Start by marking “The Case of the Mesmerizing Boss” as Want to Read:
The Case of the Mesmerizing Boss

The Case of the Mesmerizing Boss (Most Wanted #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  1,384 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Former Texas Ranger Dane Lassiter knows all about wanting. He had wanted Tess Meriwether for years, but he had scared her away after nearly claiming her innocence in one out-of-control moment. But when Tess barely escapes a killer's bullet, Dane appoints himself her protector, whisking her away to his Texas ranch. Now his toughest challenge is convincing Tess to accept saf ...more
Hardcover, Large Print, 277 pages
Published August 22nd 2006 by Thorndike Press (first published February 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about The Case of the Mesmerizing Boss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Case of the Mesmerizing Boss

Jenny
This boss-secretary story was awesome. I adored all the angst the alpha male and the saintly heroine. Hero is quite tortured. After his disastrous first marriage Dane doesn't want commitment but all Tess wants is forever after.

When she ends up pregnant she hides her pregnancy from Dane cause there is a huge possibility she might lose the baby. She loves Dane so deeply she is willing to do anything and endure everything just to ease his pain. Loved how he learns to love again with Tess's help an
Debbie DiFiore
Mydearloverboy
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: recommended
this was slightly different than the usual DP plots...in the sense that the H wasn't too much of a jerk and that it wasn't too angsty. I could totally tell how much they loved each other and the H was a keeper for me!
I definitely recommend this for DP fans who want a break from her usual OTT jerk Hs.
5+++ stars!!
Chantal ❤️
Typical DP book however with the twist of the hero being a detective and her being a career girl. This was my favorite of the series cause the hero does clue in before the baby is born! I loved the scene when she has the baby! So sweet.
Ann Keller
Dec 05, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Tess Merriweather had been in love with her boss, Dane Lassiter, for ages, but he never seemed to give her a second thought. In the office, he was all business. He seemed to prefer brief, uncomplicated interludes with shallow beauties instead of any lasting relationships. Tess was certain he barely knew she existed. That is, until a killer’s bullet changed everything!

Tess witnessed a drug deal and the perpetrators were set on silencing her - permanently. To keep Tess safe, Dane had to keep her c
AmyS Schmid
2.5 stars. This was my first DP book, and I am not sure that I started with the right one. I LOVE asshole heros that screw up. LOVE them. They usually have some redeemable quality(ies) that I can latch on to, and cheer for him. That wasn't the case here. If I heard Dane's excuse about why he almost raped her one more time, I would have DNFed this book. It didn't help that Tess had zero backbone, but I couldn't really hold that against the book, it's a Harlequin after all...I love the formula of ...more
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Buku pertama trilogi "The Case of.." ini mengisahkan perjuangan Tess Meriwether memenangkan cinta Dane Lassiter, pemilik Lassiter Detective Agency yang juga adalah calon kakak tirinya bila ayah Tess dan Ibu Dane jadi menikah.
Masa lalu penuh kekerasan yang dialami Dane membuatnya berpikir mereka tidak cocok dan dia tidak layak mendapatkan Tess yang begitu lembut dan penuh kasih.
Tess yang yakin bahwa dalam hati Dane sebenarnya mencintai Tess berusaha menyadarkan Dane akan perasaannya sendiri denga
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sempre te Amei
Diana Palmer

Less é tão fofa, apesar de tudo, ainda acredita no amor de uma forma tão completa, que é capaz de se sacrificar.

Já o Dane é tão amargurado e descrente em relação às mulheres, que fico com dó do bobalhão.

Mesmo o amor já instalado em suas entranhas, ele continua lutando contra.

Como os típicos cowboys, da Diana Palmer, vão perder a luta, não sei por que eles insistem em ir contra a natureza humana.

Obs.: ...a história da calça apertada é verídica, há estudos que dizem q
Ashley
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Very happy i was able to download for free from the internet as it didn't end up being a very good book. It had some good potential, however not sure if it was jist a little dated for my taste but it just didnt hit the mark.

Hero was hot and cold which i usually dont have an issue with but when it was hot it got hot.

Heroine was a little annoying, not sure why, i guess i just found her a little hard to relate too. I felt there was room for improvement for character development with both characte
Melanie♥
I always enjoy re-reading her older books. They remind me of why she is still one of my favorite authors despite her weaker recent offerings.
nurmawati
Dec 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cowboy

keren banget....covernya khas hq zaman zebot...dimana co nya masih suka di gambarin topless en gak di ganti ama gambar rumput or kuda2 an hehe....
luv this book...dane keren sangat bo ^^
Perch
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm going to preface this by saying the plot and characters in this do not work by modern romantic or ethical standards. This book, like many romances, is very much a product of its time (late 80s - mid 90s) when a guy could be a total asshole, but he has a soft spot for the main meek, virginal, naive heroine and everything is going to work out at the end.

I feel like Romances have cycles to them depending on what the market has decided is 'hot' for that five or ten year cycle. As an example I l
Val
Sep 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very enjoyable read
Astraycat
I felt so deeply for h that got emotional while reading. Although H was not the meanest heroes in DP's books, I wanted to smack him sometimes. I knew all of his experience with women was bad, but it was unfair to compare them to h when she proved to him again and again that she really loved him.

Hoped h made him suffered more before she forgave him. But we all knew DP's heroines always forgave easily.
RebeccaL
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014-read
An alpha hero and a shy quiet but strong heroine. I really like the heroine in this book. She was kept being pushed away by the hero but still able to see through the hero's love and continue to love him regardless of his cold treatment to her. I would love the hero to grovel a bit more to show the heroine he has changed his way and showered her with his actions to show his love.
Spinneretta
Jan 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I finally managed to find some of the older Diana Palmer books. It's a little less polished than her later work, but fairly enjoyable despite it. I did find the heroine a little annoying at times, but it might just be that the book is dated.
Janie
Rating: 4.5 stars.

Somehow, I thought that Tess and Dane's story was in Boss Man and not this. However, I loved this book when I first read it. I think I might just go on another DP binge again and reread the book I've already read by her.
Michelle Boone
Oct 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of the books that reminds me why I love DP. She truly writes a wonderful love story with a little danger and angst thrown in for good measure. And her heroes are always (or almost always) alpha males.
Rachel
this was a quick easy love story.

There was not as much angst as alot of DP books. It was a sweet story where they both knew they loved each other but of course the Hero - Dane- wanted to keep them hidden.

still a nice read
Primadonna
Mar 12, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Read the manga version.
TheRLPL Rice Lake Public Library
Patron Review:
Read all 3 books in series. Worth the read. A little mystery and love story.
Renn
Feb 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Diana, the author loves to write about virgins and rich Texan men. Good story line.
Rogetwhi
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars!!!
Kaycee ❤️
It wasn't the usual Diana Palmer's plot. But I still loved it nonetheless.
Yulia Anggraini
susah sangat nyari ni novel... ;(
udah ngubek2 smua rental d padang tp g ad lagi yg punya...udah pada hilang kta yg punya rentalx...mw beli harga x selangit booo... ><
Erotic Horizon
Oct 23, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Case Of The Mesmerizing Boss (And the Winner Is) (Winner's Circle) by Diana Palmer (1997)
Gail A Ostrove
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful read

You felt the love and fear of both Dane and Tess and I look forward to future stories about them.
Asrina Maharani
Dec 02, 2009 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
enath kenapa ceritanya malah jadi dangkal di sini
  • The Wedding-Night Affair - Selingkuh Di Malam Pengantin
  • Taken: The Spaniard's Virgin (Mediterranean Brides, #2)
  • Istri Simpanan [Mistress Material]
  • Fire and Rain (MacKenzie-Blackthorn #2, Man of the Month #13)
  • The Bride Thief
  • Jess's Promise (Secretly Pregnant…Conveniently Wed, #3)
  • Taming the Beastly MD - Menaklukkan Sang Dokter (Dynasties: The Barones, #4)
  • The Tycoon's Virgin - Wanita Impian Sang Milyarder
  • Raul's Revenge
  • Restless Billionaire (Bad Blood, #3)
  • Sheikh's Desert Duty (The Chatsfield, #9)
  • Mistress: Pregnant by the Spanish Billionaire
  • The Italian's Token Wife
  • Completely Smitten (Hometown Heartbreakers, #9)
  • The Baby Discovery (Bachelor Dads, #3)
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Most Wanted (3 books)
  • The Case of the Confirmed Bachelor (Most Wanted #2)
  • The Case of The Missing Secretary (Most Wanted #3)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound