Start by marking “Jesus - Safe, Tender, Extreme” as Want to Read:
Jesus - Safe, Tender, Extreme

Jesus - Safe, Tender, Extreme

This book presents evocative reflections on three facets in our relationship with Jesus. People long for reality in their walk with Christ. To know him better, we must understand the different sides of his complex nature. Popular British author Adrian Plass draws on biblical stories and personal experience - as well as his keen understanding of people's needs - as he explo ...more
Published February 14th 2006 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published December 27th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Jesus - Safe, Tender, Extreme, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jesus - Safe, Tender, Extreme

Start your review of Jesus - Safe, Tender, Extreme
Karen
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love, love, love Adrian Plass's heart! He's refreshingly real, kind, transparent, funny, disarming, provoking in a good way ... so thankful for his life and words.
Sara Jane
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Jesus – Safe, Tender, Extreme is a long walk with a good friend. It is filled with insights, humor, and stories about real life: not the life we feel we should be living, but the life we’re actually staggering through.

Adrian Plass is brutally honest without being disrespectful; he is funny without sounding cynical. His writing challenges my thinking. I don’t agree with everything he has to say, but he says it in such a way that I’m left knowing he’s perfectly okay with me not agreein
mrs. Joyce Lesley Keating
Touching, funny and above all, real

I found this book put into words the thoughts and feelings of inadequacy which have plagued me on and off for years. This Lent was especially bad. You helped me remember that Jesus loves us as we are not as what we pretend to be. Thank you.
Deborah
Jul 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A completely different work to the usual Pass opus but highly interesting and amusing all the same.
Sue
Jan 25, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent! Adrian Plass in his more serious writing style, with light anecdotes and a friendly way of putting things. The book looks at what it really means to follow Jesus, without religious jargon or pretence.

It’s divided into three sections, so the first part looks about being safe in Jesus. I could relate most strongly to the second section of the book, about the tenderness of Jesus: the compassion with which he dealt with everyone, both friends and questioners, and even his enemies.

The fi
Phil
Jun 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a great fan of Adrian Plass's work, but when I first read this book a few years ago it didn’t strike me as one of his best. However, on rereading it I now realise that the "problem" was not with the book but with me. I just wasn't in a place where I was able to "hear" much of its message (and there is, I suspect, still much that I'm not ready to receive).

Adrian Plass is, of course, a "popular" author of often humorous writings (although this book has less humour than some). But
David Meldrum
A beautiful and vulnerable examination of how Jesus deals with us in safe, tender and extreme ways. If you know Adrian Plass' work, you'll know what to expect - piercing insight, warm and inclusive humour, stories which lodge in the mind. Richer and deeper than you might first expect, this repays visiting and revisiting.
David Campton
Aug 26, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: popular-theology
It's OK. Shambolic and intensely subjective, like most of his books and not his funniest but a helpful antidote to the macho programmatic spirituality of many popular contemporary Christian writers.
Terri D
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I'm seldom disappointed when I read something by Adrian Plass. He makes me think; even if it's one of his funnier books.
This one is straight but punchy and he can challenge as well as cause one to laugh. A gifted man being well used by God.
Cara
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Prodigy
  • Thomas Grove, The Dead
  • Margaret and the Moth Tree
Adrian Plass is a writer and speaker who has produced over thirty books in the last twenty years. The best known of these is probably The Sacred Diary of Adrian Plass, a gentle satire on the modern church, which has sold hundreds of thousands of copies worldwide. This and other books have travelled to other countries and are translated into a number of foreign languages. Other books include biogra ...more