Start by marking “Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)” as Want to Read:
Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)

Mini Shopaholic

(Shopaholic #6)

3.72  ·  Rating details ·  53,760 ratings  ·  3,098 reviews
Sophie Kinsella has dazzled readers with her irresistible Shopaholic novels--sensational international bestsellers that have garnered millions of devoted fans and catapulted her into the first rank of contemporary storytellers. Now her beloved heroine Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) returns in a hilarious tale of married life, toddlerhood, and the perils of trying to give a ...more
Published September 21st 2010 by Dial Press

To ask other readers questions about Mini Shopaholic, please sign up.
The Book Crusader I don't recommend you read the first five books. I also don't recommend that you read this one. …moreI don't recommend you read the first five books. I also don't recommend that you read this one. (less)
Becky Read them. Some people think these books aren't worth reading but I love them. They crack me up. It's just a fun, lighthearted read.
There are 8 books…more
There are 8 books altogether (I'm writing this in 2017) though there may be more to come. (less)

·  53,760 ratings  ·  3,098 reviews

Start your review of Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #6)
kari
Oct 09, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2010
Becky Brandon(nee Bloomwood)got on my very last nerve in this book. She seems so selfish, so self-involved that I had trouble liking her and since the book is from her viewpoint I need to like her, at least a little bit. She lies to everyone,from her husband to her parents to her child's nanny to the administrator of her friend's child's school(although that lie was actually done to be kind).
I started to wonder if she was even capable of telling the truth or whether she even knew what the truth
peachygirl
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Same old Becky. Same old lies. Throw in an obnoxious 2 year old to the mix and we have cracked the plot of Mini Shopaholic!

Agreed, I've had fun reading about Becky Brandon née Bloomwood, her penchant for getting into unfathomable troubles and the way she weasles out of it like a pro. It has been a guilty pleasure of mine for quite some time. But this book was testing my limits.
People like Becky should be banned from raising kids. Minnie was bratty, awful and extremely annoying for someone with
A cute introduction to two-year-old Minnie Bloomwood who appears to be developing similar traits of her sweet but "I want all the things" mother. Becky (and Luke) must confront how their issues may impact Minnie moving forward, and of course Becky gets herself into a jam although her intentions are the absolute best. The misunderstandings that come up as a result of secretive event planning are pretty funny, and I enjoyed that Kinsella revisited an extended family member who manages to surprise ...more
Jacqui
Sep 26, 2011 rated it did not like it
I've always enjoyed the Shopaholic series, as it's a great beach read. Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) is a zany character who gets in scrapes, but is ultimately lovable.

Perhaps that was true for the first 5 books in the series. By this point, the schtick has worn down to a nub. Becky is a materialistic liar and she becomes less sympathetic with each book. A more stable woman would have been deserted at this point in real life, or even in any good book. Not only is she the Poster Child for financi
Francie
Apr 06, 2010 rated it really liked it
Talia
Becky Brandon (neé Bloomwood) is back, and with her two year old Minnie in tow. Unfortunately, Minnie seems to be a bigger shopoholic than Becky is, proclaiming everything in the stores “MINE!” As a result, Luke is stressed out, and a financial crisis doesn’t help the situation. Becky wants to throw a surprise party for Luke, but with the financial crisis, a strict budget, and a “spirited” daughter, how can she?

Something about this book really bugged me. Maybe it was the fact that Becky takes no
Carolyn  Storer
3.5 Stars

I don't usually read books in this genre any more, but I will always make an exception for Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series. I adore Becky Bloomwood. She's a character I find hard not to like with her scatty personality and her inability to walk by a designer store without making a purchase. It was this aspect to Becky's character that made me pick up the first book in this series, The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic, as I could identify well (a bit too well!) with Becky and her re
Angela Risner
Jun 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
I enjoyed the Shopaholic novels, although I wondered how much lying one character could do in a book. Well, Sophie Kinsella has taken that challenge and upped the ante in this new tome.

I don't know, maybe it's the recession, maybe it's the fact that I've been out of a job for almost two years, maybe it's the fact that I can't stand bratty children, but this was not my favorite Kinsella offering.

First of all, it's probably a bit too close to reality. Becky, her long-suffering hubby Luke, and thei
Leah
Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) thought motherhood would be a breeze. She thought herself and Minnie would just shop all day every day. What Becky didn't count on though was Minnie's tenaciousness and determination when it comes to the things she wants (her favourite word is "mine"). Not to mention Luke, Becky's husband, has had a stressful year. In a bit to cheer him up, Becky hits on the idea to throw him a surprise birthday party but as always with Becky, things don't quite go according to plan ...more
Erin
Apr 24, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: library-borrowed
Aww.. little Minnie Brandon is experiencing the terrible twos but both Luke and Becky are just a little concerned that it might be more than that. They just have very different views on tackling that issue. In addition, the whole country is heading into a recession and the Brandons are still struggling to move out of the Bloomwood home and find their paradise.

Lots of strife and complications with family and friends in this one, but my fave part of the story was the return of Luke's biological m
Eni
Feb 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, made-me-laugh
There's nothing special about this book or the other 5 books of the series,actually there's a selfish character that i would never like.That's Becky Brandon(nee Bloomwood).She got on my nerves most of the time,but i never stopped reading.I wanted to read until the end and hoping all the time that she changed her ways.And f*ck,she did't.
Then why 4 stars ??
Because i always like a funny character who makes me laugh.A book that's not depressing,that can make you forget about your problems.And beside
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of lolz!

Sophie Kinsella does not let down fans with this instalment to the ‘Shopaholic’ series. This is a great read in more ways than one, not just because it was great to read about Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood!) and her mishaps, but the comedy value throughout left me chuckling out loud whilst reading and telling my poor husband about what I had just read.

To be honest, before I started reading this book I was sceptical about how Kinsella could make this an original story, after all the g
PurplyCookie
In the latest installment to the Shopaholic series, Rebecca Brandon returns with willful two-year-old Minnie, who has taken after her mother in her fierce determination and her addiction to luxury brands. When the financial crisis finally hits the Brandon family, Rebecca vows to stop shopping until she's worn everything in her closet at least three times; Luke scrambles for new business directions; and Minnie remains exceptionally difficult (Miiiiiine!!!).

Becky used to be young, silly and funny
Maggie
Sep 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
**3.5 stars really but what the hell, I'm feeling generous. Rounding this up to 4 stars for making me laugh after the doom and gloom of my previous novels.**

The Shopaholic books aren't going to change your world, but they're fun and airy. I read the previous 5 Shopaholic books back-to-back one weekend* last year and by the 3rd book, Becky Bloomwood went from endearing to irritating. However, even at her most maddening (like, seriously, she still doesn't realize she has a shopping problem?), Soph
Aleida Oskam
Sep 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One of the first book series I enjoyed reading. So I liked this one as well. I read it a long time ago already but wanted to re-read it before I started reading Shopaholic to the Stars. This story was a usually Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) story which I really enjoyed reading. Really looking forward to reading the next book!
Lauren
Mar 16, 2010 rated it liked it
I am very addicted to the shopaholic series- I read all five in less than two weeks!! I can't wait for this one to be released... ...more
Joya
Sep 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
The ending of this book keeps you from regretting pushing through to finish. However, all in all the book was annoying. Unless this is your first shopaholic book you will definitely find all of Becky's 'quirks' hugely annoying rather than charming.

Basically Becky is an annoying whiny b**ch, Minnie is a spoiled brat and Luke is a neglectful a**hole. And her parents... made me want to go home and hug my own parents.

For fiction, especially chick lit, it's really hard to say a character should know
Friends of  Linebaugh Library
Normally I love Becky!! She is one of my favorite characters. Her life is always a complete and utter mess with these massive holes she digs herself into...and yet she has the biggest heart and only does it because she means well. I really used to love that about her. This time around, however, Becky Brandon (nee Bloomwood) got on my ever lovin' nerves like no one else could! She came off being completely selfish and self-involved. I was sorely disappointed and really I had trouble liking her as ...more
Hannah
Feb 06, 2019 rated it liked it
About two years have passed since #5 and Minnie (Becky and Luke's daughter) has a habit of wanting things in the shops just like her mother. The pocket money idea is never going to last at 50p. She likes saying mine but in looks is more like Luke and Elinor.

For much of the book i'm wishing Luke would be more of a dad because he's still such as Workaholic.The only time he can sort of get away with it to me is when the bank of London goes bust but i still wouldn't like to have Luke's job. When th
Love Fool
Feb 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Becky Brandon thought motherhood would be a breeze and that having a daughter was a dream come true: a shopping friend for life! But it's trickier than she thought. Two-year-old Minnie has a quite different approach to shopping.
Minnie creates havoc everywhere she goes, from Harrods to her own christening. Her favorite word is "Mine!" and she's even trying to get into eBay! On top of everything else, Becky and Luke are still living with her parents (the deal on house #4 has fallen through), when
Uci
Jul 28, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-book
It's a bit disappointing. After five books in the series, you'd think there will be a character development. Becky is 29 yo now, with a child. But having a child doesn't stop her from being childish. She's still the same old Becky who acts without thinking and creating disaster after disaster, unnecessarily. And the lying! Come on, after five books...don't you think it gets boring?

And this book shouldn't be titled Mini Shopaholic. In the end, it's all about throwing a big surprise party for Luke
Aug 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: library-books
My need to finish every series I start is starting to drive me nuts.
Holly Baker
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved being back in the world of the Shopaholic Becky Bloomwood! This is such a great series and I look forward to diving into the next book!
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Why, hello there Rebecca Bloomwood, the most extravagant, spendthrift lady in the world, we meet again!

Two years ago, I’ve already read her first 5 books (Shopaholic series), (review links found in my blog - https://imacoffeeholicbookworm.wordpr...) but I wasn’t able to read Mini-Shopaholic immediately afterwards. A month ago, we did some renovations in our house and found some of my old books and soon, I saw myself flipping the pages about the tiniest shopaholic in town!

Like Mother, like daught
Ciara
Sep 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
i wish that this series would just run its course, but tragically, the last few pages set the stage for yet another sequel in which becky & her family have obnoxious adventures in hollywood. i feel like sophie kinsella made an attempt to ground her protagonist, becky, in modern times by setting her adventures against a background of economic panic & recession, but somehow, that made becky's hijinks even more annoying.

becky's daughter, minnie, is two in this book, & well on her way to being a spo
Winna
Sep 02, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: chicklits
I'm a big fan of the ever so hilarious Shopaholic series.

I don't know whether I'm the one who's changed, or the series are not that great anymore. It used to be so funny and thrilling. This one's still funny, and the last half of the book quite a madcap adventure, as some reviewers call it, but the rest is flat, boring, and I don't find myself loving the adventure I'm in, at all.

Becky, as a mid 20s, single woman with an independent career, albeit with a huge credit card debt, I'm fine with it. B
Alaina
Jun 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay, I need to get a few things off my chest before I dive into this review:
First off this book, Mini Shopaholic is a reread.
Second, I'm definitely rating it higher than I did the first time I read it.
And third, I freaking love Minnie.

What would you expect the child of Rebecca Brandon's to be like?! Oh, exactly like her. A little mini Rebecca. However, I just love the amount of sass this child gives off. Yeah, Minnie is a two year old but hell she knows what she wants and that's shopping and
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥

In Dept

Best Part:
Jess cracks me up!
Worst Part: N/A
Thoughts Had: Aw Minnie; Whoa she's a trip; Go Jess!

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: Oh another great book in the Shopaholic world. I loved seeing Minnie! She was a trip for sure. Becky is gonna spo
Shannon
Mini-Shopaholic

The Characters

Becky Brandon (neè Bloomwood)
Luke Brandon
Mini Brandon

and a host of family and friends

The Story

Although I love Becky Bloomwood her tendency to dig herself into the biggest holes with stupid lies has gotten a little old. Also I think this book suffered from too many plots. They seemed to add up to just be a hundred pages of extra nonsense for no reason.

I will say I loved the main story of Becky throwing Luke a party and all the ways the surprise
Linda
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: readforkimberly
Another fantastic entry in the series. I love Becky, she is such a likeable character and you just want to root for her. This book was laugh out loud funny and so enjoyable. Minnie was so funny too. #readforkimberly
Chick Lit Book Club: Mini Shopaholic (Shopaholic #6) - July 2018 9 24 Aug 02, 2018 05:46PM
Mansfield Public ...: Mini Shopaholic Review by Lisa Smey-Adams 1 11 Jul 25, 2013 11:03AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Mini Shopaholic 1 5 Mar 09, 2013 06:01PM

• The Wedding Girl
  • The Gatecrasher
  • Cocktails for Three
  • Last Night at Chateau Marmont
  • Sleeping Arrangements
  • Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason (Bridget Jones, #2)
  • 40 Love
  • Queen of Babble Gets Hitched (Queen of Babble, #3)
  • Queen of Babble in the Big City (Queen of Babble, #2)
  • Something Blue (Darcy & Rachel, #2)
  • Secrets of a Shoe Addict (Shoe Addict, #2)
  • Chasing Harry Winston
  • Mad About the Boy (Bridget Jones, #3)
  • Heart of the Matter
  • A Desirable Residence
  • Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns (The Devil Wears Prada, #2)
  • Lipstick Jungle
  • Swimming Pool Sunday
See top shelves…
Sophie Kinsella has sold over 40 million copies of her books in more than 60 countries, and she has been translated into over 40 languages.

Sophie Kinsella first hit the UK bestseller lists in September 2000 with her first novel in the Shopaholic series – The Secret Dreamworld of a Shopaholic (also published as Confessions of a Shopaholic). The book’s heroine, Becky Bloomwood – a fun and feisty fin

Shopaholic (9 books)
  • Confessions of a Shopaholic (Shopaholic, #1)
  • Shopaholic Takes Manhattan (Shopaholic, #2)
  • Shopaholic Ties the Knot (Shopaholic, #3)
  • Shopaholic and Sister (Shopaholic, #4)
  • Shopaholic & Baby (Shopaholic, #5)
  • Shopaholic to the Stars (Shopaholic, #7)
  • Shopaholic to the Rescue (Shopaholic, #8)
  • Christmas Shopaholic