Start by marking “The Fallen (Derek Stillwater, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Fallen (Derek Stillwater, #3)

The Fallen

(Derek Stillwater #3)

When twenty of the world’s most powerful leaders meet at the G8 Summit, the fate of the world will rest on one man’s shoulders.

Twenty world leaders meet for the G8 Summit at the beautiful Cheyenne Resort in Colorado Springs. But an ugly plot lurks beneath the surface: a terrorist group, The Fallen Angels, plans to wreak havoc on the Summit.

With the Secret Service, the FBI,
Published April 5th 2010 by Oceanview Publishing (first published 2010)

To ask other readers questions about The Fallen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fallen

Start your review of The Fallen (Derek Stillwater, #3)
Darcy Odden
Jun 14, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Be warned! Once you start reading Mark Terry's "The Fallen," you won't want to stop until the end. That's because this book is packed with action and I mean A-C-T-I-O-N.

Terry sets the novel at the Cheyenne Resort in Colorado Springs, at the G8 Summit where twenty world leaders will be meeting. Before the summit begins, a terrorist group, "The Fallen Angels," is already picking off security forces and inserting themselves in their places. The group is led by Richard Coffee, a disenchanted former
Mike
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, kindle-ebook
This was a very quick, fun, action filled and thrilling read. It would make a good Die Hard type movie.
Norma Budden
Boy, Mark Terry certainly knows how to pack a punch! I was riveted in this story from beginning to end and didn't have a clue what to expect next. There were so many close encounters taking place that, sometimes, I had to put the book down for a few seconds to take a few deep breaths before continuing the story.

Mark Terry is one author I will follow closely. I have to admit that, after reading this time, he has become one of my favourite authors. He makes me forget about EVERYTHING; his
Alice Alvarez
May 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrorist Thriller

I really enjoyed the main character, Dr. Derek Stillwater. Each chapter in this provided high anxiety excitement. I loved that Maria brought a little levity to this fast pace story. I look forward to reading about Derek's future adventures.

I highly recommend this book. I read it in two days, I could not put it down.
Jeff Willis
Oct 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was well-written and very detailed, but moved a little too slowly for my tastes. The setup stretched out for far too long, especially given that this is the third book in a series, but it was an otherwise solid read.
Graham
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I couldn't put this book down. It was fast paced and entertaining. I expected some cheesiness, but I didn't find it too much.
Robin Ringeisen
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Great read, kept my interest. Several characters to follow. Unexpected ending. Would recommend. Could be a sequel the way story ended.
Galem
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

Lots of action and adventure. Hard to believe one man could take so much physical punishment and still be the hero. Ready for another.
Christine Zibas
Feb 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Readers who love the high paced thrillers that provide an adrenaline rush of a read are in for a treat with the latest Mark Terry novel, “The Fallen.” The series hero, Derek Stillwater, working off the grid at a G8 Summit held in Colorado Springs, Colorado, has his hands full when a terrorist group called the Fallen Angels manages to compromise security at the conference.

Stillwater is working deep under cover as a maintenance man at the Colorado resort where the G8 Summit is being held, so he
Debra Martin
Apr 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
What better location to plan a terrorist attack than a G8 Summit were all the world leaders and their staffers are attending the summit at the Cheyenne Resort in Colorado Springs? This is exactly what Richard Coffee of The Fallen Angels is planning to do and it's up to agent Derek Stillwater to stop them.

The story follows Derek who has been undercover at the resort posing as a maintenance man as he tries to stop the terrorists. Their plot is sophisticated and extensive and appears to be
Janice
Apr 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The story begins with a group of The Fallen Angels taking over a checkpoint to the G8 Summit, a gathering of the world’s top leaders that are meeting at the Cheyenne Resort in Colorado Springs. It is the site of the G8 Summit where the world’s top leaders are meeting. The Fallen Angels are terrorists who have plans of their own for the summit.

The US military, FBI, Secret Service and Homeland Security are working together with the security groups of the foreign diplomats to make this event very
April
May 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
"The Fallen" by Mark Terry is a suspenseful novel that packs more action into its 279 pages than an entire season of the TV show 24 and whose hero, Derek Stillwater, is reminiscent of a less angry Jack Bauer.

The G8 summit is getting ready to begin in Colorado Springs and with 20 of the world's leaders planning to be in attendance, no expense has been spared to make this gathering as safe and secure as possible. But despite all the precautions, a terrorist group called The Fallen Angels, manages
D.K.
Apr 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
Dr. Derek Stillwater's past has finally caught up with him. A former friend, now deadliest enemy has taken over a secret conference and holds the most powerful people in the world hostage. Stillwater must endure pain and hardships to stop a group of terrorists called The Fallen.

This is my first Stillwater novel and definitely will not be my last. I plan to go back and read from the beginning. Reading the book was like watching scenes from a movie. The action was fast pace and very entertaining.
Lisa Biegel
Oct 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: action-adventure
Stillwater never lets me down. Love this character and all of his adventures.

Stillwater comes out of hiding under his secret identity to face Fallen for a final time. The Fallen Angels joined forces with another group of terrorists and takes the world's leaders hostage. This is probably the most battered we've seen Derek, but he comes out on top as always. Action packed, edge of your seat, nail-biting read. 5 stars isn't enough!
Mary Ann
Sep 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
This story was fast moving from the beginning. The only incident I questioned was the taking down of the perimeter post. I would have fully expected it to have been monitored with visual electronics. Other than a hero who never gave up in spite of numerous injuries I enjoyed the tension that kept me engaged throughout.
Tim
Oct 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wonderful, action packed thriller. Good characters, solid plot. I would recommend this book to others. I only wish I had read the other books in the series first so that I knew more of the back story.
Aerin
May 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Let's be clear: Ulysses, this is not. But holy cow, The Fallen a fast-paced action-thriller, sort of an erudite (and written) Die Hard. Brains, brawn, blood, and a couple of babes who totally hold their own with the boys. Loved this.
Scott
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Another very well done Derrick Stillwater novel, this one taking Stillwater to the G8 summit, held (in the book) in Colorado. Terrorists are bent on taking hostages and accomplishing something - what is less clear.

This is a well written and exciting story and I really enjoyed it.
Eric
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was actually a fun read. Although I think it is actually the second or third in a series that I Need to do some research on to see if it is not. They refer back to the past of the main character quite often about a betrayal so I want to see if I can find that book.
Audrey
Dec 10, 2011 rated it it was ok
Predictable. Kinda cheesy.
Lin Manning
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
A good book for those who like "James Bond" style thrillers! I did enjoy reading it!
Carol Mordah
Feb 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jim read this
Erik
Jul 02, 2013 rated it liked it
This was my first book by this author. Quite good, along the lines of a Mitch Rapp, jack Reacher, or Dirk Pitt adventure.
Andrew
Dec 07, 2011 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
New author to me. Free on Kindle.
Carol and Gary Curtis
Nicely done adventure yarn. Good action sequences. Worth the time.
Don
Dec 10, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a fast moving "CIA" spy thriller. I'll look for other books from this author.
David Nelms
Great book.. non-stop action!
Valerie
Dec 22, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not bad, but I've read better in this genre. I grew up in Colorado springs, so I really liked that it was set there.
Andrew
Jan 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
Good story line but the plot was a little weak. Not enough character development and a little to cliche.

• Executive Order (Reeder and Rogers, #3)
  • Tanzi's Heat
  • Stone Cold Justice
  • Blood Storm
  • GOOD INTENTIONS (Chad Hamilton Suspense Series Book 1)
  • The Bricklayer (Steve Vail, #1)
  • Red Team Boxed Set, Volume 2 (Red Team #3.5-4.5)
  • Fury in the Gulf (Brannigan's Blackhearts #1)
  • Sniper's Nest (Detective Jesse McCord #1)
  • The Sword of God (John Milton #5)
  • The Senator (Blake Jordan #1)
  • Balance of Power (Jim Dillon, #1)
  • Hot Mahogany (Stone Barrington, #15)
  • No Cry For Help
  • Sacrifice (Ryan Drake, #2)
  • Use of Force (Scot Harvath #17)
  • Dirty Blonde
  • The St. Paul Conspiracy (McRyan Mystery Series, #1)
Mark Terry is the author of the Derek Stillwater thrillers, THE DEVIL'S PITCHFORK, THE SERPENT'S KISS, and THE FALLEN, as well as several standalone thrillers, including DIRTY DEEDS, CATFISH GURU, and DANCING IN THE DARK. Born in Flint, Michigan in 1964, he graduated from Michigan State University with a degree in microbiology and public health, which has informed his Derek Stillwater thrillers ...more

Derek Stillwater (9 books)
  • The Devil's Pitchfork (Derek Stillwater, #1)
  • The Serpent's Kiss (Derek Stillwater, #2)
  • The Valley of Shadows (Derek Stillwater, #4)
  • Dire Straits (Derek Stillwater, #5)
  • The Sins of the Father (Derek Stillwater, #6)
  • Gravedigger (Derek Stillwater, #7)
  • Vengeance (Derek Stillwater, #8)
  • Dirty blond (Derek Stillwater #9)