Start by marking “That's Not My Dinosaur” as Want to Read:
That's Not My Dinosaur

That's Not My Dinosaur

(That's Not My...)

Book Details:

Format: Board Book Publication Date: 6/1/2002 Pages: 10 Reading Level: Age 2 and Up
Board book, 10 pages
Published June 1st 2002 by Usborne Pub Ltd (first published February 22nd 2002)

To ask other readers questions about That's Not My Dinosaur, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about That's Not My Dinosaur

Start your review of That's Not My Dinosaur
Rob Adey
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Kayla Edwards
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My child loves all of the That's Not My... books! He adores the touch and feel and is thrilled that he is able to turn the thicker board pages!
Samantha
Sep 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My four month old absolutely loves this book. He loves the bright colours on each page and he is beginning to touch all the different textures.

As a parent I love the fact it introduces different adjectives to him and we can feel the texture to match the adjective.

The board book is nice and thick, it won't be long before he is helping me to turn the pages. He loves this book so much that after we have finished we read it again and he is just as interested in it as he was the first time.
Elizabeth
Jan 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
One, it uses the word "squashy," which should be used at every possible juncture. Two, it's one of two books that my 8-month old is obsessed with (besides Doggies by Sandra Boynton). Three, the pages are particularly thick, even for a board book, so she is actually able to help turn them. I'm already tired of reading the book, but isn't this just the beginning?
Edward Ryan
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: edward-s-library
Charlotte
Jan 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: babies.
Recommended to Charlotte by: Kai
Charlotte's big cousin picked this one out for her. It has touchy-feely pages which she likes. She also seems to link the big pictures. I find a couple of things about this book mysterious - for example, on the back in big letters it says NOT FOR SALE IN CANADA, and I have to wonder about that. Also, the sandpaper-y feeling for "rough" is REALLY rough, which is an interesting choice for a baby's book. Another plus is that it also appears to be "Made with paper from a sustainable forest."

All in
Heather
Nov 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Life is hard for a baby. First, we tell him he can't eat rocks. Then we tell him he can't play with the saw. Then we tell him he can't climb the bookcase. Now, we read this and none of these dinosaurs are his either. (To say nothing of the trains, dragons, pigs, puppies, lions, and Santas that also weren't his.) It's a wonder we make it to adulthood -- that children don't just explode from frustration.

Ellary
Mar 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book reminds me of my childhood oh so many months ago. They say one's sense of smell holds the strongest ties to thoughts of nostalgia but this little gem leads me to believe, rather, it is one's sense of touch that can most strongly conjure fond memories of simpler times.
Jocelin
This is a sweet, cute, simple fun series for little ones to get their hands on. It is interactive and with the right storyteller, it can really fun. Great baby shower or birthday gift for little ones: 1month-2yrs. old.
Pennie Hume
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
My daughter loved all the tactile areas on the page.
K
Nov 22, 2015 rated it liked it
Love that this one has more textures than some of the other books in the series. Son adores it.
Vivian
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: board-books
I love all the Usborne Touchy-Feely Books. Each has a little white mouse "hidden character" to find and which narrates the text. Each has texture elements to touch, including soft, fuzzy, scratchy, bumpy, slipper, rough, and so on. The illustrations are brightly and imaginatively done. They are very engaging for both children and adults.
Shauna
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My 14 month-old grandson LOVES this book. The illustrations are bright and colorful. The tactile pieces are fun to scratch and rub. It’s just the right size for him to hold and carry. It’s a sturdy board book.
Chinook
Oct 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids
These are cool because they are the first types of books that Maddie has been able to “read” herself. Both girls have always loved the touch and feel aspect of them as well.
Elizabeth
Aug 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
A wonderful tactile book for young readers.
Lex Redding
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read this to my newborn and I'm sure this will be a firm favourite as he gets older.
Suzanne Kunz Williams
A quick fun book to read to your child, or for your beginning reader to feel accomplished when they read to you. Great for children who love dinosaurs.
Megan
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One of my 2 year olds favorites!
Michelle
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
this book is perfect for my 9 month old. she loves touching the different textures!
Brenda
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a cute book for my baby boy. He liked the bright colors and the touching of the different textures.
Melanie
Aug 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Highly recommend for children
Conrad Kinch
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is currently my daughter's favourite book to eat.
Jemma
Jan 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Another good one from this reliable series. Don't get too many though because they get repetitive quickly.
Kris Dersch
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a huge fan of this series for babies and young toddlers. The sensory feedback has much more variety than a lot of other touch and feel books and it's a great sharing experience.
The Campbell Family
Threes touch and feel books are the best because they have ACTUAL VARYING TEXTURES! After reading, Linden (2) kept repeating “that’s not my dinosaur!!”
Mama Bibliosoph
What we love about this series:

-repetitive stories.
-45 titles to choose from! You can easily find books that tie-in to your child's particular interests.
-Realistic, colorful illustrations that imply movement.
-Very durable, high-quality for the type of book (many touch-and-feel books fall apart quickly).
-Wonderful for teaching a sensory vocabulary, which I strongly believe (no direct experience yet) will help kids better communicate about their tactile sensory issues.
-Many words are repeated
Maria
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
I stille really love theses Fiona Watt books. Simply fantastic
Vorbis
Feb 02, 2014 rated it liked it
The 'That's not my' series. Gorgeous pictures, good concept, Matt loved finding the little mouse on each page. I'd recommend them highly except that the descriptors for the fabrics aren't really that accurate very often.
For instance, on that's not my dinosaur, my dinosaur on the front cover is barely squashy at all. It is shiny, which would be my guess if I couldn't read. The fuzzy tails only become fuzzy after repeated and repeated reads, they start off quite stiff. Slippery is not slippery at
Sarah Sammis
Feb 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: pc, read-in-2009
That's Not My Dinosaur is a "Touch-Feely" Usborne book. It uses different tactile pieces to teach textures as a mouse tries to find his dinosaur.

Each page features a different kind of dinosaur drawn in a cute cartoony fashion. In terms of plot, its repetitive like Have You Seen My Cat by Eric Carle.

While this is a short board book, it's one that usually ends up being read multiple times. First I will read it to Harriet and then she will "read" it to herself. Then she will "read" it to me and let
Valene Wood
Nov 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: children
I was very disappointed in this book from the otherwise adorable series. There are no background sceneries or details to the pictures. Just a dinosaur and the texture. The other books I have (That's Not My Dragon and That's Not My Hedgehog) both have cute backgrounds that make the pages come to life. This book barely interested my son for a long time.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Peek-a-Who?
  • All Better!
  • Each Peach Pear Plum
  • On the Night You Were Born
  • Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
  • Small in the City
  • There's a Dragon in Your Book
  • Orange Pear Apple Bear
  • I Love You Through and Through
  • I'm a Hungry Dinosaur
  • Go, Dog. Go!
Fiona Watt graduated from Exeter University with a B.Ed. (Hons.), specialising in Psychology and Art and Design. After university she worked as a researcher and writer for a company which published educational material for places where children went on school visits (zoos, museums, stately homes etc). She then taught seven, eight, and nine year olds for five years; three years at a state school in ...more

That's Not My... (1 - 10 of 59 books)
  • That's Not My Giraffe
  • That's Not My Llama
  • That's Not My Monster
  • That's Not My Monkey...
  • That's Not My Snowman