Rue Broca
  • The Crowfield Curse (Crowfield Abbey, #1)
  • Silvermysteriet (LasseMaja #27)
  • Operasjon Sirkus
  • Marvin Redpost: Kidnapped at Birth? (Marvin Redpost, #1)
  • Big fat cat and the mustard pie
  • Marvin Redpost: Why Pick on Me?
  • Le Petit Nicolas (Tome 9) - Le chouchou a la poisse: D'après l'oeuvre de René Goscinny et Jean-Jacques Sempé
  • Dzieci z Bullerbyn
  • Lettres de mon moulin
  • A Crime in Holland (Maigret #8)
  • Αστέρια στην άμμο
  • Asterix and the Falling Sky (Astérix, #33)
  • Zoomysteriet (LasseMajas detektivbyrå, #12)
  • Fables
  • Φιλια σε τεσσερις...ροδες
  • Spitfire in Love - Avant Chasing Red
René Goscinny was a French author, editor and humorist, who is best known for the comic book Astérix, which he created with illustrator Albert Uderzo, and for his work on the comic series Lucky Luke with Morris (considered the series' golden age).

Series:
* Asterix

Le Petit Nicolas (1 - 10 of 15 books)
  • Le Petit Nicolas
  • Les Bêtises du Petit Nicolas
  • Le Petit Nicolas et ses Voisins
  • Le Petit Nicolas Voyage
  • Les Surprises du Petit Nicolas
  • Le Petit Nicolas, c'est Noël!