Start by marking “Tweet Heart” as Want to Read:
Tweet Heart

Tweet Heart

Claire is a #hopelessromantic. Lottie is determined to set up her BFF with Mr. Perfect. Will wants his #secretcrush to finally notice him. Bennett is a man with a plan.

Claire can't believe it when her dream guy starts following her on Twitter. She never thought he noticed her, and suddenly he seems to understand her better than almost anyone.

But the Twitterverse can be a
Published June 29th 2010 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published June 22nd 2010)

Start your review of Tweet Heart
Monet
Feb 21, 2014 rated it did not like it
When I saw this book, I thought the Tweet and email set up was a fun idea. I was interested in seeing how the conversations via Twitter would work, as I myself have not been a Tweeter. I had also read other books like it. I was sadly very disappointed in this book.

All the characters are absolutely terrible, more than the typical, "I'm in high school so I"m awful," sort of way. I didn't find myself rooting for them, or hoping things would work everything out in the end. I just sat there wondering
Kristi
Jul 03, 2010 rated it liked it
I loved the set-up this novel... being a Twitter addict myself, I found that aspect to be very unique. However that did lead to the novel being read very quickly, but I don't necessarily consider that a bad thing.

The plot was engaging enough, if not a little bit predictable, I think any reader would be able to see the outcome of this story before it happens, but it's still fun to read! With the novel being in tweet format it was hard to really 'know' the characters. The characters did represent
Tina
Jun 29, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary, ya, 2010
Original post here:

I didn't get into Twitter until last year, but I've had my account for a while now. At work, I think my friends and I converse more in Twitter, and it's kind of fun to watch and read other people's updates. Not to mention following authors and celebrities. Sometimes the best gossip can be found in Twitter, don't you think?

So I was really excited when I saw and read what Tweet Heart was about from Amazon. At first I was frustrated when I saw that there wasn't any Kindle version
Balsam
Jan 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
That one star was for the author being smart enough to fit a load of garbage into one book.
Kari
Cute, uniquely presented, and lighthearted, Tweet Heart is a great romantic read. Focusing on four characters, the story is easy to follow and entertaining. Each character gets a decent amount of time and the reader can form a connection with them all.

If there had to be one character for the central focus, it would be Claire. She is the one who ties the set together. Her best friend is Lottie but she is also good friends with Will and Bennett. Though Lottie and Bennett argue and bicker, they hav
Erin DuBrock
Jan 22, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
Tweetheart is a book written completely in tweets, blog posts and emails between four high school friends. Clair is the quiet writer that has a huge crush on the star lacrosse player, Lottie is the BFF that likes to run through guys like toilet paper, Bennette is the nerdy side kick who writes the blog, and Will is the boy that has a huge crush on Clair and thinks that by pretending to be the lacrosse guy on twitter he might be able to make Clair happy.

This was a very quick read, which I was exp
Jackie
Mar 20, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Let me just gush about the pages for a minute. Each one is designed to a perfection. Each page has a cute background, not unlike Twitter. The blog entries are headed by spiffy blog headers. And before each tweet is a small little picture of the…er, tweeter? Tweet Heart was such a visually appealing book!

The characterization was pretty good, especially considering Rudnick had to do it in 140 characters or less. Although, readers get to learn more about Claire and Bennett through their blogs and W
Katelyn
Jun 16, 2010 rated it liked it
I don't have a twitter account and have never tweeted before, but after reading this book I must say I'm quite tempted to start one. Our main character Claire decides to join the masses on twitter and can't believe her luck when her crush begins following her on line. I had some issues understanding why Claire was so hung up on JD (her crush) when she didn't really know anything about him to begin with. An attraction I can understand, but a full out crush on someone who's practically a stranger ...more
La Femme Readers
Jul 16, 2010 rated it it was amazing
What do some people do on a daily basis? We tweet our life stories. Every moment of boredom we find ourselves sharing our inner thoughts and socializing with others. Social networks surround our lives so much that we finally have a YA book to share our love for it together. Elizabeth's innovative approach to writing a romantic comedy in the form of twitter was pure genius. The fast-paced plot and entertaining characters were elements for success. Claire and Lottie were the perfect best friend co ...more
Trisha W.
Jul 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I can not say enough good things about this book. I absolutely loved it! Elizabeth did an awesome job for her debut novel. I love reading books in diary form, or in this case, e-mails, blogs and tweets! I finished this book in 4 hours. Would have been sooner but I have kids so I couldn't sit right down and read this like I wanted to.
The characters in this book were so much fun. I found myself laughing out loud on the second page. Elizabeth has such humor in her writing that it makes you want to
Kai
Jul 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: teens, books-i-own
Amy
Jun 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This was such a great book! I first heard of it when I saw one of my GR friends, and a book review I admire had read and reviewed it here and on her youtube channel. Took a look at the description on here, and it looked good. I'll admit I was a bit saddened when I found out there wasn't a Nook version available. Oh well. Then today, I was with my best friend at a mall, and we were at a bookstore. While perusing, I saw a lone copy of this book standing on the shelf. It was practically crying out ...more
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Mar 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
A fun book that's written a little differently.
Claire has a crush on JD. That gives Bennett an idea and convinces Will to pretend to be JD on Twitter. At first he doesn't agree but in the end, he does. The four friends were awesome. Reminded me of another fun read called A Match Made in High School. For readers who like a different style of writing and book or like just a fun book to read sometimes.
Brendan
Jul 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this. It's a quick and easy read because of the format, but what's really impressive about this is that the characters, both male and female, emerge as fully-formed, three-dimensional people through what they write in 140-character bursts. That's some good writing! Also, it's a really charming and really sweet love story. Highly recommended.
Zer
Dec 15, 2011 rated it really liked it

Tweet Heart, a well packaged deal to discover frienship, life's trifles, and love. A present for all teens who want to learn about life's choices through twittering!

Fast paced and light hearted it keeps you pondering what will happen next. A teen drama that will keep your heart fighting for the main characters to find their partners and love.

A good read!
Dua'a Behbehani
Jan 14, 2013 rated it liked it
I had no idea the whole book was in tweets but it was kinda a nice surprise. I hope this doesn't catch on otherwise it will be the death of literature. It had some funny moments though, I gave a chuckle here and a chortle there so.. no harm, no foul.
Christina
Jun 25, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: own
Very cute, sweet and fun book. If you are looking for a fast, cutesy read, I definitely recommend this one! How could you not like a book called "Tweet Heart"?
Lenka
Jul 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
What a beautiful book. I really like that it is written in tweets, blog posts and e-mails. It's a light, perfectly summery read. Kind of cliché, but I didn't mind. It's just so sweet and aww :)
Haley Mathiot
Jul 07, 2010 marked it as to-read
this sounds so stupid that i have to read it... LoL
Misty
Mar 18, 2011 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly enjoyable!
Video review:
Agnieszka
Mar 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: young-adult
3.5 stars. Liked it, but not as much as I thought I would. ;)
Dagonell
Popsugar Cat.: A book involving social media
Goodreads Cat.: A book you can read in a day
Dagonell Cat.: An epistolary
Rating: 4 stars

Claire is a shy nerd in love with JD, the captain of the lacrosse team. Her best friend Lottie is a party animal. Will is a nerd in love with Claire. Ben is Will's best friend and he's a science fiction geek. Since JD doesn't bother with electronic media Will decides to make a fake account to make Claire thinks JD
Ginger Woods
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
I picked up this book thinking it would fly by fast since it's all in Tweets. Every other IM book I've ever read just flew by but this one, this one took me three days. I could barly drag myself through it. So much for a short and sweet alternative to all the other Young Adult books out there.

It was a cute little story and if you want a cute little love story than fine read it. But even I who am head over heels in love and always love finding myself in a dreamy haze of romance books I would muc
Katie
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
I love stories that are written in this format- I think it is a really cool idea. I do like Twitter. However, this story seemed waaaayyyy too immature for me (even if I would have read it ten years ago, seriously). Which is saying a lot since I have been reading a series designed for middle schoolers..... Anyways, the characters weren't very likable. I had to quit.... sorry....
Isabel
May 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Manda
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
Very quick read. The story was predictable but I did find myself wanting to read it. It is good for junior high age kids.
Karli
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was ok
It was a good book, but the style of how it was written was hard for me to follow
Theresa
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this book limed the story line and liked the format
Kayla Plutzer
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This was fun but I remember thinking that the guy, her best friend, was kinda creepy. I liked the way it was written.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Lipstick Apology
  • The Future of Us
  • Dream Factory
  • House of M
  • Prose and Cons (Magical Bookshop, #2)
  • Verse and Vengeance (Magical Bookshop, #4)
  • Murders and Metaphors (Magical Bookshop, #3)
  • Crime and Poetry (Magical Bookshop, #1)
  • Assaulted Caramel (Amish Candy Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Striding Folly (Lord Peter Wimsey, #15)
  • The Book of Tomorrow
  • Smiles to Go
  • Girl at Sea
  • Hotel Silence
  • Just Listen
  • Murder in the Queen's Armes (Gideon Oliver, #3)
  • Soul Music (Discworld, #16; Death, #3)
his is the part I'm always the worst at—talking about myself! So as you've figured out, my name is Elizabeth Rudnick and I'm a young adult author. I'm also a Senior Editor at Disney Press in New York City. I've edited books based on movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and Prince of Persia as well as Miley Cyrus's memoir, Miles to Go, which was a New York Times bestseller (imagine if Tweet Heart w ...more