Start by marking “The Hemingway Tradition” as Want to Read:
The Hemingway Tradition

The Hemingway Tradition

3.25  ·  Rating details ·  52 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Shaw Sebring is sixteen and trying desperately to understand and accept his father's recent suicide. Moving with his mother halfway across the county in an effort to distance themselves from the awful truth, Shaw lands in a new school and finds that the ghost of his father, a best-selling author, has followed him. Determined that he will not follow in his father's footstep ...more
Published October 1st 2002 by Orca Book Publishers (first published January 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about The Hemingway Tradition, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Hemingway Tradition

Thalia Medina
Apr 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shawn is a young teenage boy who lost his father at a young age. He thought that his father didn't really care about him or his mother. He soon finds out that his father was not true to himself. He soon starts to doubt himself and doubt how similar he is to his father. When you read the book you will see that Shawn is amazing writer but after his father kills himself, he stops believing in himself.
I like this book be Shawn is a teenage boy who went through something in his life that kind of ch
Emma Braatz
Nov 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
The Hemingway Tradition by Kristen Butcher wasn't very exciting. It seems like it got to the point to quickly, which made it hard to understand. Although, it carries a good message. I recommend this to readers who like mysteries.
The main character Shaw is the son of an author. His dad was an author and shaw thought he loved his job. Although, Shaw's thought process changes after his dad's suicide. He does not know why his dad committed suicide and he wants to figure out why. The only way is to
Kristina
Nov 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Dear Charan
I'm reading a book entitled The Hemingway Tradition by Kristin Butcher which is a work of . This book is about a teenage boy who lost his father to a suicide he ends up blaming his mother for they end up moving he starts doing bad in school he makes friends he joins volley ball team gets back on track. he ends up liking his classmate i think they might end up going out because his friend Jai-i (his best friend)told him that the girl he stepped on might have dibs for him. This book mad
Janessa Hovland
Nov 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Book title: The Hemingway Tradition
Author: Kristin Butcher

In this story the main character's are Dylan, Shaw. Shaw's father killed himself and ever since then had that thought stuck in his head and he is trying to get the thought out of his head. Now he is wondering how he can get that thought out of his head. He is also wondering why his father killed himself...
If you like mystery stories this is the book for you.
There are alot of these kinds of books.
Austin
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it
The Hemmingway Tradition by Kristin Butcher was a book about a teenage boy with a father who committed suicide. As a reasult of this, he and his mother moved to a new city for a fresh start. Although the book was short, it had a good overall storyline--the only problem being that it was a bit rushed. I would reccomend this book to anyone looking for a quick read.
Elyssa James
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
i thought this book was very good because it was about how her father killed himself and she was fiquring out waht to do and how she should dal with this problem. she couldnt even look at her dads journal that he wrote because she was so sad.
Jenny Olson
Dec 23, 2013 rated it liked it
This an Orca Sounding book, so it's fast, for reluctant readers. That's really my only complaint, if I have one, is that it was much too quick of a read, and I would have enjoyed more development and details!
Jessie
Jul 09, 2010 rated it it was ok
This was pretty weak. Didn't have much going for it.
Lyndsey
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
This as a small teenager book, but it had a nice message.
David Horton
Oct 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Reads like an after-school special.
Livy
Sep 22, 2014
Theresa Marsala
Apr 11, 2015
Kt
rated it did not like it
May 06, 2011
Allegra
Jan 26, 2011
Niam
Sep 02, 2016
Lara
Jan 20, 2009
I love to dance. I love to laugh. I love to learn. Crossword puzzles relax me. Waiting frustrates me. I like spending time by myself. I use way too much salt. I make New Year's resolutions. My ideal job would be writing a television sitcom. The Great Gilly Hopkins is my favorite kids' book. I appreciate witty people. I dislike whiners. I have better friends than I deserve and a family that gives m ...more
More about Kristin Butcher