Start by marking “Million Little Mistakes” as Want to Read:
Million Little Mistakes

Million Little Mistakes

Author Heather McElhatton introduced the “Do-Over Novel” with her wonderfully imaginative bestseller Pretty Little Mistakes. With her follow-up, Million Little Mistakes, she takes readers on a wild and addictive ride that can alternately lead to happiness, riches, love, loss, death, and many more endings...the choice is totally yours!
Published August 10th 2010 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Million Little Mistakes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Million Little Mistakes

Sara Bakhshi
Dec 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-book, gamebooks
I didn't like the story, It was so simple and not interesting.
Helen Dunn
Aug 20, 2011 rated it it was ok
This is a "Choose your own adventure" book for grown-ups. The premise is that you've won 22 million dollars in the lottery and you get to choose what happens as you make decisions about how to spend the money. Awesome concept, right? Unfortunately, the book is not so awesome.

There's kind of a nasty, mean-spirited edge to the main character that that keeps me from truly enjoying it.

Still, it's the perfect mindless type of book to read at the beach or on an airplane. I think I'll continue with th
Kaci Kennedy
A cute little choose your own adventure adult book. Stories are super simple but it’s something fun and different.

Edit: after reading more, the stories were so different and were so ridiculous, but in the so ridiculous way that you want to tell the people around you what happened and you can’t stop laughing at the absurdity.
Kübra  Yağmur Aslanhan
Okurken çıldırmaya hazırsanız buyrunuz efem.
Allison
Feb 27, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2011
Sercan Çelik
Apr 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
bu tarz kitapları çok seviyorum
Tracy T
Mar 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
2019 POP Sugar Challenge - A "Choose-Your-Own-Adventure" Book
Amanda
Aug 17, 2010 rated it liked it
I won this book as a GoodReads First Reads giveaway. I was super excited to get started reading as I have always been a book lover and enjoyed "Choose Your Own Adventure" as a kid. Imagine the possibilities if those books were stretched to the size of the adult world!

The first thing I noticed about the book, the first I have read by Heather McElhatton, is the tone. The author/narrator uses 2nd point of view ("You..."), which is needed for this type of book, but tone is definitely not lost in th
Heather
Sep 29, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction-misc
A choose-your-own-adventure book for adults! I'm too enthusiastic about the concept to even pretend that this is a guilty pleasure.

Million Little Mistakes will never make it to the literary canon, but to her credit, Heather McElhatton makes no attempt to pretend that her book is anything more than it is and is very tongue-in-cheek with the ridiculous conclusions to many of her "adventures." For example, I got a little too hands-y and ended up blowing up the world. Whoops. I also may have turned
Ruth Crocker
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Very entertaining and it would make a good beach read or book for travel. Well researched and creative.

Some people get a little frustrated with adult choose-your-own-adventure books because they think the decisions they make should have a logic outcome - the book/ storyline should reflect their personal choirs. It doesn't work that way. You pick one of two options and follow that storyline. It's still the book character's life, not yours. Enjoy it for funsies and it's a lot less frustrating. Ju
Sıla Filiz
benden adam olmaz yok olmaz...
Dilan
May 29, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am not good at making choices...
Erin Bomboy
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I appreciate this choose-your-own-adventure book much more as a re-read. Maybe it's because I'm almost a decade older than when I originally swept through its pages, and I appreciate the way choices — even the most thoughtful, thought-out ones — have unintended consequences. While we like to pretend we're the sole architects of our lives, taking ownership for all our trials and triumphs, the truth is that life can bend and break us regardless of the fight we put up.

Heather McElhatton has a stro
Keely Godwin
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So, I enjoyed this book. I'm not saying it'll change your life or that the characters will sear themselves into your soul or anything, but it'll bring you back to those days of Choose Your Own Adventure books you loved as a kid.
It's not the worst book you've ever read, and it's not the best. But it's a fun distraction.
One word about format, though, I read it on kindle, which worked out ok, since I have an Oasis. however, if I had to read it on my old school kindle, I might have had some irritat
Shirley
Mar 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
I’ve never read a “choose your own adventure” type of book so I was intrigued when I saw this book and decided to give it a shot. I can safely say that these books are just not for me. The scenario I chose led me to the end of my story in just a few pages which I was so confused about? I didn’t know my story had ended and turned the page over and it made no sense. There’s no way you know you’ve reached the end because it doesn’t mention it. I want to say I feel like I wasted my time with this bo ...more
Myprivatebookclub
🚷kitap bitti mi? Bitmedi.
🚷ben çok alternatif yaptım, hepsinde sarsıcı bir son, aşırı karamsar bir senaryo, mantıklı seçimler bile saçma sapan sonuçlara götürüyor.
🚷Sanırım sadece ilk seferde biraz tolere edilebilir bir son yakaladım ama diğerleri öyle olmadı.
🚷Bütün alternatifleri tüketmek mümkün değil ama zaman zaman hafif bir kitaba ihtiyaç duyulursa başvurulabilecek bir kitap.
🚷Son olarak da ben kendimi bağdaştıramadım hiçbir hikaye ve hiçbir sonla 😻😻
Stephanie Marie
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: pop-sugar-2019
This was really fun overall and I enjoyed all of the creative afterlife scenarios the author came up with. However, this does become kind of tedious after awhile due to the amount of storylines. They are so short and there are so many that I stopped caring after awhile. There is also a LOT of fat shaming/hateful language and the r-word (haven't seen that in a book in a long time) which turned me off from the book as well.
Shannon
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
A very fun premise -- you win $22 million in the lottery. Now what? A fun choose-your-own adventure romp with multiple outcomes deciding on what path you choose. I look forward to traveling different paths because my first read didn't end so well for me. 😂
Snotra
Nov 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: e-book
Why does it has to be so pessimistic??? I tried to read this book in other perspectives, firstly, I read it as myself and later, tried to read it as other people. It was a very creative book, but I didn’t like the content and it’s language.
Alysonsharp
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
It’s a choose your own adventure for adults. I tried 3 different scenarios. It was ok but I hoped for more. I guess it’s hard to do that with this type of book.
Emily
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
An enjoyable read but the pace is too fast. I wanted more options for my particular path but it ended very quickly.
Yağızhan
Dec 17, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kendi maceranı kendin seç
Alanna
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
very weird story lines
Chelsea Marie
The different stories were repetitive and boring, and finishing the different "adventures" became too much of a chore.
Melissa McGuire
Feb 26, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the concept of this book the whole choose your destiny concept really spoke to me. But they all seemed so tragic and drama filled
Serkan Eren
Sep 23, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Kadın kitabı, bir alıp bakayım dedim, sanırım 3 dkka’da seçimlerimden dolayı bitti. Daha önce böyle bir kitap ile karşılaşmamıştım.
Tyler
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So much fun! Can be read again and again!
Anne Boleyn
Kaç kez okudum kaç kez farklı bir sonuçla karşılaştım bilmiyorum fakat tek birinde bile kendimi bulamadım. İnsan her kitapta kendisini çok az da olsa bulur ya, başrolünde siz varsınız ama o kitapta kendinizi bulamıyorsunuz gibi bir şey. Beğenmedim yani fakat fikir olarak muazzam bir kitap. Çok daha iyi yazılabileceğinin kanısındayım.
Emily
Aug 20, 2010 rated it really liked it
Michelle
Aug 07, 2010 rated it liked it
My review for The Associated Press:
¶ "Million Little Mistakes" (HarperCollins, $14.99), by Heather McElhatton: Plenty of Gen-Xers remember the Choose Your Own Adventure books from their childhood. McElhatton updated the format for adults with 2007's "Pretty Little Mistakes."
¶ That novel started with high school graduation and asked if you wanted to go to college or take time off and travel. Given that the story lines run through death (and sometimes the thereafter), it was hard to imagine a foll
  • Turning Japanese
  • My Formerly Hot Life: Dispatches from Just the Other Side of Young
  • Life, Liberty, and Pursuit
  • Missy
  • Mental Floss Presents Be Amazing: Glow in the Dark, Control the Weather, Perform Your Own Surgery, Get Out of Jury Duty, Identify a Witch, Colonize a Nation, ... Girl, Make a Zombie, Start Your Own Religion
  • Adventures of a Hollywood Secretary: Her Private Letters from Inside the Studios of the 1920s
  • Alien Invasion and Other Inconveniences
  • Fractured: Happily Never After? 3 Tales
  • Book Finds: How to Find, Buy, and Sell Used and Rare Books
  • Ice Land
  • Eve
  • Lost in Austen: Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure
  • Bird
  • Holy Bible: NIV Teen Study Bible, Revised (New International Version)
  • Beneath a Starlet Sky
  • In Milton Lumky Territory
  • The Professor of Secrets: Mystery, Medicine, and Alchemy in Renaissance Italy
  • I Gave You My Heart, but You Sold It Online (Domestic Equalizers Book 3)
Heather McElhatton is an independent producer for Minnesota Public Radio and Public Radio International. Her commentaries and stories are heard regularly nationwide on This American Life, Marketplace, Weekend America, Sound Money, and The Savvy Traveler, and she hosts the live radio show called Stage Sessions. She will soon be appearing with Ira Glass on the television version of This American Lif ...more