Start by marking “The Viking's Captive Princess” as Want to Read:
The Viking's Captive Princess

The Viking's Captive Princess

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  166 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Dangerous warrior Ivar Gunnarson is a man of deeds, not words. With little time for the ideals of love, Ivar seizes what he wants--and Princess Thyre will not become the exception to his rule!
Mysterious and enchanting, Thyre rouses Ivar's desire the moment he lays eyes on her. With Viking factions engaged in a bloody feud, Thyre is yet another captive this hardened warrio
Published December 1st 2009 by Harlequin Special Releases (first published 2009)

To ask other readers questions about The Viking's Captive Princess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Viking's Captive Princess

Graham
A compelling and efficient historical romance. Kudos to Michelle Styles for picking a time period and location not normally covered by the genre.

I particularly liked the characterisation of Thyre here, as she feels like a fully three dimensional heroine with an existence off the page. She's easy to understand and relate to for the modern reader, and yet she never feels out of place in the era.

Plenty of sexual tension, brooding Viking warriors, seafaring, sword fights and heartfelt conversation (
♥Xeni♥
Won this book as a first read in December 2010.

It just came and looks really interesting. Perhaps I'll start it soon. After the BOMs!

-----

Okay, now that I have read the book I have to say that it is exactly what it set out to be. There is a quote on the back that reads "No one touches my woman. She bears my mark. I claim her." and really that is what this book is about. Super macho man conquring helpless captive princess who doesn't want to give into her desires but then figures out that that i
Hbeebti
Nov 27, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: won
First Read Winner ! So cool !!!.... Anyway ok so this was a really interesting story for me. Historical books are either hit or miss. This one was a hit for me. But The reason I gave it three stars was because there were soooo many times when I wanted to smack Ivar. I mean I think that it has to do with the way women are treated in that era. But dang it all Thyre was awesome! Loved her! I loved that the female character was so strong and didn't listen to what was being directed to her to do. She ...more
Melissa
I have a not-so-secret obsession with Harlequin novels, and also with anything Viking. Strong men warriors, yum! This book wasn't the greatest, but it kept me interested and settled my Harlequin romance crave that I'd been feeling for quite awhile. I would reccomend this to anyone who enjoys historical romance novels. :)
Veronica
Mi sono annoiata tantissimo...
Di solito i guerrieri vichinghi mi ispirano... Ivar proprio no
Peccato
LD  Durham
Feb 17, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: het-romance
I did not know, before buying, that this is part of a series. I've dropped into the middle of a series before and, while not pleasant, the authors often make allowances for the gaps in back story. And I, as the reader, don't have the same emotional connection to characters from previous stories, but I can still enjoy the current tale.

At first, I thought that my problems with understanding what was going on was due to my not having read the previous books. But further on, I realized that no, thi
Crystal
2.5 actually.

I had a review all mentally penned, then I, after finishing the book, read the author's notes at the end. You know that feeling you get when you keep reading anachronisms and location issues? The one where you immediately classify the book as a "wallpaper" historical, and the author as "lazy"? How about when you discover that the author deliberately dumbed down things?

Yeah. She didn't think we were smart enough to figure out location so she used countries that didn't exist yet, call
Katelyn
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pleasantly surprised to find I really enjoyed this book. I felt the action to romance balance was great and found I enjoyed the characters struggles and accomplishments a lot. I also found the time setting unique and really interesting.
❤️☘♡Dinna Ken♡☘❤️
Well, more like 3 and 1/2 stars..

The story was sweet and very nice.. but more than once I felt like I was just waiting for something to happen.. I liked the beginning more than end.. even though it was a happily-ever-after.. still I felt it lacked intensity maybe.. not that it lacked such intense moments because there were a few well-played intense moments.. but still, in between those.. it felt like it stretched at times and hurried at others. But all in all, an enjoyable read foe those who'd w
Ggaspar Gegargas
A pesar de no ser de mis favoritos, se deja leer. Había puesto muchas expectativas en esta lectura pues adoro a los vikingos tanto como a los highlanders, pero esta vez la autora no Supo aprovecharlo. La historia comienza lenta (para ser un libro corto), llegando a el culmen interesante. A partir de ahí el libro se desinfla resolviendo el libro con una sola página. Por supuesto recurre a las salidas fáciles.

Lo que más me gustó, la temática.

Lo que menos me gustó, ademas de las salidas fáciles,
Jilly
Dec 30, 2011 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Sadly, not even close to entertaining. I didn't expect anything but a cheesy romance and had actually hoped for such. What I got was a rather drool love story that left you wondering just when the main characters actually decided they loved each other.

Constant misunderstandings and prejudices get in the way of what could be a lovely romance and that happens to be on both Thyre and Ivar's parts.

Not worth the read.
Amanda
Jan 03, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brain-junk-food
I wish I could give this book a 2 1/2 star rating, but oh well... I liked the plot of the story but the author could not make it sing. The romance was continually plagued with misconceptions and prejudice unless they were enjoying the love making. This had more potential then the author could do it justice. That being said, it was refreshing to read a historical romance that wasn't in Victorian England.
Harlequin Historical
#3 of 3, linked to Taken by the Viking and Viking Warrior, Unwilling Wife

Ummm, two words...

LOVED IT!

I sincerely hope to see more Viking stories from Michelle in the future. She captures the time and character of the time beautifully. It is like being there and her characters are strong and driven. I would recommmend this series to anyone who asked.
V.M. Cameron
Feb 14, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romÁntica
No me ha gustado mucho, la verdad. La protagonista me ponía enferma; no me parece tan valiente, ni decidida ni, por supuesto, inteligente. Todo le sale bien un poco por suerte y porque si no no seria la protagonista.
Aun así está bien aportarle un poco de viking stuff a mi mundo jaja
Cristina Contilli
I due protagonisti mi sono piaciuti (lei perché è coraggiosa e lui perché è onesto e leale), ma l'epoca violenta e selvaggia in cui vivono non è il tipo di ambientazione che preferisco...

Mιss •kαthєяίиє•  Τhε Emεrαℓd Pяίиcεss®
Weird time set so I had to read it... It was very interesting.
Dana
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book, but why in every book do the characters always only tell each other they love one another at the end of the book! It gets annoying.
Terri
Narcissa
Jan 02, 2011
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Warrior's Touch
  • The Viking's Defiant Bride (Victorious Vikings #1)
  • In the Master's Bed
  • Masquerading Mistress
  • The Rake's Inherited Courtesan
  • Viking in Love (Viking I, #8)
  • Ravished by a Viking
  • The Viking's Sacrifice
  • The Notorious Knight (King John, #2)
  • Seduced by the Scoundrel (Mills & Boon Historical) (Danger & Desire, Book 2)
  • Bedded by the Warrior
  • His Enemy's Daughter
  • Captain Fawley's Innocent Bride (The Fawley's, #2)
  • The Viking
Born and raised near San Francisco Califorinia, Michelle Styles currently lives a few miles south of Hadrian's Wall with her husband, three children and menagerie of pets. An avid reader, she became hooked on historical romance when she discovered Georgette Heyer, Anya Seton and Victoria Holt in her school's library. Michelle enjoys writing stories in a wide range of time periods including Roman, ...more
More about Michelle Styles...