Start by marking “Her Scandalous Marriage” as Want to Read:
Her Scandalous Marriage

Her Scandalous Marriage (The Turnbridge Sisters #1)

3.6  ·  Rating details ·  117 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The illegitimate daughter of a decadent Lord, the lovely Caroline Dutton has worked hard to become a successful London dressmaker and is content to answer to no man. That is until a devastatingly handsome Duke walks into her shop with the most outrageous demand.

The new Duke of Ryland cursed his fate and his philandering great uncle. To collect his inheritance, he must turn
Published April 1st 2007 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Her Scandalous Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Scandalous Marriage

ChloeLeeNH
Aug 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Regency Era fans
I really adored this one! The hero and heroine quickly went from dislike to lust but it was fun seeing where they would end up for every time they found a hidden place to have a tryst. The other secondary characters really added to the whole story and it was really a great one. I will definitely be checking out the next 2 in this trilogy!
Robin
Jul 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
London dressmarker Caroline Dutton was shocked when the Duke of Ryland, Drayton MacKenzie, walks into her shop and tells her he is going to change her world. Drayton's inheritance depends on him tracking down the previous Duke's three illegitimate daughters, making ladies out of them, and then marrying them off. But he has his work cut out for him. Caroline is beautiful and independent, not afraid to stand up to the Duke. Her half-sisters, Simone and Fiona, are even bigger challenges for him. Dr ...more
Nath
Alexa Dinnago
Oct 19, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A wonderful read. The storyline is undemanding. Good reading to relax from a busy day. Although, with sex too early presented, the lusting fast tract and uncomplicated reflects not the likely behavior during the year the story supposedly happened let alone the strength of the characters. Aside from that, I have no setbacks for recommendation.
Mem
The new Duke has to find the children of his great-uncle to inherit the estate. Drayton McKenzie is not sure he wants it, but find the three girls, one of which is an adult. Drayton has to get them ready to go into society.
Enjoyed Drayton and Carolyn, their attraction is the highlight of the story. Will they bow to the grand dames of society or go their own way.
I wanted Drayton to stand up to Aubrey's rules, getting them all "finished" for going into society. The younger girls knew what they wan
M Strawberry Reviews
This was actually a rather enjoyable read, and one where you could tell the author was trying to avoid some of the overused tropes that one sees often in romance. I absolutely loved how the two main characters decided to simply have one another in secret instead of trying to be all 'proper'. My only complaint is the book ended too quickly, I wanted to see more of Simone and her sassiness.
Ti
Nov 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A delightful read! Good humor imbues this story with timeless appeal. Not always true to the times, but true to the sentiment. Strong, well-developed characters and even the secondary characters are not left out.

I highly recommend this one for feel-good romancing.
Heather Lloyd
May 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely one of my favorite romance novels of all time. Funny, satisfying sex scenes (enough sex scenes!)
Susan
Apr 24, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
The sexual relationship is preposterous but oh well.
Judy
Feb 17, 2016
Hilary
Feb 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Devotion (Hawthorne, #2)
  • Wicked Little Game (Series, #3)
  • My Dangerous Duke (Inferno Club, #2)
  • In the Night (Ryland Brothers, #4)
  • The Unclaimed Duchess (Billingham Bastards, #2)
  • To Ruin the Duke
  • Love With a Scandalous Lord (Daughters of Fortune, #3)
  • Beauty and the Duke (Mystical Bliss, #1)
  • Never Trust a Rogue (Heiress in London, #2)
  • To Marry the Duke (American Heiresses, #1)
  • Love Lessons
  • A Breath of Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #2)
  • The Wife Trap (The Trap Trilogy, #2)
  • The Marriage Ring (Scandals and Seductions #3)
  • The Passenger
  • Wickedly Ever After (Pleasure Emporium #3)
  • Once A Mistress
  • The Bride Price
Hi everyone! Here are a few facts about me:
I am a multi-published author in mass market historical fiction, or in other words, I write historical romances. I have a background in education, specifically social studies, but I've also dabbled in directing a public television station and serving as a police liaison officer.

I've been married to my wonderful husband, David, for twenty years and I have
More about Leslie LaFoy...

The Turnbridge Sisters (3 books)
  • The Rogue's Bride (The Turnbridge Sisters, #2)
  • The Duke's Proposal (The Turnbridge Sisters, #3)