Start by marking “Killing Kelly” as Want to Read:
Killing Kelly

Killing Kelly (Soap #3)

3.9  ·  Rating details ·  2,551 Ratings  ·  59 Reviews
IT WAS THE MOST DANGEROUS ROLE OF HER CAREER; AND POSSIBLY THE LAST.

Playing a malicious diva on a popular daytime soap, actress Kelly Trent has garnered more than her fair share of hate mail. She doesn't believe anyone would "really" confuse her with her character, but when an accident on the set hits too close for the producers' comfort, Kelly is unceremoniously put on hi
Published May 1st 2008 by Mira Books (first published March 28th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Killing Kelly, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killing Kelly

Paula
Jan 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Entertaining romantic suspense. Kelly is a soap opera actress. She is put on indefinite leave from the show after she is almost killed on the set. It's uncertain as to whether this was an accident or if someone is trying to kill her. During her time off she agrees to appear in a music video for a hot up-and-coming rock group. Doug is the dancing instructor hired to teach Kelly the tango for the music video. He is a former cop who has taken on the role of Kelly's bodyguard, as well, until it is d ...more
Wendy Kalthoff
Dec 04, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
It was a horrible book. I did not know or care who killed kelly. she came off as vain and selfish and the dancer was so- so, doug. I found kelly to be unrealistic and annoying. I wanted to like her. The only character I really liked was Joe. I thought it was ridiclous that doug suspected joe. Why make a big deal about the third murder if the econd one was a suicide. The characters lance was annoying. The only one I liked were the characters from dying to have to her.

The character jane that caus
Kristy Griffin
Mar 20, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a little slow in the beginning but quickly turned into a thrilling read. I couldn't believe how naive Kelly was right up to the very end. She had a rude awakening though. Very good book and I enjoyed it and would recommend it to others.
Carol Ann Beadles
Heather Graham's mystery novels are great and this one is included in that list. It is hard to put down and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Gerard
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Too many characters, making the story annoying to read at times.
Karen
May 14, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
While I am a fan of the author and I love most of her other books, I really didn't like this book.

*Spoilers*

Kelly was an annoying, witless, twit! She is in constant denial of the danger she is in one minute, then goes screaming and running down the road because she thinks she sees a shadow in the bushes. She runs the car off the road because she thinks someone is following her, then claims it was nothing. THEN, she gets mad because her friends were worried about her. If EVERYONE you know thinks
Lindsey
this was a quick read, fast-paced, fun. one hot love scene and after that everything else was left to the reader's imagination. boo.

one thing sort of made me crazy, though... this cast of characters was highly excitable. they punctuated their sentences with exclamation points. i didn't notice for a while, but once i did catch on i was unable to not notice it. it tickled me

imagine some mundane scenario... imagine you are in your kitchen, at your table, with your closest friend. now imagine you ar
Actress Kelly Trent plays a not-so-nice role on a daytime soap. Apparently she plays her role too well, as she has begun to receive a lot of hate mail. When she nearly dies from an "accident" on set, the producers decide it's safer for Kelly if her character is put into a coma. Before she realizes what is happening, Kelly is on hiatus from the show, and being encouraged by her agent to perform in a music video in the Florida Keys as a change of pace, and to hopefully be in a safer environment. K ...more
Nancy
Katy
Jun 07, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Overall this was a pretty satisfying book from the Heather Graham collection. The suspense was tight and non-stop; the mystery was cleverly woven and multi-layered, leading to a complex whodunit that left me guessing until they unveiled the villian. Even the romance was fairly well done most of the time - except that, once again (my pet peeve with romances) the romantic interests were always getting annoyed with one another over the most idiotic things. "What? You're concerned for my life and wa ...more
Anna Mcfadden
Apr 03, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Trent shot to superstardom and with that wealth. playing Marla Valentine, a malicious, manhating advice diva on a popular daytime soap. she don't believe that anyone could confuse her with her character. after a recent accident on the show that hits too close, the producers have Marla unceremoniously on hiatus.
confuse and angry Kelly reluctantly agrees to appear in a music video on a secluded area of Key West. lucky for her former Miami cop turn Dance instructor and P.I. is hiring by her
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book by Heather Graham, but this was the first book I've read by her that didn't include any paranormal elements. I did get frustrated with Kelly. She was the most stubborn main character. I just wanted to slap her sometimes. She spent the majority of the book in denial about the danger she was in & it drove me up the wall. Don't get me wrong I did like this book, I just got ticked off withe main character sometimes.
Ingrid Madreia
When I came across this book - yes, I did, because this is actually my grandmother's - I initially hadn't any hope, because it's novel, however the criminal, and the criminal doesn't sit me absolutely. But I have to say that it was awesome! I admit that I've never laughed as much as did when I was reading this book. Totally awesome!
And now I'm a big fan of them and wish to read more.
Trisha
Nov 12, 2007 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
It read like a soap opera. I gave it two stars but it really deserved 1 to 1/2. The characters were tedious, the plot was predictable, and jumping around to a sort of behind the scenes with each suspect was irritating. You could almost hear the cheesy, overly dramatic music in the background each time one of the "villains" was the focus. Ugh.
Amb-rah Rausch
Overall it was good in the mystery department. Kept me guessing and a fast-paced read. I was annoyed with the back and forth between Kelly and Doug though. It was too much of a distraction and I found myself putting the book down for days at a time to "get away" from the stupid fighting between the two of them. But as always, the big reveal came out of left field and made for a decent ending.
Kelly
Jan 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
Kelly is a soap star who one night is shooting a scene when she almost dies by going over a cliff. Someone is out to kill her. Doug is hired to be her dance partner and bodyguard but of course they fall in love. But there is a lot of mystery and who done it too make you want to keep reading. Love Heather's books!!!!
Vanessa
Nov 28, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series
It was a fast read with a nice pace. I liked the hero, Doug; the heroine not quite as much, but okay. How could she not grasp, with the evidence right in front of her, that someone was trying to kill her!?!

Good romance with very good suspense and lots going on. I would definitely recommend it; it's a fun read. And for that it gets a 4, although it's more like a 3 1/2.
Michele
Quick read. Romance. Kelly is a star on a soap opera and she starts receiving threats. 2 others die in apparently unrelated incidents. She takes break from show to do a video. Enter former cop, part time PI and dance instructor. Let the sizzle begin. I didn't know the culprit immediately so it was good in that manner.
Joanne
Sep 16, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another quick read/damsel in distress novel, although this novel had a few interesting characters. Did soap star Kelly Trent have an accident on set, or did someone try to kill her? It took about a second to figure out it was deliberate and 5 more minutes to know who did it. And she spends more time describing dwellings than anything else. If you like quick, light reads, you will enjoy this.
Cheryl
Jan 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome Read

I have read a lot of Heather Graham 's books and this one rates a five star review, she always has you guessing to the very end!
I would recommend this book to everyone that likes a mystery, to the end, A Very Good
Dian
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty solid Graham outing, though I prefer the stuff that has the ghost or otherworld type of stuff going on. I got it to read on a plane trip and it was perfect to entertain me for that sort of thing.
Stephie
A very well written and entertaining suspense. There were a lot of suspects to the mystery, a lot of bruised egos, vindictive people and suspicious behavior. A very enjoyable read, the romance was sweet and funny, I liked it too.
Kelly
Jun 10, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I wasn't too sure about this book to start with, but it kept getting better and better. A few plot twists and I kept changing my mind about who was the killer and who wasn't. A satisfying and pleasurable read and one I recommend to all.
Elaine Carol
Way to much murmuring, Kelly murmurs then Doug murmurs then Kelly murmurs again. So repetitive! When I found the book, I didn't realize that it was a romance. I expected an action filled read, but it was slow and boring. I certainly wouldn't recommend it and I'm glad I didn't pay for it.
Genny Clary tice
Just as good as all the other Heather Graham books I have read.
Sharon Sherman
Jan 14, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Doug finds that it isn't easy to keep a woman alive when someone wants her killed. A good suspense.
Chris Noel
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Someone is trying to kill soap opera star, Kelly Trent.
Kimberly
I like most of Heather Graham's books. Killing, mystery and romance. A good weekend relaxing read!!!
Tanya
Mar 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
YOWZA...this book kept you guessing and wondering what was going to happen next right up until the end. very good book! =)
  • Slow Burn
  • The Color of Death
  • The Awakening (Alliance Vampires #5)
  • Forgotten
  • Always a Thief (Quinn/Thief #2)
  • Long After Midnight
  • Colder than Ice (Mordecai Young, #2)
  • The Chosen
  • No Escape
  • Dark Sky (Cold Ridge/U.S. Marshals, #4)
  • See How She Dies
  • Lethal Lies
  • Playing Dead (Prison Break Trilogy, #3)
Also published as Heather Graham Pozzessere and Shannon Drake.

New York Times and USA Today best-selling author Heather Graham majored in theater arts at the University of South Florida. After a stint of several years in dinner theater, back-up vocals, and bartending, she stayed home after the birth of her third child and began to write, working on short horror stories and romances. After some tria
More about Heather Graham...

Soap (3 books)
  • Long, Lean, and Lethal (Soap Opera, #1)
  • Dying to Have Her (Soap Opera, #2)