Start by marking “The Cajun's Captive (Stormy Weather, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cajun's Captive (Stormy Weather, #1)

The Cajun's Captive

(Stormy Weather #1)

After centuries of solitude the stars are finally aligned just right. The handsome Deveraux brothers of Louisiana are going to meet their match this Hurricane Season.

Nook, 98 pages
Published June 13th 2008 by Cobblestone Press (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about The Cajun's Captive, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cajun's Captive

Start your review of The Cajun's Captive (Stormy Weather, #1)
Kelly
I have no problem with books where a sexy Alpha male decides he wants a certain someone and does everything in his power to get her. None. But I do prefer that books that have the word 'captive' in their title and have a woman with her hands bound on the cover have more ... captivity. I have expectations, people, and I want them to be met!

Yes, there is a little tying up, a little binding, some light bondage play... but I was expecting more. THAT'S WHY I BOUGHT THIS BOOK. Are we clear
Pam
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shifters, steamy-hawt, 4, nook
FREEBIE! Get captivated with a free #paranormal #romance #novella from bestselling author Selena Blake.

Amazon: http://www.selena-blake.com/tcca
BN: http://www.selena-blake.com/tccbn
Smashwords: http://www.selena-blake.com/tccsm
AllRomanceEbooks: http://www.selena-blake.com/tccare

One of the first shifter books I read, years ago, I remember enjoying them and as the series progressed it got better and better!
Alp
This was just a mediocre novella with almost no story here and most of all, it was too short! The whole story was a little bit off and it would have made a lot more sense if the hero had taken the heroine seriously at first. Fortunately, it was free on Amazon Kindle, or else I might even get more fed up with these two main characters!
Karen
I have read something from this author before and liked it enough to try this series. While this did not grab me out the gate I still did enjoy it. The characters seem thin but I assume they will get more of a lift as this continues since they will likely be seen in subsequent books even though they will not be the focus. I also expect that there surroundings, besides the fact that it is Louisiana, will be more fully fleshed out. This didn't really give me a chance to see them in my head and bec ...more
Sammy Loves Books
I usually love erotica involving werewolves trying to deny their desire for their mate. This story had the makings of great erotica but it fell short. The characters were bland and had very little depth. Yes, one could argue that this was a short story of 98 pages and short stories have little character building. I disagree however because it can be done. But I'm digressing. The sex was erotic but never made me squirm. How could an alpha werewolf not make me squirm? Maybe because I didn't really ...more
Sandra
"Dammit, Amanda. You make me crazy. I've never been this hard before... "

photo fc4e0e29-124b-4961-9747-72e6694cfcaf_zpsc293f6df.jpg

Review for mature readers only!

Sebastian Deveraux is the Alpha of his pack and like all the Deveraux men, he's sexy as pure sin. He's waited for decades for just the right woman. For his mate. And ten years ago he'd been sure he'd found her in Amanda St. James. But she'd run from him. Now she's back. And this time he won't let her go, even if it means tying her up to his bed. In fact, Sebastian might take a little pleasure whilst doinonly!
Sebastian
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
Apr 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Sexy and HOT star's

This is a easy read for an free afternoon when you have a little free time, I would of read this alot quicker but I've been at work this afternoon so if not, you could defnitely read it in an hour tops!!!!

This is for 18yrs plus because of the rough, and steamy sex scenes.

Sebastian Deveraux is the Alpha in werewolf pack, he's seeking his Luna his Alpha female, and Amanda St James has loved Sebastian for years but didn't think he felt the same way so she ra
Lady Raven RAVE!
Jul 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Sebastian Deveraux the Alpha of his pack . He has waited a decade for just the right woman for his mate, but none never made him feel the way Amanda had. Amanda was very young and felt scared for what she felt for Sebastian, so she went on to college and lived a very successful life in New York. Now, she has returned because she thought Sebastian sent something to her but it wasn't him.

I didn't feel any excitement, but it was just ok for me. Sebastian seem sexy and nice but his Alpha
Lorraine Lesar
Jun 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I have never read any of Selena Blake before, but as this was free on Amazon, I decided to give her a go and I am glad that I did. This is the sort of book that you want to read with a glass of wine in your hands, feet up and no distractions ie no husband, no children, this book is for "your time". In this book, there is no side story, no baddies, only a slow burning sexual tension that builds and builds. Our sexy Cajun hero (Sebastian) has been in love with Amanda since she was young. Too young ...more
Carolyn F.
Jul 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars - short and sweet book. I read on a goodreads discussion how this book was pretty good and it was I just wish it were a little longer.

Sebastian is thinking about the girl that got away, when she just happens to be sneaking around his house. He's not letting her go this time. There's a mystery of who sent the note that led her back there, which is never answered. Maybe if the book was a little longer we could have found out.
Nickcole
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Stars: 3.5

Overall: I'm left a little confused at the moment. I really liked the idea of the story, but it felt so rushed, i truly feel like i never got a chance to get to know the characters or the situation they are in. I really wish the author would've slowed the story and explained Amanda's past and would've given Sebastian and Amanda and chance to fall in love, not just rush her to the alter.

Characters: Sebastian & Amanda

Page Turner: Yes

Series Cont: Y
Ambulur
Jan 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
So I totally needed this! A super quick read but really good and redonkulously hot!
Sebastian is straight up Alpha and now that he's gotten his woman back, he's not letting her go. Even if he has to tie her up in order to keep her!
HOLLA!
yes, this could have been longer...yes, the storyline wasn't amazing but sometimes all you need is a really hot muscle-donut alpha werewolf getting straight to the point to make it a pretty awesome read!
Ill take this as is anyday! :)
Aղցela W.
This was a good book for a first book in a series. This is the first book I have read by this author and was very pleased with it. Even though it was a short read it captured me from the beginning and does not skimp on steam or story at all. Will definitely be reading more from this series and author
Rinny Rainwind
May 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book was very short. It got right to the point. I must say I believe the main character had Stockholm syndrome. Who marries a man that ties her to the bed and " claims" her. Wow. But I want to read the series. I have been told it's really good. Onward to book #2.
Holly
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by this author and was very pleased with it. Even though it was a short read it captured me from the beginning and does not skimp on steam or story at all!! Will definitely be reading more from this series and author!
Michelle the Romance Witch
a fast but decent erotica read... had to look past a lot of grammar mistakes though so that kinda brought me out of the story a few two many times.
Delta
Apr 10, 2013 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: Nobody
Shelves: thumbs-down, deleted
Devoid of believable plot...just explicit scenes strung together...not worth your time.
Benita Vehnom  Ruiz
Jun 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: sexy-man, shifters
Great read, was a lil short for me but still a great read!!!! On to book two!!!
A. Cook
Aug 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: one-timers
A quick read that was a bit rushed and never got a chance to know the characters much.
Amber Daulton
Sep 04, 2018 rated it liked it
In the first novella of the Stormy Weather series, Sebastian Deveraux is the alpha of his Cajun wolf pack. His brothers keep reminding him that he needs to pick a mate, but the only woman he wants skipped town years earlier. Then to his surprise, fate answers his dreams.
Amanda St. James has always loved Sebastian but thought he didn’t love her in return. Now a NYC reporter, she returns home to Louisiana for a funeral and then receives flowers from Sebastian, or so she believes. After he finds h
L M
Oct 14, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 stars.
I have the whole series and love rereading them.
Short introduction to this series but not the best of the bunch.
Never quite get the feeling these two are meant for each other even though everything is there to bring them together.
Didn’t like Sebastian being a player as it is implied. If he had wanted Amanda so much over the last nine years why didn’t he pursue her.
I can understand Amanda’s side due to what she overheard Sebastian say.
Margaret
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
For me this story lacked any depth. I was left with little bits of information that was supposed to lead to this Alpha pair who were brought together by a mysterious bouquet of flowers.

I was left wondering what was the story about. It has the making of a good book but with only bones and no meat to make a really good read.
Natalie
May 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Cajun's Captive

This was hot and exciting. It was funny how she was lusting after the three brother's but Sebastian enticed get the most. I have to read the other book in this series and I definitely recommend reading.
Diane
May 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Enjoyed the book and would recommend to those who like a sexy Cajun wolf.....good author who knows what she is doing.
Miki
Aug 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
This Review was first published on my blog Lecture toute une Aventure

My opinion:
I really loved the Christmas novella I’ve read ( and reviewed already) which is kind of an epilogue for this series and I wanted to discover more so when I saw that book 1 was free on smashwords I didn’t hesitate I wanted to see more of the Cajun brother and how they got their mate.

Selena Blake did well but I’m a little disappointed, there isn’t the magical feeling from the other novella and
Jodie
Jun 05, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5/5
www.booksforcompany.com
The Cajun’s Captive is a very small book and didn’t take long to read at all. I found that I was able to very quickly get into the book with some help from the hotness - the males, in the story.
Sebastian is one of those addictive types of characters who seem to have it all; A little mysterious, funny, and handsome as well as having a soft spot for a lady and being sweet with it! Amanda, the main women character, is someone w
Djg
Jun 30, 2013 rated it liked it
This story is one of those where the main characters have a history and haven't seen each other in nearly 10 years. It was a little like jumping on a moving train.

Sebastian is an alpha shifter and the heroine the girl he (and his brothers) lusted after 10 years ago. It's never really explained how they came to be aquainted before. From the brief flash back it seemed as if they had grown up together but that couldn't really be possible since later the author states Sebastian is over 2
Shawnee
Jun 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Stacy
Mar 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like it, but just couldn't do it. The plot felt rushed, jumping from one thing to another so fast that I felt like my head was spinning - I'm talking Linda Blair via The Exorcist. Character development was pretty much scarce. One major thing that drove me nuts was that the main male character and his brothers are werewolves and pretty much immortal, that being the case they have to move every 10-15 years so the fact that they aren't aging doesn't become an issue. This is something th ...more
Ibrium
Objectively, it's safe to say that this so needs an editor, for copy & content, but I DON'T CARE. The world building is sparse, but operating under the "if you've read one werewolf book, you've read 'em all" premise, I guess it's okay. The characters could've used a bit more fleshing out. There are bits that had me scratching my head, terrible dialogue tags, accents come and go and even invade the narrative, questionable character actions (would they be less questionable if we knew the H/h b ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Hell or High Water (Lost and Found, Inc., #1)
  • Real Men Howl (Real Men Shift, #1)
  • Saying Yes
  • Stormbound: Seduced by the Neighbors
  • Hunter's Choice (The Hunters)
  • Dark Skye (Immortals After Dark, #14)
  • MacRieve (Immortals After Dark, #13)
  • Playing with Fire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #1)
  • Hoofin' It (Magical Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • Serial Killer Princess (Magical Romantic Comedies, #3)
  • Whatever for Hire (Magical Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • Help Wanted (Fantasy Heights, #1)
  • Claimed
  • A Little Harmless Surprise (Harmless, #3.5)
  • Casey's Night In (The Mirage Agency, #1.5)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Wicked Mourning
  • Untamed Magick (Pentacles of Magick, #1)
An action movie buff with a penchant for all things supernatural and sexy, Selena Blake combines her love for adventure, travel and romance into steamy paranormal romance. Selena’s books have been called “a steamy escape” and have appeared on bestseller lists, been nominated for awards, and won contests. When she’s not writing you can find her by the pool soaking up some sun, day dreaming about ne ...more

Stormy Weather (6 books)
  • Bitten in the Bayou ( Stormy Weather, #2)
  • Seduced by a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #3)
  • Mated to a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #4)
  • Stranded with a Cajun Werewolf (Stormy Weather, #5)
  • A Cajun Werewolf Christmas (Stormy Weather, #6)