Start by marking “The Secret Mountain (The Secret Series, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Secret Mountain (The Secret Series, #3)

The Secret Mountain (The Secret Series #3)

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  860 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
The parents of Mike, Peggy and Nora are held captive in the Secret Mountain in Africa. Together with their friends and Prince Paul, they run away to search for them. But can they find the mountain - and who are the strange and dangerous red-haired people living there?
Published (first published 1941)

To ask other readers questions about The Secret Mountain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Secret Mountain

Cindy Cheung
May 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-top-favorite
I loved this book just like I loved The Secret of Spiggy Holes. I liked the character in the book known as Mafumu. He was smart, and caught on to english well. He helped Jack, and saved his parents! I loved this book very much!!!
Karthik
Feb 27, 2015 rated it liked it
This is possibly the most exotic setting taken up by Enid Blyton in terms of non Fantasy. Here she goes right out of USA and sets the story in Africa. But the story does not work very well because clearly Enid Blyton is not really comfortable in these settings - goes to show how a work can backfire if not well researched. One can genuinely get a feel of Wales and England in Enid Blyton's works, her Africa seems like a hollow shell - if one needs to genuinely know Africa one has to read King Solo ...more
Cathy
Oct 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
This was the first children's novel I ever saw, the first one I ever read, and the reason why I am an ardent reader today. Still have my original copy.
Jake Collins
Like the first two books in this series, this one contains many familiar Blyton-esque ideas in their infant stages (many of which will come to full maturity in The Valley of Adventure and The Mountain of Adventure) but unlike with the first two books, the raw ideas in this one do not really gel for me. Enid Blyton is cutting her teeth on adventure novels with this series and the first two books only benefit from that, but this one does not - it feels undercooked and rather poorly conceived to me ...more
Dhiraj Sharma
Mar 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I get transported back to my good old school days whenever I read any book by Enid Blyton...this was one of my first EB's and I read it whenever I wish to flow back into time....life was so simple in Ms Blyton's books...good friends..good storyline..good amount of food..an engaging mystery...little bit of peril with our little heroes managing to come out with flying colours at the end.
Back then I didn't even know what adventure means...Enid Blyton's works such as the Secret Mountain taught me th
K.l.
Jan 12, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids, enid-s-i-own
Mt least favourite of the three, although I always love the sacrificial scene with the eclipse...
Pallavi Sharma
Oct 15, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
good one...
Catherine
Feb 26, 2015 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
Izzy
Oct 18, 2010 marked it as to-read
The secret mountain sounds adventurious and when I read it I hope that it will be good.
Milley
Sep 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Okay now this one is very Tintin. I didnt like it as much as the first in the series. i think i like reading how they became self sufficient in that first book.
Peju
Aug 08, 2007
Shamira
rated it it was ok
Dec 26, 2012
  • The Famous Five And The Mystery Of The Emeralds (Knight Books)
  • The Third Form at St. Clare's (St. Clare's, #7)
  • Leopard at the Lodge (Animal Ark, #44)
  • The Naughtiest Girl Wants to Win (The Naughtiest Girl, #9)
  • Manners
  • The Prophecy (Animorphs, #34)
  • Volcano Adventure
  • A Bad Spell for the Worst Witch (Worst Witch, #3)
  • The Chalet School in Exile (The Chalet School, #16)
  • Mystery of the Samurai Sword (Hardy Boys, #60)
Enid Mary Blyton (1897 - 1968) was an English author of children's books.

Born in South London, Blyton was the eldest of three children, and showed an early interest in music and reading. She was educated at St. Christopher's School, Beckenham, and - having decided not to pursue her music - at Ipswich High School, where she trained as a kindergarten teacher. She taught for five years before her 192
More about Enid Blyton...

The Secret Series (5 books)
  • The Secret Island (The Secret Series, #1)
  • The Secret of Spiggy Holes (The Secret Series, #2)
  • The Secret of Killimooin (The Secret Series, #4)
  • The Secret Of Moon Castle (The Secret Series, #5)