Start by marking “The Monster Diaries (Books For Life) (Books For Life)” as Want to Read:
The Monster Diaries (Books For Life) (Books For Life)

The Monster Diaries (Books For Life) (Books For Life)

3.27  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
What do monsters really do all day? This delightfully funny sneak peek into the daily lives of monsters reveals that even the scariest of monsters lead lives that are surprisingly just like ours. The Werewolf has a daily barber's appointment at eight in the morning, then again at ten, one more before lunch, and, of course, a trim before dinner. Who knew that Dracula hates ...more

To ask other readers questions about The Monster Diaries (Books For Life), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Monster Diaries (Books For Life)

Julie
Oct 15, 2012 rated it it was ok
This isn't a good story to read to a toddler because it's not really a story. It's a compelation of monsters' diary pages listing what each one does on a given day. My 2 yr old likes to hear the lists read in funny monster voices. The illistrations are great.
Christine
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children
I added this book to our read along collection. .

I don't mind it, although it wouldn't be a childhood favorite of mine. The kids both like the 'day in the life' format of each character. They like to talk about them after. They don't really get that each is using their diary entry to apply for a job, so I think there could be more tie in somehow.

I liked the mini-story line overlaps although it took a few reads to get them all.

Personally, I don't get why Cry Baby is in here though.
Tina
Feb 27, 2014 rated it liked it
I bought this as a 10 books for £10 deal at The Works for my (almost) 4yr old son, I have put this book aside without reading it to him because I felt the book should be for older children - 9yrs old as I don't think someone Henry's age would understand the humor. Personally I liked the book and I got the humor part, but I felt it could have expanded more on the storyline than it did; especially as in my opinion it should be for late junior age children.
Caitlin Bonde
Mar 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Funny, creative, original. Introduces many "monsters" that kids will be aware of.
Ben