Start by marking “Amidst a Crowd of Stars” as Want to Read:
Amidst a Crowd of Stars

Amidst a Crowd of Stars

A love as rare—and precious—as a desert rain.

Marrin Levy needs a man. Not to have children. Her husband gave her three before he died—along with a failing homestead and crushing debt. What she needs is a strong back to help her wrest a living from the harsh, desert planet of Lujawed.

She’s sent away for a field-husband to take over the hard labor, nothing more. She never ex

Published January 1st 2005 by Amber Quill Press

To ask other readers questions about Amidst a Crowd of Stars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Amidst a Crowd of Stars

MBR
5 stars futuristic romance

I have always come across rave reviews of books by Megan Hart and I think I did start out with one of her books sometime back which I never got round to reading more than a couple of pages. But after reading this book, I have the mind to hunt down the book I left hanging because Megan Hart writes a poignant story that really touches something deep inside of the reader.

Amidst a Crowd of Stars is a futuristic romance set on a planet called as Lujawed, a planet where the
Susi

Perhaps I shouldn't start writing this review before my tears are dried but I just can't help myself. Amidst a Crowd of Stars is probably the best short story I have ever read. It caught my heart on the first page and didn't let me go until I read the last word. I knew from page one that it would make me cry but Megan Hart knows how to still make you feel good even though you cry at the end.

The story of Amidst a Crowd of Stars is told in reverse. We start at nearly the end and go backwards in ti
Bookwormgirl
3.5 rounded up

A very sweet vignette about the life of a couple told in reverse from the end to the beginning. Each scene is from a stage in the life of the couple. From meeting to the kids wedding, graduations and birth of grandkids.

The twist, the husband never ages, the wife does and each recollection includes a very hot sex scene between the two.

My only problem is that while emotionally moving, this reads more like the epilog of a good romance. The setting and plot are there in the early recol
Carolyn F.
Sep 21, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook, kindle, sci-fi, sfr
I wish this were a full length book. It took me awhile to figure out the book because it starts close to the end and then backwards in time as they get to know each other. Keane is a field-husband, someone Marrin hires/marries to help her with her farm on a planet her first husband brought her and her daughters to. So it practically starts with them totally in love and then almost ends with the day they first met. Romantic, I just wish it would have been fleshed out more.
Jorran
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2015
The premise of this story could have made for a great book but unfortunately, what I read didn't live up to that. Most of the book is written in reverse chronological order but even so I just didn't feel any passion and isn't that what erotica is based on. I felt that the author should have shown the development of the relationship.

I am giving it 2 stars for the beginning and the ending.
Jean
Jan 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica, fantasy
I don't normally like fantasy stories, but this was a great story! I liked how it was written in reverse and you saw the relationship unwind. And the characters were incredibly well developed for a short story!
Janine
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Its different reading the story backwards - but I understood at the end.
Tez
Nov 06, 2010 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Anna
Sep 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Warning: It is not a Happily Ever After. It is not also a bad end.
It is probably one of the most romantic books ever.
Read it. It is wonderful.
Kiki
Amanda
Feb 06, 2012
Gena
Sep 10, 2017 marked it as not-for-me
Probably not a bad book but I don't like it when one partner ages and the other doesn't. Especially when the first chapter starts off with them at a disparity.
Tanya Urban Fantasy Freak
Feb 08, 2013
Dela
Mar 17, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Size Matters (Lovers on the Fringe, #1)
  • The Light at the End of the Road (Romantic Ghost Stories, #2)
  • Hunted (Eden, #2)
  • Past Pleasures (Desire Through Time, #1)
  • Heat
  • WyndRiver Sinner (WesternWind, #1)
  • Conquest Earth
  • Embracing Silence (Project Alpha, #1)
  • Taken
  • Flawed Beauty
  • Trespass
  • More than a Man
  • Sweet Dreams
  • Getaway (Shivaree, #2)
  • Born (B Cubed #1)
  • The Jackson Brothers (The Jackson Brothers, #1-3)
  • Draco (Accidental Mates #1)
  • Captive Salvation (Beast Planet #2)
Megan Hart has written in almost every genre of romantic fiction, including historical, contemporary, romantic suspense, romantic comedy, futuristic, fantasy and perhaps most notably, erotic. She also writes non-erotic fantasy and science fiction, as well as continuing to occasionally dabble in horror.

--from the author's website