Start by marking “Please Don't Drink the Holy Water! Homeschool Days, Rosary Nights, and Other Near Occasions of Sin” as Want to Read:

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  84 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Come along as wry homeschooler Susie Lloyd faces the trials of family Rosary, and tangles with snide education experts, gruff confessors, and pushy relatives who tell her it's time to wake up and join the "real world." Lots of humor here!
Published September 1st 2006 by Sophia Institute Press (first published September 1st 2004)

Be the first to ask a question about Please Don't Drink the Holy Water! Homeschool Days, Rosary Nights, and Other Near Occasions of Sin

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Patricia Peiffer
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hilarious read!
Abby Sasscer
Jan 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I first read Susie Lloyd’s book at a homeschool conference and found myself irresistably laughing out loud (more like guffawing, actually). Though people were staring at me from all directions, this did not keep me from reading further on and laughing even louder. Susie has a wonderful gift of taking the mundane & demanding task of motherhood and homeschooling and turning it into an extremely entertaining life saga. Witty, hilarious, inspiring and spiritually enlightening. Highly recommend i ...more
Jun 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-list, favorites
There are books that are funny and books that are fun to read. This book is both and has the unique distinction of being one of two books last year that made me laugh out loud. It also, I should note, made me laugh so hard I was crying on the couch one night, long after my husband went to sleep. One of my favorites from last year and of all time, I think. Go get a copy and be sure you don't read it with liquid in your mouth (lest you lose it all over yourself when you start laughing).
Kristi
Nov 14, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kristi by: Sonya
This book was recommended by my friend Sonya. She said I would love it and she was right! It is absolutely hilarious!!! I can so relate to many of the stories of this homeschool mom. I definitely recommend it.
E.
Jan 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Susie Lloyd has a true gift as a writer and mother. The stories she tells reminds me of my own family very much. It is a very entertaining book, full of good humor that is enjoyable for everyone. Thanks Susie, here's to your third installment!
Anthony
Oct 28, 2008 rated it it was amazing
The hilarious experiences of a Catholic homeschooling mother of five girls! Susie Lloyd has a knack for bringing out the humorous in the everyday, and for finding true joy in the kind of situation that would make feminists faint.
Anne
Feb 12, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Love, love, love this book! I marked it as amazing because I have already read it twice. If you bother to read a book (for fun) more than once, it must be pretty darn good. This one kept me laughing!
Ginette
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I Love your books, Susie!
Marisa
Aug 09, 2011 rated it really liked it
very funny and down to earth. An interesting read if I consider homeschooling the kids.
TheRose
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: biography, religion
Decidedly one of the funniest books I've ever read! This lady has my sense of humor!
Teri
Mar 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Funny and warmly encouraging.
Claudia
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Immensely funny book, probably even if you're not a Catholic homeschooler. Even though tongue in cheek, it very accurately conveys the joys and tribulations of our chosen vocation.
Mcw
Jan 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Hilarious but a bit slow to get moving.
Jen
May 13, 2010 rated it liked it
Not as funny as I'd hope it would be, but still a pretty good read overall.
Kimie I