Start by marking “Natalie & Naughtily” as Want to Read:
Natalie & Naughtily

Natalie & Naughtily

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  83 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
Natalie and Naughtily Nopps live in a house on top of a big department store. Natalie loves visiting every floor from top to bottom! Naughtily? From bottom to top! One day the girls receive a note from their parents asking them NOT to play in the store that day!

"Today we shall go to the store to help!" they agree.

Evening gowns are on two, perfume and hats on three, coats o
Published September 16th 2008 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Natalie & Naughtily, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Natalie & Naughtily

Maggie Stiefvater
This picture book is about Natalie and Naughtily Nopps, two children who live in their family's department store. Each spread takes us to another floor of Nopps, a Harrods-like store, populated by eccentric, whimsical people and products, all done in busy inky line-work and watercolor wash.

I picked this up because it looked charming and full of plenty of the visual fiddly bits that my daughter likes looking at. I officially became mother of the year -- we've read this book more times than I car
Dolly
Mar 01, 2011 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, 2011
This is a fun story about rich little girls who live in a fancy house atop a department store (with their name on it). The tale is somewhat reminiscent of the Eloise stories, due to the extreme riches, misguided attempts to help and the slightly mischievous, authority-disregarding nature of the little girls. The story is interesting and we had fun looking at all the details. There's a copy of Natalie's list in the back of the book, with a list of items to find on each floor of the store. And we ...more
Nick Molinet
Apr 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great book that is fun and in the end includes a list of hidden items that you can find through out the book. Natalie and Naughtily Nopps are two twins that live in their families store NOPPS. Throughout the story the two girls go from floor to floor of the store trying to find a place where they can help, but all that the adults in each floor tell them is that "this is no place for little girls to play". Through the story they meat a couple of boys who they become friends with and in ...more
Kathryn
I thought this was a cute little story and it reminded me a bit of Eloise at the Plaza--though I am not sure Natalie and Naughtily INTENDED to make a mess of things. They simply want to help their parents run the enormous, humongous, busy-busy department store that bears the family name (Natalie and Naughtily live in a house at the tip-top of the store). Yet, their "helpfulness" only leads to long customer lines at the complaints department--except for two very satisfied customers who are extrem ...more
jacky
Jun 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
I had just taken this book off of our to-read list thinking it was just an obscure title we'd never get around to. But then, Natalie typed in her name into the computer at the library and it turned up only this book! This was her first time typing or using a search. So, of course we took it out. Turns out it was a great book. The illustrations made the book. We had lots of fun looking for the two brothers on each floor.
Terry
Apr 29, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is fun from beginning to end. Natalie and Naughtily are two very different twins who live on top of their parents' department store. and their favorite thing to do is to play in the store. although we are told the twins are very different, they both seem to get in trouble on the day they are told not to play in the store and they decide to 'help' instead. The illustrations are complex, colorful and fun to work your way through.
Misty Stehle
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story of two girls who live in their families department store. They see that the store is very busy and are asked so stay out of trouble. However, they go from floor to floor trying to help people. Everyone tries to tell them they shouldn't be there but they insist. Very cute book!
Kyla
Feb 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: t-l-306
I loved this book. I think it is a great read for girls around 4th grade level. It describes a store, kind of like Nordstrom and all the trouble these two little girls get into.
Beth
Jan 17, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This story is charming, and the illustrations are perfect. A winner.
Rachel Davidson Schmoyer
The intricate pictures make this book! They are funny. I also liked the whimsical names the author created. Simple story, but lets you pay attention to the artwork.
Gabrielle Blockton
Date: August 30, 2014

Author: Vincent X. Kirsch

Title: Natalie and Naughtily

Plot: Natalie and Naughtily Nopps live in a grand house on top of the greatest department store in the world. On one of the busiest days in the store, the girls have been asked by their parents to NOT play in the store. The girls then decide that because they cannot play, they will help their parents with the department store...one store at a time.

Setting: Nopps Department Store

Characters: Natalie and Naughtily Nopps

Point
Brandy
Apr 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this from the library based on a recommendation from one of my favorite YA authors. The kids loved it, which made it even better.

It would definitely take more than one reading to be able to take in everything in the pictures and to follow the adventures of Natalie and Naughtily as they go through each floor of the department store. (And we did talk about how they probably should have listened to their parents and the adults in the story, as that would have been the proper and respectful t
Heidi-Marie
Meh. Not my favorite. I liked seeing the sisters do opposite things. Lots of busyness in the illustrations would me entertaining in a read-alone. Makes one wonder what it would be like to grow up in a department store so huge. But I found myself getting tired of the slight repetitions and no one appreciating their attempts to help. Plus I was confused as to which lines the customers were in that they had helped, since there were more than 2 lines. Eventually I was waiting for the book to end. Ha ...more
Maritsa
Nov 29, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just like the other children's book I just reviewed, I found this book at the 'free books' pile at my local library.

I really, really like the illustrations in this book. A child will definitely love this book, and as for the story, I felt it was just 'okay'. Overall, I recommend the read.
Natalie
I like the title, tee-hee.
Tina Bartholoma
"twin girls in department store, helping, being different"
Rachel
Dec 10, 2008 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
My 2 daughters alternate these personalities :-)
Lindsay
Apr 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 05-stars, rec-by-cj
As read to me by Carley on April 14, 2012.
Zack
Nov 26, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Too long for a storytime and would probably lose all the boys in the room. Might be good for one-on-one reading. Art is nice but gets a bit busy at times.
Rose
Jun 15, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is the best picture book ever! i love it! it's so lovely!!!!
Allanna
Sep 12, 2008 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Cute. But not one of my all-time favorites.
Ms Threlkeld
Fun and engaging illustrations, but a lackluster story.
Lepidoptera
May 21, 2011
☺Trish
Mar 23, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Vincent X. Kirsch is an artist, designer, toymaker and writer of books, film and television projects for people of all ages.

Mr. Kirsch’s first picture book Natalie & Naughtily was published in the fall of 2008 by BloomsburyUSA Publishing. His work has appeared in three recent Original Art Shows at the Society of Illustrators in New York City.

He has also published other books:
A sequel of sort
More about Vincent X. Kirsch...